“very good place”

Ranked #5 of 3,430 Hotels in Guangzhou
Seriate, Italy
“very good place”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

.very good place with the perfect international service and restaurant too.
The rooms are very confortable and modern.
the restaurant have a lot of dish from chinese and international .
I will come back soon

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
yen c, Online Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad the hotel is up to your expectation. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I 've firstly found it by accident !
It's really convenient its position,for my business affairs in the area.
Simple,but having everything somebody may need.
Fast and helpful staff,with satisfied English language level .
As i used to stay more than 50 nights/year they really converted the slogan "feeling like home..." to reality for me!
They even were calling me with my small name!
My complain now...!
After my first 4-5 stays within 6 continuously months,i signed a contract with the hotel getting-of course -special price.
But as my stays were getting more and more than the time we signed the contract,of course i asked from the supervisor,offering me at least a slightly lower price.
I was also informed from a friend who's company had also a contract with the hotel(with slightly more stays/year than me)that his price was much lower than the one i had signed at the beginning.
Although i had 2 meetings with the supervisor ,pleasing him for a bit lower price,I must confess that i wad expecting more.....understanding and interest at least to 'sweeten' my demand...!

Room Tip: Corner rooms junior suites on the front left side of the hotel. Higher floors also recommended to a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
yen c, Online Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for staying in our hotel for long time and sharing with us. We are glad the hotel is up to your expectation. We will take contract issue very seriously. Please contact the sales person who takes charge of your company. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a good brand but this 5 star hotel was disappointing . Staff are excellent and speak good English . Wifi works well and rooms are very nice, the hotel is relatively new.There are only 2 restaurants , a western which offers buffets and a rather limited al carte menu , or a Chinese restaurant. The hotel is priced at around Euro 170 to 200 a night but it is 30 minutes out of Guangzhou in the middle of paddy fields with no decent restaurants nearby. It is probably priced as such due to its close proximity to the exhibition centre about 10 minutes away.
The lady in the business centre did not understand what I was saying when I asked for an envelope , not 5 star material !! If I was going to the exhibition centre ,I would stay closer in town at a better 5 star hotel and get up 30 minutes earlier to taxi out to the exhibition..

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good , no traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing your comments with us. Sincere apologies for the service of Business Center. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is in Dongpu area in the outskirt of Guangzhou. The rooms are nicely decorated and its really value for money, if one has no problem with the distance to the city areas. Overall, I had a pleasant stay, considering this is a Four Points by Sheraton.The lobby area is impressive and feels very new.

The room had a good internet connection and was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very good. The room had a nice fresh bathroom with a large shower and a small separate room for the toilet.

Breakfast was very good. It had a large selection of all type of food, and I found what I needed for a great start on the day. The location may not be very good as other reviewers mentioned. I took a cab to the airport (came in by train) which took some 45-50 minutes. If I come back to Guangzhou I will probably stay at this hotel again. It has all you expect, it is clean, the service is great and you just know there will not be any inconveniences staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Anwar H
yen c, Online Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The doorman at this hotel was ridiculous!!!
He not only stared at me opening the taxi door, he even went to the other side staring my mom opening the taxi door with NO greeting at all!!!
Even more, he let me and my dad lifting the super heavy luggage from the taxi by ourselves as well (we had three suitcases). I don't even see the point that the should have a doorman if the doorman's like this.

Also the condition of the bed was bad!!! It was like sleeping on a wood board!!! how's that heavenly bed???? more like hell bed!!

worst four point ever!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
yen c, Online Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks for staying in our hotel and share comments with us. Sincere apologies for the service of Concierge. We already took action to improve to avoid happen again. Look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. We promise to provide better service to you.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stay in this hotel at least once a month and it offers a GREAT value for money. Ok, it is a bit further from CBD, but has a lot to make up for it. The price is good, the staff is super qualified, the food in the restaurant/room service is nice and the bar has every evening live music. The pool is quite cold and nothing special, but the gym is well equipped. As I am here that often I can call this a home away from home,... exactly what a frequent traveller needs!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Glad to learn you enjoyed the great hotel at the right rate. Look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Ruvo Di Puglia, Italy
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location, excellent value compared to other hotels in same price range. Very good sized rooms, soft towels, large bathrooms, good air con, soft beds. Very quiet hotel. Non smoking room means non smoking not like other hotels who give you stale disgusting smoking rooms. Lots of lifts so fast access. Good international breakfast choices.

Room Tip: For suites I think higher quality of shampoos would be nice touch, would prefer separate toilet for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Raffaele P
yen c, Online Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou Dongpu, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind sharing and glad the hotel is up to your expectation. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.