“Not a 5 star or even a full 4 star”

Crowne Plaza Madinah
Ranked #9 of 147 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at the hotel from 24/4/2014 to 29/4/2014 with my family. We booked a triple room with city view. What we actually received was a single or very small double room with the third bed squeezed in. This meant that there was no room to move about. The room had no view at all; looked out to a space in between 4 outer walls.
We had requested a non smoking room, yet we were given a smoking room. Straight after check I went back to reception and asked to change to a non smoking room. In reply I was told that none was available. Later on we noticed that there was no kettle in the room. I went to reception and asked for one. In a most uncooperative, the reception person ( Yousef) retorted that I should not expect one. I then drew his attention to the hotel website which states the tea and coffee making facilities. He then replied that they do not provide one in a triple room. At that point I gave up as his attitude was of total indifference bordering onto being rude.
Our room included breakfast which was of poor quality.

I will not be staying at this hotel again, there are a number of much better alternatives at a lower cost.

Room Tip: Obtain a written confirmation of the room you will get. Avoid Yousef person when checking in.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Shafraz M, Executive Secretary at Crowne Plaza Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Abdul Q,

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. Your comments are really valuable to us as they really do guide us and help us to improve ourselves where we can.

It is unfortunate the hotel facilities and amenities prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel.

Your input will be shared with our management team to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to show you how great our hotel is.

Shafraz Mohamed
Crowne Plaza Madinah

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Madinah

Reviewed April 23, 2014

It is only 5 minutes walking to the Prophet Mohammed Holy Masjid, a new Crowne Plaza Hotel with a new interior design and clean rooms with unique service as well.
The restaurant was good and has various food from the world wide.

Room Tip: I dont think there is a special view there, but the room sizes will make sense
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank buyaser
blanco633, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear buyaser,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Madinah for your stay and for writing a positive review that explains all.

Thank you once again for staying with us and recommending our hotel, hoping to see you back soon at Crowne Plaza Madinah.

Mostafa Blanco

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I booked Crowne Plaza for 5 nights to stay in the Holy City.
Hotel is on nice location and less than five minutes walk away to Masjid Nabwi.
Staff is very nice specially Mr Hatem on Reception Desk and Mr Deen on Concierge desk.
I booked for 5 nights for standard room but I was upgraded to Club floor and they even given me one night free because I am IHG member.
It has free Wi Fi and good connection.
Hotel is very comfortable and value for money and I will stay again in this hotel in my next visit.
Room was good size big bathroom good toiletries stuff and clean.
Breakfast is good not a very high standard but there are good few items to choose

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mohammed K
Shafraz M, Executive Secretary at Crowne Plaza Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Mohammed K,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and comments.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests.

Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Crown plaza at al Madinah Al Munawara, Saudi Arabia has an excellent location ( very close to the prophet's mosque) . The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. It has free Wi-Fi and tea and coffee facilities.
The room are very comfortable and good value for money. I highly recommend it for visitors to Al Amadinah. I am definitely going there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank hasanf
Shafraz M, Executive Secretary at Crowne Plaza Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear hasanf,

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time visiting the Holy City of Madenah and this hotel was perfect. The check in was a breeze with very helpful staff. The room was good size for a family of four on the third floor with the city view. There was a safe, coffee pot, iron and other stuff that was really helpful. The hotel is a two minute walk to the Masjid and maybe little longer walk for women gate but it was not bad at all. The daily breakfast was very good with lot of options to pick from. One suggestion that I would make would be, hotel should have some fruit or free coffee/tea service in the lobby area. Overall I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and in the future I will be choosing this hotel for my stay in Madinah INShallah!

Stayed: February 2014
Shafraz M, Executive Secretary at Crowne Plaza Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear AllahisGreat,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have just recently checked out of crowne plaza over the weekend. I would just like to share my experience. As soon as we checked in I found the hotel staff to be very welcoming and friendly. I was immediately told about the prayer timings and that there was a shuttle bus for women to the haram. Furthermore I was given the timings for when women could visit the rawdha which was extremely helpful. We had a triple room which was very clean and had ample space to store all our luggage. There is a Great advantage for men as it is literally a 3 min walk to the Masjid. For women walking distance is about 12mins but thanks to the hotel bus it takes you straight there for every Salah and also collects you from the haram and back to the hotel on time , great service and the drivers were always helpful. Breakfast was wonderful with a wide variety of foods every morning. Rooms were cleaned every day. Definitely a recommended hotel me and my family had a very comfortable stay here and we would come back here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank SadiaMadinah
Shafraz M, Executive Secretary at Crowne Plaza Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear SadiaMadinah,

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Well, reception staff are very friendly, one of the "Hatem" called me before arrival to welcome me as I'm VIP client and employee on desk even was very nice but I believe he reserved to me the worst room ever (No view), Bathroom is very very small, water is very weak flow and the shower tap was broken.
I didn't find complimentary Tea or coffee and there was no fruit basket although it's mandatory that IHG provides to me because I'm gold ambassador and already I paid for this services!
After my complain the send only the fruit basket.
Housekeepers didn't arranger my room although I asked for this but it's obvious there is big problem in hotel for this topic
Location is not bad specially that I was there alone but if you have family I recommend you to stay at any hotel in North side of Masjed Haram

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank hshalaby
Shafraz M, Executive Secretary at Crowne Plaza Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear hshalaby,

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfil all our guest requests.

Your valuable comments are noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate department to be addressed accordingly.

Please also contact General Manager Mr. Mostafa at mostafa.blanco@ihg.com so he can obtain additional details regarding your stay.