“Nice food no atmosphere, no alcohol”

Sultan Restaurant Guangzhou
Ranked #3 of 7,249 Restaurants in Guangzhou
Cuisines: Barbecue, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were greeted by a very unfriendly lady who could not/would not speak any English. She finally decided we were worthy of a table.

We were seated on the 3rd floor. The decor is very over the top and there were no windows in the area that we sat.

The breads and Humus were amazing! We then ordered a platter for 4 which was more than enough. The food was very tasty.

Please note that no alcohol is served at this restaurant.

The people sitting next to us were smoking which is normal for China but is not pleasant while you are eating.

The bill came to RMB650 for 4 people. This is a good price for such a popular restaurant.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I visit Sultan restaurant on every trip to China. I must say I think this is one of the busiest restaurants in Guangzhou. Before they added the new floor, the queues would build up for upto two hours in the evenings. They are busy throughout the day but the long wait is in the evenings. Anyway a lot of the long wait is now alleviated with the new seating space. The menu is quite extensive. From your starters, chilli and hummus! Bread varieties, pide etc, your main meat, chicken and fish dishes and upto desert...they have a few speciality Turkish dishes as well. All good! There is no liquor but patrons smoking is a problem. The food is priced more or less than the average indian / western restaurant. It's not a 5 star posh restaurant, it's really well fitted out especially after the renovation. The food is good, service is good, not badly priced and the food is Halaal which is a big + traveling in China.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife ate with some of her friends here and said that we had to return. I'm sure glad she took me here to try the food. I've eaten at Bospherous Premium and Sultan blows them out of the water in service, quality, and taste. We ordered the hummus, the tubule, some pitas, and a mixed kabob plate. All of it excellent, and we will definitely return many more times in the future.

1  Thank JackandResh
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Great and fresh every time 6 Stars. Best Turkish Food on the Planet. Trust me I am a world traveller. My wife and I love this place. Glad they added 2nd floor. They need to add non smoking section to make a complete enjoyable evening.
Keep up the good work.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Sultan is a very good and very tradicional restaurant in Guangzhou.
Food is perfect, I love the Tabule they serve there.
The only problem in my opinion is that no one respect the no smoking rules inside.
On my last visited, I ask the staff about the no smoking area but I was informed that there is not a no smoking area...
Since the windows dont open, sometimes is hard to apreciate the delicious food.
My suggestion to the owners is to use one of the floors for smoking and another for no smoking.

besides this problem, the restaurant is perfect.