“PATTRA SHOULD I OR NOT?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pattra Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Guangzhou
Pattra Resort
Ranked #249 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
guangzhou
“PATTRA SHOULD I OR NOT?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

depends on your motive? if you care only for hot springs then i rate it excellent but if you want a vacation of action then i rate it fair to good. the place is beautiful, the rooms are excellent. the hot springs is really nice but it lacks some important details. Out of a 100 score i give it a solid 85. but dont stay more then 2 days as on your third day you will be asking ........... is there anything else i can do in this hotel? so here goes. 1 day I rate it 100 2 days I rate it 70 and 3 ............... 20.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank fabexpress

Solo
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

I went to Pattra Resort for this Christmas holidays with my family for 2 nights. The hotel situated within the forest, builds on the middle height of the hill. So that you can have a breath of fresh air in the morning. As it is far from the city, it takes about 2 hrs. from Guangzhou to the hotel. I arrived at 2pm but the room had not ready until 3:30pm. The main hotel blocks including 3 blocks, my room was at the 2nd block, higher block higher rate. Hotel also provides villas, it is bigger and higher, but you need to climb up the stairs.

For the food, there is two major restaurants, western food (for all day) and chinese food (open in the morning, close at 2:30pm and re-open at 5:30pm). If you want to go out for food, you have to hire a taxi, not easy way to go out !! The main hotel block is about 200m from the hot spring centre, guests must go out and walk to there, this is the thing I don't like as the bath gown they provided is very thin, just like wearing a long shirt !

Hotel provides free inernet connection, but not stable.

The famous water fall called Baishui water fall is nearby, however, no shuttle bus provided by the hotel, you need to hire a taxi to get there, I don't know why the hotel wouldn't provide this service for the guests.

I think I won't stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Christine W
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Pattra Resort is situated about one and a half hours drive from Guangzhou. It is well situated in a nice green hilly area.
The hotel has nice infrastructure and is well kept. We had a Suite Room, which are situated quite far from the Reception and the Hot Spring but have a beautiful view over the valley.
The room was big with a nice sitting room and bedroom. The bathroom was huge with a double bathtub and big shower. The only problem we had in the hotel room was the mattress. It was so hard. I have lived in Asia for many years but this mattress beat everything!
For breakfast there were a lot of chinese dishes to choose from.
The Chinese Restaurant on the other hand was quite ok.
The Hot Spring was very beautiful, there are many small pools distributed in a very well kept garden. Every pool has a diffrent "flavour" like for example: Ginger, Ginseng, Milk etc.
There is a big swimming pool too. The changing rooms were not clean and we tried to avoid them a much as possible.
There is a Spa. The Aromatherapy massage was quite nice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

worth a day trip and if hot springs are your prime interests then there is no need to stay overnight the foods are notnotnotnotnotnot very attractive.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank hkgus
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

This hotel is the best local hotel I have ever stayed in China, it is even better than many 5 star international well known hotels. ( I am not a frequent traveller, but I have stayed in / have been to almost all the 5 star hotels in some places including China, such as Sheraton, Westin, Ritz Carlton, Grant Hyatt, Shangri-la....)

Location: The hotel is located in a mountain with green trees over the whole year. It is around one and half hour drive from central Guangzhou. The hotel is now about 0.3 square meters, with 3 buildings of rooms (the official website says that it has 300 rooms) and 10 resort houses. I was quite impressive because of this size of this hotel. The air is really fresh. The 2 days we were there were raining and cloudy, but I still think the view was lovely.

Activities: You can do hiking in"BaiShuiZai", which is the tallest waterfall in China (428.5 meters higher, but it is man-made),it is very close to the hotel. You might also want to visit He Xiangu Area, Dragon Tree, ZhengGuo Temple (Buddhist). I have been to the BaiShuiZai, as it is too tall, I was unable to reach the top within half day, we returned from the 2999 steps, but it was tired enough for me.

Facilities: There is natural hot spring water and tennis court in the hotel. There is also SPA using Jurlique products. There are 10 Balinese-style cottages where you can enjoy your massage there facing the green mountain view. The mountain view SPA is quite popular, after the karaoke around 10pm, we have been told that they have been fully booked, and because we have to leave the next morning, so that I did not have the chance to try the SPA. We have done a simple food massage indoor, and it was OK.

Rooms: We stayed in a Deluxe Room for one night, the room is quite big, it is 45 square meters (confirmed on its official website) with huge bathroom, flat screen TV, branch new furniture, comfortable bed, nice mountain view…. And I have been to our friends’ luxury suite, it is even bigger, cannot describe how big it is, it is big any way.

Service: the service is good enough compare with those international 5 star hotels, well, at least those ones I have been, especially the ones in China.

The Official website is as below:

you can find the pictures from it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nali1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guangzhou
Sheraton Grand Guangzhou Huadu Resort
Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou
Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou
#2 of 3,394 in Guangzhou
Dusit Devarana Hot Springs & Spa Conghua
Dusit Devarana Hot Springs & Spa...
#717 of 3,394 in Guangzhou

Been to Pattra Resort? Share your experiences!