“The worst hotel”

Ranked #42 of 141 Hotels in Medina
Irbid, Jordan
“The worst hotel”
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I booked my 3 days in Ramada Madinah Al Hamra through hotels.com as a single traveler by 300 SAR/night with breakfast. The manager and the workers are not only rude, but not profecinals. From the first minute, although I have my confirmation printed, they insisted to charge me for more money as a double room with breakfast (for 2). When I wanted to stick to the internet offer by hotels.com, they offered to cancel my free breakfast to keep the price as I wanted. I was the only traveler in the hotel who didn't have Sohour according to this agreement. In checking out at 4 am, I was forced to pay the extra money ... They didn't keep their words regarding money; didn't allow me to eat free Sohour, made me arrive Madinah airport late and really ruined the great spiritual experience I had for the few days. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO Ramada Madinah Al Hamra.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank finearts

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I hadn't booked in advance and decided to reach Madina and check out different hotels. The first one I got to was Ramada and the place just looked perfect with very friendly staff and a superb attrium. Decided to stay there one night and keep extending based on my experience. I ended up staying there for the entire trip. Paid 80$ per night and this included breakfast for two with a basement parking slot as well. They only had single beds and were courtious enough to immediately have the single beds alligned side by side so my 1 year old daughter could sleep between her parents. It was hardly a 3 minutes walk to Masjid-i- Nabwi entrance. Great experience overall.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family