“Great time”

Ranked #3 of 704 things to do in Guangzhou
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guangzhou Chimelong Safari Park wild animal world belongs to the first batch of the national, Guangzhou's only national 5A scenic spot tourism resort, located in Panyu, Guangzhou. The park with large populations of wild animal breeding and self driving ornamental features, known as the most China international standard of national wild animal zoo, is the world's population, up to the wild animal theme park. 6 highlights waiting for you to explore: long long wild animal world 4 highlights, the paradise of rare animals, self driving tours of animals, animals, animals to grab the eye, animal science base, leading the industry trend.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent the afternoon at the zoo when we were in GZ for our son's adoption. It is very nice and much leaner than you would expect in china. The animals seem to be well taken care of. There are things hat you can do here that you would never have the chance to doin a western soon. My wife and I felt hat the 50 rmb to pet he koala was worth it. I got to throw some raw meat to a white tiger which was pretty cool. Overall, a great place to spend a day if you are in GZ.

1 Thank Nick L

• Vietnamese first
Manila
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fun day out with the Family”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I heard about the zoo from a friend who had went to Guangzhou. I then search it here on TripAdvisor. My adult kids ages 22-14 all enjoyed it. They especially enjoyed Jurassic Park although it was manmade (dinosaurs etc.) it felt real as you go inside with matching lights and sound effects. This zoo is mixed with real animals and manmade. They made it so natural that you wouldn't mind if some of the animals aren't. But don't be disheartened, most animals are real and they have tigers of so many different kinds. Bears, birds, koala, kangaroo..Old and young alike will enjoy coming here. They made the environment friendly you won't even know you had already been walking 3 to 4 hours. My son had a shootout with a bear you can watch it on youtube Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhFWTszsf_A

Visited December 2012
2 Thank thetravelinghousewif
Silverdale, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A must do in Guangzhou”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We have spent two weeks here in Guangzhou, and finally made it to the Animal Safari. I wish we had found it sooner. It was well worth the money. It was clean and not very busy. Of course we are here at the end of January on a Wednesday, so maybe that's the reason for the lack of crowds. I have been to zoos all over the world and have to say this is one of the better ones. I wish that we had had more time to spend there.

1 Thank Jim U
casa
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Wonderful day out of the city”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I visited the zoo with a couple of friends for a day trip out of Guangzhou, I was a little apprehensive and didn't know what to expect, but I have to say, I was overall surprised and had a terrific experience! The zoo is about 30-40 minutes by metro outside of Guangzhou in the Panyu district. Along with the zoo there is a waterpark and amusement park, which we did not go to as it was winter and we did not have interest in the amusement park. There is also a circus and a hotel. There is a free shuttle from the subway stop (exit E) which will bring you right to the entrance of the zoo.

Overall all the animals had enough room to move around and all looked very happy and well taken care of, the only animal I did not think was happy was a poor Shetland Pony. Many of the animals would perform tricks for food rewards. It was very nice to have more of an up close and personal experience with the animals, as many you could buy food to feed them with. Just walking around the zoo you will often find animals out and around with a caretaker performing a dragon dance or dangling from ropes. I do not know if these were on a schedule but I happened to run into some of them and they were quite the sight to see and highly enjoyable.

There are also a lot of shows involving the various animals. You are provided a map which tells where various animals and shows are, but the map does not give the times of the shows, and the signs with show times were intermittent.

I very much enjoyed the safari on wheels, it was nice to see the animals outside of a caged in area and in more of a natural habitat.

The zoo has many white tiger, koalas and pandas. More than you would see in a US zoo. Be forewarned though that all of the exhibits tend to end with a gift shop at the end, so if you are bringing children you will want to be prepared with a strategy of how to get through the gift shops without buying something in every single one.

Depending on your interest level in the zoo and desire to see the various shows, you could probably easily spend 2 days wandering around the zoo if you were to try to see every show and see the rest that the zoo has to offer, I do not think it is possible in one day to see a few shows and the rest of the zoo. I did not see any shows, but from what I heard it seems like the running commentary was all in Chinese.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank inasianow
Sydney, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Brilliant zoo!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had the best afternoon at this brilliant zoo! Don't miss it! It was like being in Africa on safari! The show were amazing but a different focus on the presentation of animals to Australia. Overall a must for any traveller.

Visited January 2013