WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Grand Hyatt Guangzhou

Grand Hyatt Guangzhou
Ranked #11 of 3,315 Hotels in Guangzhou
Fuchu, Japan
“A luxury hotel in a new area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights while in Guangzhou for business.

<Location>
It takes about 40-45 mins by car from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport to the hotel if traffic is not terrible. This hotel is located in a new area of Guangzhou near the Pearl River and Canton Tower. There is a nice park and a shopping mall near the hotel. When the weather is nice, you can walk along the park to the Pearl River. There are some unique buildings along the park walk, like the Guangzhou Library and the Opera House. As this is a new area, the streets and buildings are new and clean, and there are many construction sites around the hotel.

<Room>
I stayed in a Grand King room. The room is large with a glass wall giving a view of shower room. The shower room has a over head shower and a bath tub. You can even watch TV through the glass wall while in shower. The bed was comfortable for good sleep and bed sheets was clean. It seems like they have changed bed sheets every day, which made me feel luxurious.
However the down side of the room was that the wall fabric was partially scruffy and the dirty carpet, otherwise the room was clean and comfortable.

<Service>
The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. One night I went out for dinner and came back to the hotel, and I found myself losing the room card (The room card was found in my room afterwards) but they issued new one immediately without charging me anything when I asked one of the hotel staff.

<Breakfast>
The restaurant where you have breakfast is huge and is in a building next to the main hotel building (there is an access bridge from the hotel lobby on the 22nd floor). The breakfast is buffet style with lots of selection, Chinese, Western and Japanese. They have good selection of breads and pastries which are delicious. My room rate included breakfasts, but when I look at the bill, the price of breakfast was about 230RMB! which I think too expensive. (The room rate was about 1,000RMB per night including tax.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ghgz, Manager at Grand Hyatt Guangzhou, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments following your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Guangzhou. We have noted your comments on the food price. Rest assured, I have already informed our management team to look into these comments and take immediate action to improve our facilities and service moving forward. We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your valuable suggestions and constructive feedback. It is indeed of vital importance to us to maintain all facilities in good working condition in order to meet our customers' expectation and every effort will be made to upkeep our standard of service and hospitality at all times. We truly appreciate your kind patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Guangzhou in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staffs has been very friendly, helpful and courteous. We only stayed one night, but was very impressed with the level of their service.
The buffet is extensive. All the staffs speak English.
The amenities and facilities in the room makes you feel pampered.
I would definitely choose this hotel again without hesitation if we go to Guangzhou again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Guangzhou as your home away from home during your visit to the city. We are delighted to learn that your stay with us was overall enjoyable. We truly appreciate your kind patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Guangzhou in the near future.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My second visit to this hotel, and one of my favorites. The rooms are huge, and so well appointed. It has all the bells and whistles! I travel to Asia a lot, this hotel has the best breakfast buffet i have every come across. Had a massage at the hotels spa which is not cheap, but was just what i needed after a long flight. The spa is great!! Staff are really good. This one of my favorite hotels that i have stayed in. Only place to stay in Guangzhou!

Room Tip: Breakfast is a highlight.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed recently for two nights. New hotel (three yrs old). Beautifully appointed. Excellent club facilities. Views around hotel were nice. One of the nicest hotels I have stayed throughout Asia. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank The Fraser Family from Halifax, NS
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

If your looking for an Asian Hotel experience, you need to avoid this property. Rooms are well appointed, all electronic bells & whistles, however rooms are small like a stateroom on a good cruise ship. I expect this small space in Tokyo, however in this area?
Food is overpriced, not very good even under western standards. Its stuffy like a Ritz, and priced like the Ritz, however lacks any charm.

Room Tip: I stayed on the club floor designated room which was terrible.Since this is their best and I am a Di...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DRuben1330
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments following your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Guangzhou. We have noted your comments on the room design and food price. Rest assured, I have already informed our management team to look into these comments and take immediate action to improve our facilities and service moving forward. We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your valuable suggestions and constructive feedback. It is indeed of vital importance to us to maintain all facilities in good working condition in order to meet our customers' expectation and every effort will be made to upkeep our standard of service and hospitality at all times. We truly appreciate your kind patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Guangzhou in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

An excellent hotel, up to its 5 star standard, but not the top best. Very convenient location for business district, shopping and strolls. About 10 minutes taxi ride from train station to Hong Kong. The dinner buffet is spectacular and highly recommended if you want varied food while in Guangzhou. The rooms are spacious, although the bath room lay-out is confusing. Rooms with a view on the Canton Tower are the best deal. Also confusing is the two-leg elevator use whereby you always have to do a transit on the reception floor on one of the higher floors. Staff is excellent. With some rethinking and redesigning this hotel could improve a bit more. Still, highly recommended as one if the top 10 hotels in Guanzhou.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and hired a car from the airport to the hotel. A Chrysler came to pick us up. I realised the hotel was very new and the driver didn't seem to be too familiar with the location. Actually quite a few of the taxi drivers I encountered were not very sure either.

Upon reaching the hotel, the lobby was on the 22nd floor. Check-in was fast. The room design was unique and I was intrigued by the layout of the bathroom which had an island sink. There was a glass window separating the bathroom from the room which means you can watch the television while taking a shower. I tried the buffet at G restaurant for dinner and it was nice. Breakfast selection was wide too. I also had the chance to try the spa twice during my stay there, once for the foot massage and once for a four hour spa package which included a hydrobath in a very nice bathtub, body scrub, wrap followed by an aromatherapy massage, Prices are quite reasonable. Lunch was provided after my spa package. The hotel gave me a 100RMB voucher off the spa and although I did not produce the voucher during my foot massage there, they allowed me to use it during my four hour spa treatment even though it was technically not allowed.

The hotel is situated close to the Guangdong Museum which is free for foreigners if you produce an ID. The library building was very nicely designed from the exterior. Took a walk in the park on the way to the Museum and I was amazed to see that it was very clean and nothing like what I had expected. The Canton Tower had an observation deck that was 108 floors and the view was spectacular. From the hotel, it is not possible to walk there and a taxi is needed as it is across the river. I managed to tour the Xiangjiang Safari Park and watch the Chimelong Circus which I would recommend as it is world-class.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at the Hyatt Guangzhou.

Room Tip: The highest level is the spa which is on the 23rd and 24th floors. All the rooms are below the 22nd...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends