$272
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
1,192 results
All reviewsarabesque restaurantpersonalized servicejunior suiteexcellent locationvery nice hotelf bspecial thanksbreakfast was excellentmain entrancehouse keepingin room diningother hotelsrestaurant staffrooms are spaciouscomfortable stayhotel managementclose proximity
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The service at this Hotel is outstanding, staff are always quick and willing to help any time of the day. Having stayed at many luxury hotels, Shaza's management is definitely the best. They are committed and focused around personalised customer service, something that is undervalued in KSA. The décor of the hotel is very impressive and the food is delicious! Great Location as it is only a two minute walk to Masjid e Nabwi. Thank you to all the staff at this hotel for a great stay :-

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
ShazaAlMadina, General Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear ronika786,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that we could contribute to
making your trip to the hotel a great experience.

We are delighted to know that you liked the decor and food.

Personalized service is of great importance to Shaza, and we invest heavily into training

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Very good place to stay and very close to Majid e Nabwi and the staff is helpful, taxis are easily available if you wish to visit Mosque Quba. If you are travelling with an elderly couple the location is ideal and provision is given for wheel chair and chair to be taken inside the mosque. Buffet was lavish and food was good. They serve Khava (Arabic Tea) at the candle lit lobby which add to the ambiance of the place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sabah_13,

making your trip to the hotel a great experience.

We are delighted to know that you have liked the breakfast and Coffee we serve.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Typical 5 star hotel at the holy city of Al-Madinah and is not different from other nearby hotels. Maybe it is one of the best, do not get surprised as all hotels in this area have the same low quality in terms of services and not very well customer’s oriented?. Rooms are very well furnished and bed mattress is very comfortable. This is my 3rd stay at this hotel and apparently the hotel is not very well maintained, as obvious by the deterioration of the décor and bathrooms. Breakfast was excellent with many varieties, however, the atmosphere is catastrophic where the breakfast area is very busy. Staff at reception experience is less than trainee with no focus and attention, they will answer many customers at the same time causing frustration. One good advice is to select rooms at high floors, as the noise in the nearby streets will absolutely disturbed you comfort.

Room Tip: One good advice is to select rooms at high floors, as the noise in the nearby streets will absolutely disturbed you comfort.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Adnan-Almuslem
ShazaAlMadina, General Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Mr. Adnan - Almuslem,

thank you for sharing with your review which highlights valuable and important points that help us to improve our products and services.

Your notes regarding maintenance , busy time at breakfast and the reception staff interaction with many customers at the same time are raised and followed up by me personally with the concerned departments.

We look forward to welcome you for the 4th time at Shaza Al Madina and I remain at your disposal for any future assistance.

Warm regards,

Brahim Robio,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Salam to all.
This is a great 5 star hotel.
1. Room conditions is excellent, though the carpet could be more cleaner. However, they provide indoor slippers, so, it isnt a big of a deal. Huge bed with decent amount of pillows. Spacious bathroom and toilet. It has a WC and a bidet separately (side by side).
2. My family and I took a Full Board meal for all Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Vast amount of food choices, from starter, main course and desert. Not to mention, they are all superbly delicious. The services from the staffs, from the cooks and the waiters, they are very friendly and smile all the time, even at the peak hours. Plus, very helpful.
3. There is wifi coverage in the rooms. However, it is unstable(weak & strong) at times. It is a satisfying level.
4. Front Desk. I would like to suggest, the receptionists should be sent to few training as they lack of common courtesy to deal with the hotel guests, need to smile more, eventhough the receptionists had been standing at the back of the counter for hours. Being able to speak in English is a good point.

Overall, my family and I are very pleased to have had an amazing stay in Shaza Madinah. Would definitely come back soon and would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
ShazaAlMadina, Director of Operations at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Ruscal,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

First Impression: Check-In was extremely slow, even by Saudi standards. It took 5+ minutes to process the family in front of me and probably 5+ minutes to process my reservation. The reception staff actually asked for my confirmation number (whereas most hotels just need the name of the reservation). By then, I was clearly not impressed.

Internet issues: Upon check-in, I asked about internet and was told it works like most places, login with Room Number and Last Name. As I did it during check-in, I informed the staff that it did not recongnize my name (Message read Invalid). They said to try again later, becausse there was a problem with internet at the moment (They could have told me that at the begining when I asked about howw to login)... In any case, the internet did not work for my entire 24hr stay. And everytime I checked at reception, I would get some response along the line of "it is not working at the moment, but perhaps later..."... To be honest I would have prefered something like "Internet is unlikely to work for the next 24hrs and I apologize for the incovenience". What bothered me the most is aafter complaining several times, and asking how I should do to send e-mails, someone at reception mentioned they have a business center, and the internet was working in there... Wouldn't it have made sense for them to inform me of that right away?

Rooms: Large, look ok at first glance but maany problems. The floors makes a squeeky noise (probably wood panels on the floor, under the carpet that were not fixed properly). The carpet was wet in some area, perhaps because staff had to clean it.. But still annoying... The TV did not have CNN... The bathroom is ok, but certainly not orthy of a 4start hotel considered among the best.. Cleanliness was not great as I saw hair on the floor near the shower.

Food: I ordered room service, though service was fairly quick, the food was not good.

Location: This hotel is located on the second row, behind a first row of hotels immediately facing the mosque. Therefore, only few rooms (on one angle) will have some view of the Mosque.

Check-out was slow as well, and no apology was made for the incovenicen of no internet.

Elevators are spread out throughout the hotel, so you can be sure you'll always wait 1+ minute for it..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
ShazaAlMadina, General Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear mahme

We thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. It certainly encourages us to perform better and allows us to both reward and review our services.

Please note that we have carefully read your comments and are immediately attending to its rectification so that it does not occur again.

Shaza Hotels consider it a distinct privilege to have had you as a guest. We would be honoured to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards