Intercontinental hotels are typically 5-star, full service hotels. This one is not, at a push it has the facilities of a 3 star and services levels of a prison.
Facility wise, there is one restaurant and room service. There is no gym, pool, or sauna facilities. Room furnishings are dated. Breakfast buffer is best avoided, even if its included in the rate. Use room service if you get really desperate.
Service wise, its non-existent. Check-in time is 4pm, but even when I turned up after 4pm, rooms were still not ready and was asked to wait. Be firm with the staff or you will be waiting a long time. Moreover, as a member of the Priority Club loyalty scheme, do not expect the hotel to honour your preferences. I was provided a non-smoking room, and was told that my profile has no preference. Again, after being firm with the staff, I was moved to a non-smoking room.
Bell boys are very inefficient and seem to have no clue. Note they will arrange taxis for you with "private drivers" as they take a cut of the fare.
Wireless Internet is available at a cost. However, you need to ring the service desk to activate it.
The hotel is in a great location next to the mosque - no complaints about that. However, be aware the lifts do get busy around prayer times, so factor that in.
Check out was relatively painless, although was not even provided we a copy of a bill, just was told the amount and money taken from my card.
Medinah is suppose to be a serene place. Staying here will really test your patience, and if you want a 5-star hotel then do not stay here. If you want an expensive 3-star hotel with poor service then you will not be disappointed.
The only true 5-star hotel in Medinah is the Oberoi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Al Iman InterContinental Madinah occupies a choice spot on the piazza of the Holy Masjid Mosque of the Prophet Mohammed. Surrounded by the city s financial, commercial and shopping districts, the hotel is also within easy reach of historic sites including Jannat-ul-Baqi cemetery, the Badar Battlefield, Ohud Mountain, Masjid Al Qiblatain and Masjid Al Quba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Madinah-Dar Al Iman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Dar Al Iman Madinah Hotel Medina
- InterContinental Madinah-Dar Al Iman Al Madinah/Medina