“Absolutely loved it! Cirque du Soleil combined with Lord of the Rings”

Chimelong International Circus
Book In Advance
More Info
$148.08*
and up
Evening Tour of Guangzhou Chimelong International...
Ranked #2 of 711 things to do in Guangzhou
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This 90-minute show is a mixture of The House of Dancing Water and the typical animal circus. The acts take place on and off stage and over the audience.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I don't even like circus. Ever since I was little, I thought the circus was just a distraction for the simple-minded. Well, circus has evolved since then. What we saw in Guangzhou was a production, not just a circus. This is a Hollywood-level show that features the next level of amazing. There are pretty much every variety of circus and non-circus animals featured in this show. Bears balancing on ropes; flamingos walking around the stage; elephants doing what looks like impossible tricks! Even the clowns are funny, incorporating modern-day humor in their acts. the acrobats are like artists; Cirque du Soleil quality! The costumes, lighting, and music take it to a level out of the ordinary. They feature performers from all over the world with themes that demonstrate their cultures such as a couple of scenes from the Aztec empire, etc.

In short, this was a 2-hour enjoyment for me. I am planning to go back.

1  Thank alicevarren
in 36 reviews
"stage"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Visited during dec 2013. A family of 5 of us spent ~ RMB1500 for the 2 hour show. The transport to the circus is a breeze with the bus provided. The kids like it.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

the circus is very valuable, all the families enjoy the night there. we add 50 RMB each person to book the seats, so we only need to go into the circus 5 minues early and our seats are very near the center. otherwise, people need to enter the circus one hour earlier to find a good seat.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The circus itself cost me 180 yuan. There are outstanding acrobats, shows with animals, motorbike riders in a sphere, and lots of exciting things. I went there twice, and the shows were a little different. I was amazed how people walk with elephants, giraffes, flamingos in a row and nobody runs away. The show I would call it "scissors" was great as well. The circus is the best in Asia. It is definitely worth visiting!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I paid 390 yuan (a package deal) for the admission fee for 2 attractions - Changlong International Circus plus the Chimelong Paradise theme park. They also have 2 other attractions which are the water theme park and the night safari but my fmly and I weren't keen of that. Overall, I'd say the performances were good. 95% of the performers are all foreigners coming mostly from Belarus, Russia, Africa, etc. You can expect to watch acrobatic shows, a few animal performances which I found it quite adorable, and some humour you might find in the clowns. A very colorful and fun-filled enjoyable experience which is definitely ideal for both young and old.

If I'm not wrong, there are 2 showtimes every night. Since the theme park is located just next to the circus, we just had to walk over in the evening at around 6.30pm. There is also a foodcourt restaurant where you can have a quick dinner (can be expensive for simple and ordinary food) before the circus show.

To get there, if you are traveling by metro train, head to Hanxi Changlong (Line 3). As you walk out of the station, there will be local people waiting at the metro station who'll approach you to sell a supposedly cheaper admission ticket to the theme park but I reckon that you should not buy it as there is no way to check the authenticity/validity of the ticket.