We stayed in this hotel from 12th march - 17th march 2013. It is a fantastic hotel. Please note most hotels in madina are old and havent been refurbished for ages. This one has been refurbished throughout last year so you are probably staying at one of the best hotels here in madina.
Best bits - fantastic location, dont even need to cross a single road to get to the mosque, centrally located, lots of nice decor, comfortable beds, fantastic buffet breakfast, polite and friendly staff.
Bad bits - the hotel is actually old and you can tell that by how thick the room phone is, how old the room safe is. however like i said, you will not find one of this standard. these are minor things.
The internet only works in the lounge and reception areas. I have told the hotel they need to sort this out asap as people have busy lives and need to contact family colleagues on different time zones and as there is such a massive choice available (hilton, movenpick intercontinental) a stone throw away from here, patchy internet service is unacceptable.
The breakfast time can get busy - there are approx 450 guests and about 150 cups. We had to wait over 20 mins and no cup arrived even though we were kept on being told 10 mins 10 mins. They fixed this issue by serving tea themselves rather than let the guests take the cups and take ages to rewash and reissue again. I had tea and coffee in my own room but was refused to take any pastries with me until i explained it to the manager that i cant possibly wait another 20 mins to get a cup to have a cuppa - he agreed and understood.
When we checked in the first room we were given stunk of the drainage system - i said whats that smell? oh its the freshner. no its not its the toilet smell. i went right back to reception and was told i cant change my room as the hotel was full. i said well i will check out and go elsewhere and told the guy to ring the manager, and was then given a different room. Sorry for a 5 star hotel smelly rooms are just not acceptable. I did not accept i was told the hotel was full then i complained and suddenly the hotel was empty.
We pay alot of money to come here and shaza al madina is definitely a great hotel - great staff, great location, great food. Just need to sort out the 100% availability 100% around the hotel 100% of the time, and make sure we get clean nice smelling rooms, and make sure there are enough cups to serve us for breakfast or allow us to take some small items back to our rooms. Other than that a fantastic hotel - will i return to this hotel? Definitely - but only if you can fix the internet otherwise i will definitely go elsewhere.
Please do let everyone know if the internet gets fixed or not. And please do not lie to your guests and say its the freshner when its the drainage smell coming through.
I do also hope you will get rid of the nasty looking big phones. Go have a look at the system in swiss hotel makkah thats where we stayed. I understand thats a newly built hotel but insha Allah shaza is a great hotel too.
Thanks for everything.,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shaza Al Madina is the only luxury hotel in the area with a contemporary Eastern design. The hotel sets incomparable levels of hospitality, elegance and state-of-the-art technology. Ideally located at the doorsteps of the Masjid Al Nabawy in Medina, only 150 M. The hotel enjoys a perfect location within the heart of the city and only a short 20 minutes (15 KM) drive from Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz International Airport. Shaza Al Madina two dining options include an open show kitchen, which serves fusion cuisine. Shaza Al Madina’s intimate interiors are filled with mood lighting, created by international designer Morten Hansen of LWD Dubai, in association with calligrapher Mounir Al Sharaani, Egyptian lighting designer Randa Fahmy and with photographic installations by acclaimed Peter Sanders. The hotel’s walls were decorated by Soraya Sanders, famous for her traditional Arabic designs. Fresh and creative cuisine can be tasted at the Shalimar lounge. For a unique blend of North African, Persian and South-East Asian delights, guests are welcome to visit the airy Arabesque Restaurant. Rooms at the Shaza Al Madina are elegant and create the atmosphere of peacefulness. Shaza Al Madina is the ultimate hotel experience in the Middle East, a modern icon where exclusive Arabian luxury meets state of the art facilities. The hotel is designed to cater to every possible need and transport guests to a place of serenity and luxury, a unique haven for the modern traveller who expects only excellence in service and an exquisite ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shaza Al Madina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaza Al Madina Hotel Medina
- Shaza Al Madina Al Madinah/Medina