“Over priced”

Ranked #80 of 135 Hotels in Medina
uk
“Over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Pretty dull and boring hotel to be honest, seemed empty when we were there even though we had booked the last two rooms in the hotel.

Food was ok off the menu but dinner and breakfast is buffet style which isn't great, pretty bland food, the only restaurant in the hotel is more like a canteen, brightly lit, no atmosphere at all.

the hotel itself is clean enough but its in the middle of nowhere and i wouldn't personally stay there again, very soft beds and my bed squeaked every time i moved in it, i mentioned it to reception and nothing was done about it, in saying that reception is run by fat lazy arab men who don't seem to interested in any issues you may have!!

Also no gym, apprently 'its still being built' yet it says on their website that they have gym facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Rooms are clean and quiet. Breakfast buffet is adequate although not impressive. Hotel location is away from the "restricted" areas of the "holy city"--even so--the staff reminds non-Muslim guests not to "wander extensively" outside the hotel grounds.
I have stayed here several times and find it satisfactory.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Le Meridien Medina while traveling in Saudi Arabia. I was told that the hotel used to be a Sheraton hotel. The hotel was ok. It seemed pretty empty while I was there and it was very dimly lit. We had buffets for breakfast and dinner and the food was pretty decent. The hotel is not very close to the center of town and you will need to take a Taxi everywhere. If you plan on sightseeing and want to spend a lot of time at the Haram, I might suggest a closer hotel. Overall the hotel was ok but not up to the standards of some of the other Le Meridien hotels I have stayed in. I think this is one of the major hotels for airline crew in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for your SPG upgrade. They won't give it to you unless you ask.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a decent place to stay, with generally clean and comfortable rooms. I have no complaints about the facilities, and even though it is quite far out from everything in town the hotel has a shuttle to the Haram. I didn't take the shuttle but was told it has regular timings.
I didn't eat in the restaurants but the room device was very good, the "mixed grill" was delicious and came with a variety of accompanying dishes.
The main issues of concern here were related to hotel service-- although I gave my Starwood guest number I was never credited with the points (and can't find my receipt now to claim them!) and (even more of concern) I was not given clear information several times about my driver and car (when it came, etc.) from the front desk. This led to a problem where I left the hotel late (as the front desk did not call up to tell me the car was here, as requested) and almost missed my outgoing flight. I think these problems were due to language issues (I only speak English).
As a woman traveling alone in KSA I appreciated the feeling of security and respect from the staff this hotel, and the privacy that they gave to me. I felt comfortable staying here and found the public areas to be open and well lit, and the locks on the doors to work properly (not the case in all the hotels on this trip, as I'll post in my next reviews!). I did not find out if there was an eating area for women only, but the room service was good.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Jeddah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is a hotel used by locals for wedding receptions and for foreign airline crews (because the hotel is outside the Haram area. The location is isolated from shops/restaurants.

Their are frequent shuttles to and from the Haram in Madinah (It is about a 10-15 minute drive away)

Rooms are fine and very spacious. Beds are great.

Room Tip: Stay away from the reception halls if you want to get a good nights sleep
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ibrahim K
Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for 5 years, and still the internet doesn't work. When you call the front desk you get the same story now that you get 5 years ago. And that is " The IT Manager will be in at 9am " ,, Totally useless people answering the phone that do not care at all. TV channels,, two or 3 english channels, and CNN and BBC do not count as entertainment. At 10:30pm at night my phone rings and it's housekeeping asking if I want my room cleaned. Woke me up from a sleep as I had to depart at 2am. This is not what I needed at all. Indian and Pakistani staff in house keeping that do not care. Normally breakfast comes with the room but not at this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if possible. There are not many choices in Medinah.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Medina hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

I would say that the hotel cleanliness is okay, room is comfortable. However, the hotel receptionist service is terrible. They are impolite, rude to guest, not helpful. I believe that they even do not know what does hospitality line. Althought they are sitting at the front desk. I would not suggest this hotel unless they put some improvement.

• Stayed December 2010