“Great for who want to pray”

Dallah Taibah Hotel
Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My religion is moslem, so when there is opportunity to go to holy mosque Nabawi, I take the chance. Al Azhar tour and travel took me right there, stay at this hotel. The location is near and strategic, you can sleep comfort right here. There was no problem at all. I recommend you to stay here if you can.

Room Tip: Booking immeditialy before it take by another person
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank BowoOkaS

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family and I were there for Hajj. This was right in front of Masjid Nabawi. As soon as we entered we were treated with dates and cold refreshments. Later on we were treated with Kawa from this guy who dressed in traditional Arabic clothing. The buffet was excellent with generous proportions. Everyone was really nice and courteous. The people of Medina are like gold. Cant wait to go there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Farhan H
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed 4 days last year, arrange by my travel agent. Its location just in the front of Nabawi's Gate make it Great. Around hotel are little market and shops that sells souvenir and food with good quality and price. Also there a mall. Hotel was simple, but fully Air conditioned. The breakfast menu are limited but enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Luken M
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is my first time staying at the hotel. Booked on different floor but when checked in was put on second floor. Not bad since the restaurant is on the first floor so can just walk down one floor.

What do you expect from 3 star hotel? Not much. It has the same facilities as you would usually expect from other 3 star hotels. The room look smaller because it has 3 single beds! No single bed room available at that time.
The shower room is spacious, not bathtub. The shower cubicle seems smaller, luckily it uses shower curtain otherwise you will always fight with the space. No place to put shower gel and shampoo.

For 3 star hotel, I am amazed with the room service and housekeeping, they are good.

Restaurant is well lit and look much better then other similar hotels. The choice of food also great and setting is also well appointed.

If I had the opportunity to go there again, I would request for double bed, probably the room look bigger.

Room Tip: Determine the room size and bed size before confirming booking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Othman M
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This review had me torn-up on how I should word it. I am going to try to be objective. First off, the location is excellent. It it located on the side of the mosque that allows entry to both men and women and is very close. In other words, you won't have to roam around in the heat to enter the Masjid Al-Nabawi.

The lobby and common areas are beautiful and very modern. It is nothing short of a 5-Star hotel. There is a nice cafe in the lobby that has excellent coffee, food, and service. Similarly, they have an excellent breakfast buffett in a very well appointed dining hall. You experience the same great service there. I've heard lunch and dinner is very good as well, and I don't doubt it.

Now we come to the rooms. Honestly, the rooms at the hourly motels in America are better looking than the ones they have in this hotel. The furniture is bad, and loose in the rooms. The lighting is terrible. If it weren't for the lobby and the dining hall, this hotel would qualify for may be a 2/5 rating. It is extremely disappointing. The bathrooms look like you are in a morgue. There is absolutely nothing fancy about the rooms, or even up to the level of Motel 6 rooms.

Having said that, if your goal is to spend time in the mosque and not worry about the hotel luxories we are used to, then this hotel is just fine. I just can't bring myself to giving this hotel a 4/5. That would just be extremely dishonest.

Room Tip: Try other hotels in the area. I wold stick with the well-known brands like Hilton, Marriott, Move...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Exsold
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at Dallah Taibah Hotel for three nights with my family. We reserved a three bedrooms Suite, breakfast included. The floor was renovated lately and the Suite was new, clean, fully equipped and overseeing the Holly Mosque. I feel that the staff are really ready and willing to help and generously supportive. I had some worries before coming, that totally disappeared after the professional reception of Mr. Rayyan (Duty manager 2 AM) and after exploring the quality of the suite. The room service was quite good and the overall services were very satisfactory. The hotel is just 1 minute walk from the Holy Mosque, and the breakfast quality was good. I will be very glad to come back again.

Room Tip: Everybody is recommending the executive floors 12,13 &14, but we stayed in the 10th floor and we...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank FAHADalahmadi
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at Dallah Taiba hotel for 4 nights during the first week of April 2013 for our umrah trip. We are a family with small children..we stayed on the executive floor with dedicated two lifts. There was no wait time for the lifts for us.

Hotel's location is excellent. In front of masjid al Nabwi .. Usman bin Affan gate which is female entrance only.. It was very easy to go for prayer together as a family..or take turns in case the kids are sleeping in the room at Fajar time.
There are many food and eateries near the hotel so no problem if you want to eat out. There is also a big shopping mall next to the hotel with shops like mothercare etc.

We had a triple occupancy room ..which is on the small side.. The hotel is old and washroom fittings are literally peeling off.. Urgent need of replacement... Having said that.. Everything worked fine..fridge was provided
Executive floors have its own breakfast restaurant...so there are no crowds .. The breakfast was fresh..freshly squeezed juices.. Fresh cut fruits.. Live cooking stations.. And other buffet options. Overall it was great breakfast with very attentive staff.

Apart from breakfast.. An evening happy hour was also included in our room rate.. Which meant a small casual sort of high tea between 4 to 6 in the social lounge. It was great.. And very relaxing atmosphere..they even made tea according to your requirements. Just a note that kids are not allowed.

Overall our stay was very comfortable and convenient and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Choose room on executive floor.. Preferably away from their breakfast restaurant .. And nearby lift...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family