“Sea view at the hotel”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Yanbu
Yanbu Industrial City, Al Madinah, Saudi Arabia
“Sea view at the hotel”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Now, I am living in the villa next to hotel.

Everyday I'm going to gym to exercise. Gym's quality is best in Yanbu.

And sometimes I eat dinner in the restaurant. As a foreigner, Arabic style food doesn't be satisfactory to me. So, I recommend T-bone steak.

Hotel staffs are kind. But they usually reach to my room very late when I call the robby to request something.

The best thing in this hotel is watching sea view from the beach with talking friends.

Room Tip: Try to see sea view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mohammed a, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Resort Yanbu, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Mr cyKoh

thank you for your valuable comments ,and we thank you for staying with us all this long period

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed May 16, 2013

It's the best hotel in Yanbu, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It has a pool right next to a beach and a gym. I've been living in a villa past 2 months. I wish they had a tennis court and a spa. Service is slow, but over all, it ain't bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mohammed a, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Resort Yanbu, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest
Thank you for your comments , we will take this point in considerations to improve our services
to fulfill all our guest requirements

thank you and hope to see you gain in our hotel

Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went there with my husband on a getaway for a couple of days.... Stayed in the normal room it was nice and cosy but it was a hassle going up and down the elevator,so on the same day forced my husband down for an upgrade( i wanted the shaleh)...But all we got was the apartment suite, and boy was it worth it... waking up early to the sun rise. I will most definitely go there again!! The food was good, the views were excellent. 5 Star in Yanbu!!

Room Tip: Always opt for the apartments!!! So worth the extra money.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MahaSM
Mohammed a, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Resort Yanbu, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Ms Maha
thank you for your valuable comments , and it was our pleasure to Host you at our Hotel ,
looking forward to see you again in our hotel

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My experience with this hotel got onto a bad start, the simple request of a pickup from Yanbu airport was the cause of much frustration. the hotel refused to book for me, and put me on to Hanco, a car company that ignored my emails for 3 days. then answered in a rude way. The hotel's response to the rude and incompetent service of Hanco, was to advise me to contact them again! in the end i was told that there would be no car for me. i arranged for alternative means to get from the airport. when i arrived a car was waiting! they had just ignored my emails and phonecalls.
on the way back, there is apparently no way to get transport at short notice and they need 24 hours notice to get you a taxi from the hotel back to the airport!!!! absolutely shocking, hotel is only 25 minutes drive from the airport. This is not 5 star service, but then nothing about this hotel's service is 5 star.
Some of the reception staff were polite and friendly, but some were incompetent and rude or surly. it is always highly annoying when you are waiting patiently in line and a group of Saudi locals in robes are permitted to push straight in front of you and then monopolise the attention of every single member of the reception staff.

the food was ok, but not great.

the hotel building itself and the rooms and the surroundings are very pleasant. it is just let down by little touches of incompetence. for example, there is a gym, but not clear signposts to it. you have to search around. Also the machines in the gym were not well cleaned, the handles on the some of them were very sticky (on every occasion i used the gym, so not a one off). one of the elevators is a service elevator that only goes to the kitchens. nowhere on the elevator is this indicated, so everyone gets a trip to the kitchens at least once during their stay until they work out to ignore this elevator.

a five star hotel should have its own limousine service for airport pickup or at the least an airport minibus. a five star hotel should treat customers with respect and politeness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FraserCool
Mohammed a, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Resort Yanbu, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest

it was our pleasure to host you in our Hotel , and we do appreciate your comments ,that open our eyes to focus on some area's that will reflect in higher standard of service

your comments will be taken in consideration ,and we are very sorry for the inconvenience happen with rent a car company ,

wish to see you again

Travelers are raving about these Yanbu hotels

Jeddah
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night in this hotel. Actually I arrived April 16 @ 9 am and they counted this as a night an I checked out on April 17 next day, but they charged me for 2 nights !! May be its their policy, but I thought they would consider our long trip and time to reach them and charge us for one night. Anyways, one of the reception guys was not trained properly and when one of them told me the extra charge I have to make for my wife the other was arguing with him in front of me that this is not the charge !! Also they were not welcoming and friendly at all. Even when I arrived with my car to the front door I horned a lot of time, but the bellman for the luggage didn't show up and I had to bring it my self inside! Also my wife made a room service order (a cheese sandwich) and asked with no tomato, but they still put tomato !!! Overall was not enjoyable though the location and the view is great, but I don't think I'm going to stay again in this hotel or even recommend it to anyone I know or in our company. They still have a long way to understand what is customer satisfaction an be more Friendly.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Mr tmiliany

First of all we thank you for your stay with us , and your comments will be taken in consideration to improve the service for highest level ,and to meet your expectation in near future
sorry for the inconvenience might happen

wish to see you again in our hotel
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the stay here for a night, fantastic location, next to the water, chose the apartments located beside the main hotel building. Internet is a bit of issue, however if you want to enjoy peaceful time hearing the waves from your balcony or bed, this is ideal. Just make sure to visit in winter or when the weather is not so hot , to avoid humidity.

• Stayed March 2013
Mohammed a, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Resort Yanbu, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest

thank you for your comments ,and it was our pleasure to host you in our Hotel

Jeddah
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My weekend here surely gave me an out of Saudi feel!! My room had the sea view. The food and staff were good etc... It has an attractive pool setting and guests have a choice of swimming in the pool or dipping in the sea. The fish restaurant was a blast, a bit pricey but a change. For sure the best hotel in Yanbu. Will visit again for sure!!

Room Tip: The corner apartment was worth the 3000 SR pay upgrade
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family