“worst hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,609 of 3,386 Hotels in Guangzhou
Penang Island, Malaysia
“worst hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

In September, we booked a twin bed room through the hotel's reservation center. We gave our credit card number to guarantee for a room.
In October, when we arrived the hotel, we were told that there was no twin bed room for us. They said there was only one single bed room left and if we did not accept the single bed room, we have to stay at other hotel which was very far away from the trade fair. They even called another hotel car to wait and pick us up at the hotel lobby without our agreement. As we only have very limited time in Guangzhou, we were forced to accept the single bed room.
The room given was dirty. One side of the bathroom's wall is replaced with see through glass with no curtains or shutter or blinds. The toilet cannot be flushed. The windows were dusty.
After this bad experience, we will never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank traveltravel007

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

No one speaks English. Rooms filthy. Breakfast/restautrant bad. They offer full massage service with choices....The only plus....close to metro and the fair ground. Advertised as four star but in reality it is a two star fit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Guangzhou hotels

Bangkok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

The worst My colleague and I booked this hotel via VENERE.COM (used this website for the first time and got CHEATED!) for 1 night during April 23-24, 2010 with the price stated on VENERE.COM of CNY 280 nett. I thought this price was OK to us as we only stayed for few hours (as we checked in at around 01.20am and would checked out in early morning). The confirmation from VENERE.COM is also at CNY 280 nett per night.

Badly, when we checked out, the hotel asked us to pay CNY 850 for the room, instead of CNY 280 confirmed by VENERE.COM. I also showed the confirmation letter from the website but got refused by the hotel staff. After a long discussion and it seemed to go nowhere but we need to go to the airport, we decided to pay first at CNY 850 and would contact VENERE.COM later just not to miss our flight to other city.

After we got back to Thailand, I sent several emails to VENERE.COM that they have to pay us back the difference of CNY 570. 3-4 past after my several emails with the attachments of all the documents that I have to proof to them that I actually paid CNY 850 not CNY 280 as indicated by their confirmation, no any single reply from VENERE.COM. at all. I decided to call them and they asked me to resend my email again. This is ridiculous but I sent to them again !!!. One week later, I got their reply that they have already sent the complaint to the hotel. SO WHAT??? I replied back to them that I don't need their complaint, I just need my money back.

Can't imagine. After I sent that email to VENERE.COM 2 weeks until now (May 19), no any single reply from them at all again. Nobody seems to care. I got CHEATED!!!

I still want my money back and I would everyone who read my review know that VENERE.COM is a CHEATING hotel booking website.

For the hotel condition, the room was so small and not clean at all. The floor capet was like wet that we couldn't take shoes off to walk on it. The location is okay. Far from city center and shopping, close to trade fair.

WE WILL NEVER STAY AT PEACH BLOSSOM RIVER HOETL GUANGZHOU AGAIN. AND VENERE.COM IS THE WORST WEBSITE. THIS IS THE FIRST AND THE LAST TIME I WILL USE IT.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank GuangzhouChina
Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

It was our first time in China and my utmost concern is always cleanliness and proximity to the subway station...if the guest is contented with clean rooms, friendly staff, (some of them can speak English), simple breakfast, safe place (just before entering the hotel, there is a police station so going back to the hotel late at night is not a problem), a reloading station for your cellphone beside the lobby, convenient to restaurants where the locals eat (so it was an adventure trying to order without English words on the menu), Chinese drug store and convenient store nearby, shuttle bus to and from the fair available, and most importantly, around 3 minute walk to the metrotrain, then overall, this hotel is recommended....
Though we were not expecting a grand hotel accommodation, we would be coming back to this hotel especially during the next Canton fair.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business