“Top International Circus Show”

Chimelong International Circus
Book In Advance
More Info
$132.00*
and up
2-Hour Chimelong International Circus "The Forest Code Show" Including Hotel...
More Info
$148.87*
and up
Evening Tour of Guangzhou Chimelong International Circus
Ranked #3 of 705 things to do in Guangzhou
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This 90-minute show is a mixture of The House of Dancing Water and the typical animal circus. The acts take place on and off stage and over the audience.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This has been the third time we watch Chime Long International Circus. We noticed that there additional covered enclosures for the crowds which formed up quite early. But we were lucky as we got to see the black and white horses being transported to the backyard. These horses would be performing during one of the early acts. They are supposed to march in tandem with each other in various formations. Later on!

Before the show starts, the clown came on stage to make us laugh. And very soon, on the dot, the show began with laser lights and a huge clam-shell with a make-believe queen and her two pets, a lion and a white tiger. As she sits and watches, the horsemen and women rode on their horses, speeding away round the stage. They boldly put up various stunts, including one where they slipped down to left side of the horses belly and pulled up on the right side. Tough one to do, but they did it.

Another accolade-show is the motor-cycle dare-devil's rides. Four motor-cycles in the globe, yes, but six! Such is the intense excitement!

Then the finale, cannon ball flying lady. Tonight it is a lady. The last time was a man. Where did the man go, on leave I suppose, hehehe!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I initially went in with a bit of a cynical attitude, I'm not impressed - at all - with bad zoos, I definitely don't like seeing animals being mistreated but, realistically, we're all animals and we're all mistreated in some way. What is worse, being asked to perform tricks for 30 minutes a day, being asked to work in a soul-destroying job for eight hours or being eaten?

The only time I felt sorry for any of the animals (including humans) in the performance was the bear who was balancing on a tightrope. The poor fella did not look comfortable but the same skill has been shown on Youtube regularly, with a dog replacing the bear. I hope at all other times, apart from that 2 minutes, he has a great life.

I did feel a bit uncomfortable with all of the animals who were doing actions you wouldn't see in wildlife documentaries, although on the other side of the coin I was completely impressed at how they'd been trained, and I didn't notice any mishandling by the committed human animals.

Technically the show was spectacular, sitting right at the front (I got there over an hour early) I could feel the heat from the flame throwers and was fascinated by the set changes and choreography. I could also see the reactions of the performers and their teamwork when working with so many different species; hats off to them, they all put 100% into the performance in front of quite a quiet audience.

In conclusion I'd go again, but sit in a different section so I could see their performance from a different viewpoint.

1  Thank Gobobo
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Amazing experience..breathtaking at times and not to be missed.Would go again tomorrow but am now in Malaysia !!Was great to see the look on the children's faces as they were spellbound by it all...animals fairy princesses and fantastic horse shows.

1  Thank Dianne L
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This show totally exceeded all my expectations. I' a bit ambivalent about animals in circuses so don't go if you don't want to see performing bears, monkeys, elephants & horses but the clowns and gymnasts were brilliant. I could never have imagined seeing flamingos, swans, even zebras, cmaels & a hippopotamus in a circus.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I have watched cirque du Soleil in a number of countries but its the first time I have seen a circus which can match them if not better. The performance was flawless, colorful, comical, thrilling, and there was never a dull moment. But Unlike cirque du Soleil the theme is rather weak. it is just a series of non stop entertaining and thrilling acts performed by highly skilled acrobats. A number of animals appeared briefly and most of them are from the zoo nearby.

The music was lively but the performers were not choreographed. Overall for a fraction of the ticket price of Cirque du Soleil it is real value for money