“Excellent Business hotel”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Yanbu
UAE
“Excellent Business hotel”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here over for a business trip. The buffet for breakfast and dinner were quite good considering my preference was Vegetarian cusine. The hospitality was perfect and staff was very warm and helpful. Free internet in terms of Wi-Fi is a big plus for the hotel, though you wish that the speed was better. The rooms were nice and clean. The laundry service was good as well. Though i found the location to be quite far from the industrial city, i still consider it an ideal place for business travellers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Vietnam
Reviewed November 2, 2012

You can see on a map that this hotel is directly on a beach. However, it is separated by a large fence with barb wire. If you want to enjoy all of water sports that Yanbu offers, then you need to go about 20 - 30 minutes away either south to the Marina or north to the swimming beaches.

The hotel has a swimming pool, but ladies only until 3pm and men only after. There is a very nice exercise room, but it is men only at all times. The hotel was a 3 star hotel and the rooms were comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was average, but not bad. There is a car rental in the hotel and if you want to do anything in Yanbu, then rent a car and drive around. There is nothing at all near the hotel.

Room Tip: There is a side that faces the sea. They gave us a room there, but it had a terrible smell (like a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cmsflorence
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here over a weekend for a dive trip. The buffet for breakfast and dinner did the job, nothing out of the ordinary, but good selection and diversity in choice.

I played tennis at night, the lighting was dismal, and the courts made from poured concrete, so good luck if you have not-so-good knees.

The rooms were clean, the bed was to soft for my liking, but that's personal preference. There is a heavy smoky lingering smell, so even if you're a non-smoker too bad.

Room Tip: The muezzin of the mosque is on the southeastern side of property, so unless you are up to pray that...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rbingrbong
Saar, Bahrain
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great place to stay. Food excellent, esp the AYCE buffet, but tad expensive - there are some great local places in Yanbu for tons less money - Imperial Palace - unassuming, some might say grubby- but the food is brilliant.

Room Tip: Stayed on Floor 2 - seemed OK. WiFi seems oK.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a great experience there, the location is perfect close to the sea, very relaxing, very friendly staff, nice pool, the service it self is very good and I will stay there every time I visit Yanbu when I am with the family or even when I am in business trip.

• Stayed August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Big spacious room for family of 4 with 2 young kids.The deluxe room is clean and service staff is helpful & friendly.AC is cold in the hot summer month. Hotel is near to Yanbu al bahar old town & short drive to Royal Commission town.A great stay.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank m a
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part an organized weekend scuba diving trip to Yanbu. The hotel was gracious enough to pick up our group from the airport and transport us to/from the marina where our dive charter departed from each day. In addition, they organized a boxed lunch for our dive on Thursday and let us use hotel towels (as long as we promised to bring them back) while on the boat. The breakfast buffet had a nice variety. The dinner buffet was suprisingly good. On Thursday night they had a fresh seafood buffet where you were able to chose your own items and have them cooked anyway you want it. Although the language barrier was a bit of a problem at times (I don't speak any Arabic), they really did their best to look after us! The lunch buffet on Friday was very nicely done! There was a bit of confusion as to what was and wasn't included in our package, but a quick discussion with the food service manager clarified that our rates as part of the dive package were inclusive of the lunch buffet. We left a bit late on Friday on our return to the airport and they graciously allowed us to check out late. The rooms were comfortable and the shower was great!

After I returned back home, I realized that I left the charger for my camera plugged into the electrical outlet. I contacted the hotel and they arranged for the charger to be couriered to me (at my expense of course). It arrived approximately one week later. I was really impressed! Special kudos go to Mr. Jhun C. Dela Cruz - Asst. Front Office & Service Manager for making these arrangements.

I realize that this is only a 3-star hotel, but the attention to detail and the service was outstanding. Maybe it had to do with the fact that we were part of a regular dive group, but when you consider the normal level of customer service in Saudi Arabia, this was indeed a pleasant surprise! I will gladly return and stay at this hotel on my next dive trip to Yanbu!

Room Tip: check and see where renovations are taking place so that you are aware.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends