“Perfect Hotel near the Prophet's Masjid (Al Masjid Al nabawy)”
Review of Shaza Al Madina

Shaza Al Madina
Ranked #3 of 157 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel is perfect, we got a junior suite which was perfect, good space, the breakfast was more than excellent & have got a lot of varieties, the hotel location is few steps from the Al masjid Al Nabawy, which was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ShazaAlMadina, Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Mohad,

We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Shaza Al Madina.
It is our privilege to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcome you again.

Warm regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely disgraceful hotel, rudedest reception staff ive ever encountered (abdulrahman+abdullah) who jus totally ignore you and then tried to charge me for my room which had allready been paid for in advance! Rooms are filthy with terrible stains on the carpets, shower was so dirty that i felt sick walking into it after i had cleaned it myself, internet is so bad it feels like a dial up connection from the 90's, the only thing going for this hotel is the location which is very close to masjid al nabawi. Service is non-existant. False advertising at its finest example, do not trust the pictures That are advertised!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Dimensia777
ShazaAlMadina, Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear

Thank you very much for posting the above esteemed review.
We are deeply regretful for the unhappy experience you may have encountered
during your stay at Shaza Al Madina. Please note that your comments has raised
and discussed with the concern departments who confirmed to carefully reviewing
the whole process and implementing the relevant training required. We are making
every effort to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future.

We hope these incidents will not mar your impression of our hotel and we will
endeavor to do everything possible to make your future stays enjoyable.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my wife for a weekend visit of al-masjid annabawi.

Great location, numerous elevators, beautiful interior decor, quiet. Only one negative recollection - there were a couple carpet stains.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DarrenIW

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that we could contribute to
making your trip to the hotel a great experience.

Personalized service is of great importance to Shaza, and we invest heavily into training

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am a frequent traveller to Makkah and Medina and have stayed in most of the 5Star Hotels there. On my last trip I stayed at the Shaza Madinah Hotel and it was by far the best Hotel in Madinah. Besides the fact that it is conveniently located near the Main Entrance of the Prophets Mosque and several shopping and food facilities... the quality and style of the hotel have really impressed me as well as their services. The Decor of the room is of a really high standard and it really seperates this hotel from the competition. Bathrooms are huge and with a modern design making you feel like royalty during your stay there. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to everyone and I hope to be using it again soon. Good Job Shaza!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Zain N

Dear Zain

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed at the hotel from May 22-25th. Excellent hotel. Fast and easy check in and its at a great location. New and modern rooms, well mannered staff who were always willing to help. Very very good service.

A great selection of breakfast items, with fresh eggs and juices.

Would definitely stay again whenever i get a chance to go the holy city again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adnan A

Dear Adnan

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We just got back from our trip to Madina. I was excited to stay at this hotel after seeing the pictures and knowing how convenient it was. However, I was very disappointed. First off, I went to check in without my husband. I don't know if that was the reason, but I was completely ignored for about 5 minutes while the receptionist made 2-3 phone calls. Then, the receptionist and I had a difficult time communicating. I feel that in a place like Madina, so close to the Masjid, the main staff should have a better understanding of English. Anyways, I was offered an upgrade, which was very nice. I had some other family with me and was not allowed to go up to my room with them. I suspect they thought my family would try to sneak in the room or something. Regardless, I felt disrespected. When we finally got to the room, I was appalled by the state of the floors. Initially, I felt really dirty even walking on the floors without shoes. Some of the furniture and walls looked like they had never been cleaned. The decor itself was pretty, it just looked like it was not maintained well. We asked for an extra cot and a staff member named Mohinuddin came to help us. He was very helpful and nice. Additionally several staff in the restaurant were a great help. The breakfast was very good. I just fail to understand the high reviews of the actual rooms. Overall, I feel hotels in Makkah are better than the Madina hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ShazaAlMadina, Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about your stay at
Shaza Al Madina during your visit to Al Madinah Al Munawarah.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel location, breakfast buffet as
well as our services. We greatly value your feedback and opinions and will make
sure to communicate your comments to the concerned departments.

We work very hard to ensure that our guests feel right at home at our hotel and
hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you with impeccable service, upon
your next visit to Al Madinah Al Munawarah.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Shaza Al Madina in the near future.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Location is great. It is situated in the middle of the entrance of Masjid Nabawi. The hotel itself is a 5 starts hotel. I particularly love the interior, very simple and dramatic lightings. Love love love the lightings. The price is also very competitive considering the perfect location. Plenty of restaurants nearby and shops for shopping. Parking is a bit challenging in Madinah, and the best option is to park at the Masjid carpark at the basement. Breakfast was nice and the toiletries supplied were the best that i had so far. It was just unfortunate that my room was not supplied with complementary drinking water. Nevertheless, still the best hotel for me. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends