“Just Few Steps To Haram...”
Review of Elaf Taiba Hotel

Elaf Taiba Hotel
Ranked #62 of 151 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've stayed for the first time on 16th October 2013. The location is simply near Masjid Nabawi in Haram. Fast check in & check out with English speaking Receptionist. We stayed in a room with 4 beds. TV Channel could be set with more option. Fridge in the room was not working. The room is OK and comfortable enough. Basement Car Park was limited and very narrow especially a challenge for big 4WD cars. We did not try their food as plenty of food outlets nearby the hotel. The room could do some refurbishment for better guest comfort. All in all, it is a GOOD hotel with best location and low budget...

Room Tip: Available family rooms with maximum 4 beds in a room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Ameer3311

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Pillows got a lot of mildew spots. Mites everywhere. Informed receptionist and ignored me. The receptionist didn't even write the room number down. If hygiene concerns you, avoid booking this hotel. No wifi and breakfast is expensive. Employees doesn't speak English. You have to call reception many times to get things done.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Shayiamaqbool
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel since last 4 years. Latest, I was there from 22nd Aug to 24 Aug 2013. Its a 3 star hotel almost opposite to Haram.
It is my 1st choice in Madinah mainly because of their location, friendliness & reasonable rates as other hotels with same location charge too much.
Food quality is average, rooms & baths are clean however need urgent renovation. Parking is very narrow so if you have a car bigger than Corolla, I do not recommend you to park in hotel.

I interacted with some very fine & cooperative people of hotel (Finance & Reservation Deptt) who always provide best possible customer services.

Looking forward to my next visit soon, in same hotel.

Room Tip: Nice view of Haram at Night Time so go for a room with Haram View. See the picture I attached
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MoinQ
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed 5 nights during Ramadan of this year. Its a 3-star Hotel by international standards, which worked well for us since we were spending most of our time at the Masjid e Nabawi! The location is extremely convenient. Its a few steps from the south east corner of the Mosque BUT its at the opposite corner of the Rawdha which you can get to quickest by walking diagonally inside the Mosque. Otherwise, its a long walk around the Mosque square to get to the Rawdha. Rooms and bathrooms are dated and in need of a major renovation. The staff is friendly although reception staff needs a lot more training! One more thing, if you're booking independent of a tour group, make sure you call the hotel directly to confirm your reservation. I had an odd experience. Hours after checking in very late in the evening, I received an email from kayak/Booking.com that my reservation will be cancelled by 6pm on the date of arrival if I don't update my credit card since the original reservation card didn't go through! Very strange indeed coz in reality I was already in my room and my card had been charged! No one at reception seemed to care to understand or explain. I believe that I would have lost my reservation had the hotel been full, but lucky it was not and things worked out. It could have been a nightmare though! Overall, it was a good choice especially that the price was considerably below the average rate for the hotels along the same street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face the Masjid.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louay
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Location is more than suitable as mosque is right across the street. We stayed there for 3 nights rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast was good, if you are going for Hajj or Omrah, this is a good hotel to stay in, it is not luxurious, but it will meet your needs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was my second time I stayed there. Its very clean, helpful Egyptian staff and very close to the Masjid e nabawi. It is expensive however its literally a 3 min walk to the masjid. Breakfast is average which is ok. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We got lucky and got a room over seeing the Masjid e Nabawi.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the staff if they recommend you spend 140 riyal on ziyarat. Just stand outsid...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed 3 nights. The hotel has have a good location. Near to Al Haram in Medina.
Good breakfast, clean, and comfort room. So u can focus on your religious activities
I recommend for religious traveler to stay at Elaf Taiba.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends