I had booked two rooms here for a family visit to Madinah. Was allowed to check in at 11.30 a.m. before Friday prayers. One of the rooms was upgraded to a junior suite which was nice! The junior suite and the other room are adjoining, with a common corridor. The rooms were nice but surprising that they seem a little tired for a new hotel - a few odds and ends are broken here and there and seems like the hotel isn't really going out of its way to repair them e.g. the door locking the corridor to the two rooms - when out of the room this could not be locked and if you closed the door, you would then have to call their engineers to let you in again!
Lifts are absolutely fine - only waited 5-10 seconds every time a lift was needed.
Breakfast is nice - nicely set out and good service. Never had difficulty getting a table, etc.
The staff are really nice and helpful.
I usually stay at Dar al-Iman but this hotel was somewhat better.
Location is good - just opposite the Hilton and opposite Fahd gate of the Masjid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shaza Al Madina is the only luxury hotel in the area with a contemporary Eastern design. The hotel sets incomparable levels of hospitality, elegance and state-of-the-art technology. Ideally located at the doorsteps of the Masjid Al Nabawy in Medina, only 150 M. The hotel enjoys a perfect location within the heart of the city and only a short 20 minutes (15 KM) drive from Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz International Airport. Shaza Al Madina two dining options include an open show kitchen, which serves fusion cuisine. Shaza Al Madina’s intimate interiors are filled with mood lighting, created by international designer Morten Hansen of LWD Dubai, in association with calligrapher Mounir Al Sharaani, Egyptian lighting designer Randa Fahmy and with photographic installations by acclaimed Peter Sanders. The hotel’s walls were decorated by Soraya Sanders, famous for her traditional Arabic designs. Fresh and creative cuisine can be tasted at the Shalimar lounge. For a unique blend of North African, Persian and South-East Asian delights, guests are welcome to visit the airy Arabesque Restaurant. Rooms at the Shaza Al Madina are elegant and create the atmosphere of peacefulness. Shaza Al Madina is the ultimate hotel experience in the Middle East, a modern icon where exclusive Arabian luxury meets state of the art facilities. The hotel is designed to cater to every possible need and transport guests to a place of serenity and luxury, a unique haven for the modern traveller who expects only excellence in service and an exquisite ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shaza Al Madina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaza Al Madina Hotel Medina
- Shaza Al Madina Al Madinah/Medina