I stayed with my family for Umrah trip in April. We are checked in into a junior suite which was definitely nice but a little bit dark. The suite would have made use of some extra natural light. Safe was not working and we were told by housekeeping that we need to contact the engineer. Since we arrived quite late we were to tired so we decided to let go of the safe. We were quite worried though about our belongings throughout our stay and we should have called him. The Wifi service was going most of the time but was very bad at done times when I called the reception they said the IT guy was not available except in the morning. The breakfast was simply amazing, freshly made and delicious. Every now and then someone will be standing in the entrance area with dates and amazing Arabian coffee also sometimes they would have ice cold jus with pomegranate and lemon mint juices for free for guests. The hotel is very conveniently located just a steps away from the Haram. Lifts were so small though and sometimes took forever to arrive given that the hotel is extremely busy. We wanted a late check out and we wanted to confirm that the second day of our arrival but the reception guys kept telling us to check back later. This was really annoying as my parents are old and we wanted to make sure we had a comfortable place to stay in till our ride arrives late at night to the airport. We finally managed to get a late check out confirmation but just a few hours before the normal check out time. Restaurant is a bit small and is always crowded. Overall, highly recommended by of course there is a room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shaza Al Madina is the only luxury hotel in the area with a contemporary Eastern design. The hotel sets incomparable levels of hospitality, elegance and state-of-the-art technology. Ideally located at the doorsteps of the Masjid Al Nabawy in Medina, only 150 M. The hotel enjoys a perfect location within the heart of the city and only a short 20 minutes (15 KM) drive from Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz International Airport. Shaza Al Madina two dining options include an open show kitchen, which serves fusion cuisine. Shaza Al Madina’s intimate interiors are filled with mood lighting, created by international designer Morten Hansen of LWD Dubai, in association with calligrapher Mounir Al Sharaani, Egyptian lighting designer Randa Fahmy and with photographic installations by acclaimed Peter Sanders. The hotel’s walls were decorated by Soraya Sanders, famous for her traditional Arabic designs. Fresh and creative cuisine can be tasted at the Shalimar lounge. For a unique blend of North African, Persian and South-East Asian delights, guests are welcome to visit the airy Arabesque Restaurant. Rooms at the Shaza Al Madina are elegant and create the atmosphere of peacefulness. Shaza Al Madina is the ultimate hotel experience in the Middle East, a modern icon where exclusive Arabian luxury meets state of the art facilities. The hotel is designed to cater to every possible need and transport guests to a place of serenity and luxury, a unique haven for the modern traveller who expects only excellence in service and an exquisite ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Shaza Al Madina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaza Al Madina Hotel Medina
- Shaza Al Madina Al Madinah/Medina