“Don't do it”

InterContinental Taif
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Taif
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

If your a westerner prepare to be ignored, put to the back of the line, and get the worst rooms! Shocking!Was here for business, no sleep due to loud 'functions' my bed was vibrating because it was so loud! Decoration of the hotel was from the 70's. Even Had to sleep with ear plugs! Be warned.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Taif, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Jay2710,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Taif. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the most comfortable hotel I stayed in , the only
Negative thing is the location it is little far for the center
Reception was very cheerful and smiling and welcoming the room was so comfortable although there is renovation for the entrance of
The hotel but no noise is
There room is very clean big and nice bathroom , I didn't have the chance to try the swimming pool food is
Fantastic with the best breakfast cost is very good

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Back again and given that here are only 3 more reviews since my review of May, you do know that this hotel is not on the major tourist map. See my review for the room dinning description. The renovations are still ongoing and intact there is lot more construction and bedlam. The staff who welcomed me last time were not present. Despite my Gold Ambassador status this time no upgrade, no fruit, no acknowledgment. So I guess the level of training of the reception staff is too variable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
OsmanMoh, Manager at InterContinental Taif, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

We are appreciative to your valued feedback and be sure that we are always here for your service and satisfaction.
Apology for any slippery and we reassure you that your comfort and experience is our objective.

Thanks again and hope to welcome you back in your hotel.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at his hotel for about 4 days and I must say I had an excellent time in Taif. Rooms are spacious, excellent amenities. Sleep was good. Their breakfast menu was same almost every day. But overall, It was an excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in September 2013,The wheather in al taif was very good ,u will not feel the hot wheather of Saudi-Arabia,the hotel is very old,and sure it needs new renovation,the room was very clean and the service was very good.But the beds were ver small even for normal people.The decoration was very old but I enjoyed my stay too much.
The wheather in summer is the best.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
OsmanMoh, Director of Sales at InterContinental Taif, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Amet R,

On behalf of Taif Intercontinental team I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation for choosing Taif Intercontinental Hotel for your sty and thanks for taking time to complement us with your valued feed back which is really valuable and considered.

Looking forward to welcome you in Taif Intercontinental Hotel

for
Mustafa Afifi
Director Of Sales
Taif Intercontinental Hotel KSA

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel is over 20 years old is only two story's high but very large with large corridors and VERY friendly staff.

The rooms are luxurious and well maintained, the lobby is undergoing renovation. The bathrooms are amazing with a great selection of toiletries and very clean bed sheets and towels.

I will certainly come here again for business or with my family.

Room Tip: There are no amazing views at any angle, and this is the second time I stay here at different rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
OsmanMoh, Manager at InterContinental Taif, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Dr. KamiliaKK

Intercontinental Taif is always proud to service you. Thanks a lot for your appreciation & comments, which is shared with our valued team as a motivator and ignition to keep it up.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

To be fair we only used the public areas and the restaurant.

The hotel looks like it hasn't been touched since the 1970s- we stopped off for lunch, encouraded by the excellence of the Jeddah hotel.

It was fairly late and they had obviously decided not to replenish the buffet, so rather than pick at scraps we ordered a la carte. We were a party of 6, and it rapidly became clear that the hotel's only concern was to establish the billing arrangements. we were asked 4 times whether the bill was a single one or if we were paying separately, before anyone took any sort of order. The food was very variable ( New recipe for gazpacho. 1 Open cold tin of tomato soup. 2. Pour into bowl. 3. Serve.) Apart from the joy on our colleague's face (he is an executive at Hilton) a grim experience.

Poor value, poor service. Jaded decor We would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Taif, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear garygillathens,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. It is truly unfortunate that you were not satisfied with the level of service received on this visit. I have your feedback documented and this will be forwarded to management to consider for improvements needed on site. We take the confidence our guests place in us to rectify unsatisfactory circumstances.

Again, thanks for your review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G