“Average Hotel”

Madinah Marriott Hotel
Ranked #30 of 151 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Its an average hotel. 8 to 10 mins walk to holy mosque. Breakfast was ok (not too good and not too bad). Good thing about this hotel was an early check in. Guy on reception was very friendly. He checked me in 3 hours before scheduled time, which was great. Smooth check in and check out. Decent size of bed room and bath room, neat and clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank M K
Mohamed M, Front Office Manager at Madinah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Sir
We are in receipt of your comments. Thank you for bringing them to our attention and share your experience during your stay with us. We appreciate the time you have taken to evaluate our services and pass on your feedback.

From comments such as yours we are able to reassess our current practices and implement new training and standard procedures, to further improve our service and better accommodate your future needs
However, we are deeply concerned that we may not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Please be assured that we have taken all your comments seriously and we are certainly looking into them for corrective measures to be implemented where necessary. Therefore please accept our sincere apology on behalf of all management team & Staff for any inconvenience you had encountered during your staying with us.

I hope the problems encountered won't deter you from giving us another chance to welcome you back with much improved stay

In the meantime, my best wishes & thank you once again for choosing Madinah Marriott.

Should you have any further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Marriott- Madinah- Saudi Arabia.

Checked in at 3am after a long drive from riyadh. Outdoor security with very bad attitude. It was 9 degree Celsius when we reach here and there the room heater was broken (room1011). Asked the reception to change for the room, it was same as well in tht room and water pipe was taped in. The breakfast was horrible. Paid 900 saudi riyals per night, was soo frustrated took my car, went for a drive and found another hotel 300M away with same or more facility and just paid 380 riyals. This hotel is a humiliation for the marriott group. Very dissapointed with the hotel.

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Arshed A
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was a total disappointment, I think that Marriott should revoke its name, the Elevators were broken, Broken sink in the bathroom, horrible food for breakfast and lunch. The hotel does not even a 1 star. I stayed here for 3 nights and never again will I stay here or recommend anyone

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank kzubairi
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I called the hotel inquiring if they can send a hotel car (for which I am willing to pay for) and was told that I should just take a taxi! Little things could damage a great brand like Marriott. If I pay that much for a 5 star hotel stay, airport meet/assist/pick up should be trivial. Other local hotels in Madinah do have the service let alone intl names.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank nmoalimi
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel that we stayed at just before Ramadan. We had wanted to do a more historical account of Medina through the eyes of Prophet (AS) and Sahabi who emigrated there in the early days of Islam.
Having somewhere like the Marriott as a base helps enhance the success of such a trip.
A shuttle bus runs every ten minutes to and from the doorsteps of the mosque, or if you prefer, a leisurely stroll is only 15 minutes away.
We enjoyed the buffet breakfast served each morning - it was basic and repetitious, and not always fresh but we do not like to see excessive wastage of food and applaud the hotel for this attitude.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and we had been allocated a room that provided an excellent view of the green dome - we could give salams to the Prophet (AS) each morning.
Room service was prompt and efficient. The meals provided through the room service received a mixed review from us:The mixed grill was very nice but the shrimp cocktail needs to improve as the ice had melted leaving the lettuce soggy.
Be sure to visit the display of the hijjrah located in buildings on the western side of the mosque. Tour guides provide a wonderful account of this time period in Islamic history.
Other must see locations include Al-Kobah mosque - be sure to go to the museum, and Uhud.
Always remember some of the sites are merely historical and not for worship.
There are many hotels closer to the mosque but we were very happy with our stay at the Marriott in Medina. Elhumdulilah.

Room Tip: View of mosque
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charmaine M
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights. The Hotel is nice however it could use some updating in the rooms. The staff is very helpful and courteous. The breakfast buffet had enough variety. Salim made sure we were well fed! Thank you.
The shuttle was convenient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawood H
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. I paid for two and got a night for free, you can find this offer on the mariott site. Anyways it is about 20 mins by taxi from airport(60 ryals approx or if you take saptco its 100 riyals fixed price)
It has a bus that runs for free from the Haram to the hotel, after each prayer you can easily spot the bus with the Marriott logo outside the area he originally dropped you off to go pray. The only thing disappointing was sometimes I was returning at different times and I did not find any bus drivers I waited for 10 minutes in the end I decided to walk back.

In room service I had an amazing chicken I still cannot believe its taste I want it again but anyways. For breakfast it was fine but however in one morning that man waiting on me was a bit rude. He did not smile and the way he served customers just felt like he was saying get up and leave. However the next morning he seemed fine so maybe it was just that day he was off or something.

I had a junior suite so the room was very big and very nice. Very clean and even had a small restricted view of the mosque.

Room Tip: I had the first floor it was good for me. I think I got lucky on price cause even the reception was...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo