“Great hotel, not a good location”

Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu
Ranked #6 of 3,480 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been in guangzhou this May. The road name on the hotel website is not a good description. The taxi driver didn't know the road name "Jingying", they called it "Huicai". But the hotel itself is good. Very friendly staff and served food with high quality. The decoration is new and modern. Our room is in 21st floor and have a good view of that area. I like the bath room a lot because its big and clean and easy to use. The printer in first floor seems not working though. The bad part is that it's too far from downtown. The nearest subway station is about 1km away and need to go about 7stations to get to downtown. There is almost no restaurants nearby. The only one is a un-formal restaurant which will start business after 5pm and most people eat outside the room. If there would be more restaurants nearby, this hotel will be a great choice.

Room Tip: A higher floor is better. You can see the great view of that area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zihe C
yen c, GUEST EXPERIENCE TEAM at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad you have a nice stay and we provided a good experience to you. We consistently provide the best service to every guest. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Fantastic hotel. Nice room stay and be it breakfast or lunch at The Eatery, it serves fantastic food! Try the Beef Brisket; and chicken chop slices for breakfast! Couldnt say more, with the gym, indoor pool and excellent service, this is a place that I would definitely go again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DamienYu
yen c, GUEST EXPERIENCE TEAM at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad the hotel is up to your expectation. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have got a chance to experience Four Points in a special occasion. Even this is only an upscale hotel brand of Starwood, rooms, decorations and services can be compared with 5-star level.

Rooms are clean and spacious for a standard size; everything in the room is up to brand standard. Every room attendants greet and smile at you make you feel you are valued guest. Since I booked the hotel under their promotion rate (Red hot deal), makes it become ‘Great rates, great hotel.’

Here I would like to thank Ms. Wing Pan from GSC and all the staffs who did help for arranging the special decoration and gift in my room, it really makes me a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Felix_MOK
yen c, GUEST EXPERIENCE TEAM at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad the hotel is up to your expectation. Red Hot Deal promotion is valid till August 5. We offer up to 50% discount. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was able to stay at the Four Points hotel for four nights and from start to finish the staff was excellent. I've seen postings on here that refer to this hotel as a 5 star hotel. I believe it is actually a 4 star hotel, but looks so nice on the inside and out that you would think it is a 5 star hotel. It is probably the nicest Four Points hotel I've stayed at. The check in was very quick and the staff spoke english very well. Given it's location there may be some sound pollution, but I woke up one morning hearing a very loud drum beat. I looked out my window and it was a very large boat with rowers preparing for the Dragon Boat festival! It was a lot of fun to be able to watch them practice for the upcoming holiday.

Each side of the hotel has a unique view. I think I prefer the view of the paddy fields. The prices to eat within the hotel are rather high compared to what is available outside of the hotel, but actually on level with other Four Point hotels. The breakfast buffet is huge! Definitely worth the money if you are hungry. I also ordered a burger from room service one night and was very pleased with it as well. I would suggest taking a taxi to the nearest subway station as the cost of a taxi is very cheap in the area. The surrounding area of the hotel felt very safe. Walking down the street it looked as if the locals had not see many foreigners before. The gym was well stocked and the pool was nice to have on the hot summer days.

One thing I really enjoyed was the personal attention given by the staff. Staying for four nights the staff always greeted me by name and asked how my stay was going and if I needed anything. They even provided an umbrella at the front door when it was raining. The hotel probably gets a majority of their business from people visiting the science city district for work. If they offered a shuttle to the city center I would be much more likely to visit again on a leisure travel. We used the hotel's town car (available for an added expense) to get to the hotel. They allowed us to visit and go up the Canton Tower. They really went the extra mile to make this trip memorable!

Room Tip: High level floor away from the main street or looking towards the paddy fields. Grab a Four Points t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Astroph
yen c, GUEST EXPERIENCE TEAM at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad that all the facilities, food & beverage and service are up to your expectation. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice Four Points, close to the highway and away from downtown. I don't see why you would stay here for leisure but for business it is great.

The lobby is very nice and it has a nice bar and restaurant adjacent to the lobby.

The rooms are in good condition and large. Nice bathroom and plenty of closet space.

Service is very good. The staff is attentive and friendly. Breakfast is great and the buffet offers a good selection of western and Asian dishes.

• Stayed: June 2012
yen c, Online Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Reviewed April 10, 2013

.very good place with the perfect international service and restaurant too.
The rooms are very confortable and modern.
the restaurant have a lot of dish from chinese and international .
I will come back soon

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
yen c, Online Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I 've firstly found it by accident !
It's really convenient its position,for my business affairs in the area.
Simple,but having everything somebody may need.
Fast and helpful staff,with satisfied English language level .
As i used to stay more than 50 nights/year they really converted the slogan "feeling like home..." to reality for me!
They even were calling me with my small name!
My complain now...!
After my first 4-5 stays within 6 continuously months,i signed a contract with the hotel getting-of course -special price.
But as my stays were getting more and more than the time we signed the contract,of course i asked from the supervisor,offering me at least a slightly lower price.
I was also informed from a friend who's company had also a contract with the hotel(with slightly more stays/year than me)that his price was much lower than the one i had signed at the beginning.
Although i had 2 meetings with the supervisor ,pleasing him for a bit lower price,I must confess that i wad expecting more.....understanding and interest at least to 'sweeten' my demand...!

Room Tip: Corner rooms junior suites on the front left side of the hotel. Higher floors also recommended to a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
yen c, Online Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks for staying in our hotel for long time and sharing with us. We are glad the hotel is up to your expectation. We will take contract issue very seriously. Please contact the sales person who takes charge of your company. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.