“EXCELLENT OVERALL EXPERIENCE.”

Madinah Movenpick Hotel
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was my second stay in this hotel.I am full of praise for the overall standard of service in all areas.Only suggestion is about its refurbishing which is overdue.Bathroom fittings need to be replaced/repaired as I had
experienced water leakage from the shower on floor due to missing rubber
lining in the shower door. Excellent location is an added advantage for the
guests.

Room Tip: Ask for MASJID NABWI facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank travelerwithtaste_41
Hassan H, General Manager at Madinah Movenpick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback.
We go through your suggestion and discuss with concerned department to make sure that your suggestion will take place. We are working on refurbishing plan of our property which will take some time as this is a big project.

We are looking forward your next stay in hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

although the hotel is a third line the hotel is very comfortable. very clean, well kept, and
the staff is very helpful, the check in was very soft and easy, the food is very acceptable, the Housekeeping service is a very high standard

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr. Tarik,

Many thanks for your feedback and review.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel, and you like our services.

We look forward to welcome again in our property in very near future.

Regards

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed in Madinah Movenpick for religious pilgrimage with my family in May 2013. The experience was excellent and i would personally recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Medina. The checkin was swift and whatever requests i had were promptly taken care of. The rooms were clean and spacious, the breakfast was luxurious and had a live omelette station. Most importantly the hotel staff was amazingly polite, helpful and gave us a personalized service. The Hotel location is 3 mins walk to the Haram from the Jannatul Baki entrance.

Room Tip: Just ask the hotel staff and they will gladly accomodate all your requests.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Adnan,

Many thanks for your exceptional review and feedback.

I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, as our main aim is to always provide our guests with the utmost level of service. I will make sure to personally thank to all concerned staff for the excellent the service they have provided you with during your stay.

I am very happy to read that Madinah Mövenpick Hotel is your hotel of choice when you visit next time in Madinah.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Average location (the 3rd raw from Haram). Not really the best for elderly visitors, females, or those with motion problems. A large department store is conveniently located at the first two floors. My room was small and was facing the opposite side of Al-Haram. Room service selection was average. The best attribute in the hotel is the fantastic staff, specially room-service staff.

Room Tip: If you are old, female, or having any motion issues, try the other Movenpick.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your exceptional review about our Staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is the second time to use this hotel. It's known as the old movenpick or Movenpick centralpoint as the building houses centre point shopping complex in 2 floors with easy access from Hotel reception.
Reception is luxurious and spacious. Fresh flowers emit excellent fragrance in the area. Checkin was very swift. Receptionists are professional and very friendly. Rooms are quite big with twin beds and sitting area. Free WiFi everywhere in the Hotel with adequate speed at least for browsing and for e-mails. I did not try heavy downloads. Complimentary 2 bottles of water on arrival and another 2 bottles in the evening. A plate of sweets (Propably left over from Lunch buffet) was left in the room (but not tasty nor fresh). Some teabags and coffee bags are supplied but one of the coffee bags tasted very bad; checking the expiry date, it expired one year earlier!
Amenities in the bathroom are quite adequate with shampoos, soap and other toileteris. Hair dryer. There was shoe shining machine near the lift (Brush was working, but no polish cream). But propably left over as a decour as most clients were Iranians Visitors for Umrah and visit using slippers.
Breakfast buffet costs SR 65. It has wide varieties of Egg freshly cooked to your preference, cheeses, Foul (Brown Beans), Flafel) and sweets. Of course , the cereals were there. Small spanish black olives of very cheap variety;I suggest to replace it by a more popular Calamata or mamooth olives which are more tasty and fleshy. All pastries displayed were not fresh and not tasty. There were no proper american or filter coffee. Again only coffee bags.
Lunch buffet costs SR 125 and is not worth it at all. You are better off going to restaurants take away behind Haram or in Gurban crossover the main road. Another building called Al-Jazirah building has got Al-Baik and many other options. They also have Shiraz Restaurant devoted for Iranians.
We had a problem with the electronic keycard. I had to reactivate 4 times. Then I was told it might be weak battery in the door key!!
I used the business center free to print my boarding pass; very convinient .
Only one type of news papers; Al-Madina was available.
I would like to have to see some channels on the TV like Discovery, Nat Geo, or animal planet.
I booked airport transportation; SR150, one way! I was expected fancy Limousine car but I found an old Innova, badly kept body with a lot of pumps, frames of seat belts dismantled, fealthy carpets, trunk campartment was very dirty, ceiling shows smudges and it smelled of cigarrettes. The usual taxi would cost around SR 40-50 and might have been better option.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank DrMedhat

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing your very details review on your stay at Madinah Mövenpick Hotel.

We go through your review and feedback and take actions all the points which you mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Madinah.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel by Expedia & stay 4 night.

Breakfast Restaurent was very helpful for choose as per desire food (many item)

I recommend this hotel for young people.

Good hotel, staffs were fine, I am very much appreciated for their hospitality, but due to location can't stay again if I get another hotel near masjeed E Nabi.

Regards/ Ezaz

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Ezaz Ul K
Hassan H, General Manager at Madinah Movenpick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Ezaz

Thank you for choosing Madinah Mövenpick Hotel for your stay during the visit of Madinah. It is our pleasure to have you with us. We acknowledge your concerns and praises.

Concerning the location we are conveniently located south of the Holy Mosque, and near from the Al Rawda Al Sharifa and Al Baqie areas. However we are also providing free shuttle service to ladies entrance of Haram for prayers time.

We look forward for your arrival and stay with us in near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Madina Moevenpick in front of Rowda is one of the best locations in Madina, also the staff is very helpful and they do their work very professionally, the rooms are very clean, also the breakfast buffet is very good.
Moevenpick Madina will always be my choice. Mahmoud El Touny.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank MAHMOUD_EL_TOUNY

Dear Mr. Touny

Thank you for choosing Madinah Moevenpick Hotel for your stay. I would like to acknowledge your comments and praises that you mentioned for the staff that made your stay enjoyable.

I look forward for your and your friends & family stay with us in near future.