“very comfort ”
Review of Ascott Guangzhou

Ascott Guangzhou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
Reviewed August 20, 2009

An excellent hotel. Was originally booked into the Shangri La, but had to change hotels at the last moment due to booking mixup. As this was my first trip to China, I was very keen to be booked into an established hotel as I was unsure of what was in store for me.

I'm glad I picked The Ascott. When I arrived at the reception, my internet reservation was not reflected in the hotel's booking system, but the staff at the reception still accommodated me in, and upgraded me onto a suite when they learned of the hardships I had faced in the past day or so. The reservation issue was subsequently sorted out on the 4th day, but not once did the staff bother me with the prevailing issues.

The hotel staff spoke excellent English. They were very well presented and were very resourceful. Booking onward journey air and rail tickets was easy with them (no extra charges were levied). The took care to arrange taxis for my local travel as well - so that I did not have any problems.

What more, they gave me a free upgrade when I returned back to the hotel a week later and remembered me by name. On the last leg, I unfortunately left my phone in the cab. When this was brought to the notice of the hotel's manager, she called my phone (international number), spoke to the person who had my phone in mandarin, and arranged to personally visit, collect and return my phone within a matter of minutes. This was truly a service beyond expectation. I was never expecting that I would get my phone back ever but to my surprise - I did get it back with their help.

Excellent in all respects, I would not stay at any other hotel when I visit Guangzhou next and I'm going back pretty soon. Would recommend it to any traveler visiting Canton Fair to book with them in advance. Its a hidden gem.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank AnandChawra
Travelers also viewed these Guangzhou hotels
Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
#18 of 3,430 in Guangzhou
Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe
Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe
#19 of 3,430 in Guangzhou

Been to Ascott Guangzhou? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ascott Guangzhou

Property: Ascott Guangzhou
Address: No.73 Tianhe East Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510630, China
Location: China > Guangdong > Guangzhou
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 314 Specialty Lodging in Guangzhou
Hotel Class:4 star — Ascott Guangzhou 4*
Bask in the grandeur of Ascott Guangzhou, a fully serviced luxury residence that offers elegant style with discretion for the busy utive on the move. Situated in the bustling financial centre of Tianhe District, its prime location in Guangzhous commercial hub means that major corporations, banks and consulates are all just a stones throw away. Enjoy easy access to shops, tourist attractions, public transport and exotic restaurants that make Guangzhou such a celebrated gourmet paradise. The newly opened Pazhou Exhibition Centre is also just minutes away, where the famous Canton Fair is held. At Ascott Guangzhou, revel in plush surrounds with posh furnishings and an exclusive environment for luxurious living. Whether for work or leisure, it is a chic spot to call home. Each apartment comes with an opulent living space and every creature comfort you will need – from a fully-equipped kitchen to a sleek home entertainment system and high speed broadband internet access. After a long day, soak in the pool, work out at the gym or rejuvenate with a spa treatment – you will be spoilt for choice. With our efficient business support services, working remotely has never been more convenient. Conduct a meeting in one of our function rooms or enjoy a networking cocktail in the lounge. During your stay, experience Ascott’s signature Heartware service – discreet and always striving to exceed your expectations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ascott Guangzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ascott Guangzhou Hotel Guangzhou