“Definitely not 5 star. More like a 2-3 star.”

Leader Al Muna Kareem Hotel
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Medina
“Definitely not 5 star. More like a 2-3 star.”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Our first 24 hours here and we have been unhappy from the minute we walked in. Our expectation was based on previous stays with the Radisson Blu group as well as the star rating. Dublin, Cape Town, and Johannesburg. These were 5 star experiences. The Medina one is not even close to a 3 star one. Reasons: # unfriendly reception # poorly lit hotel ( see other reviews) # "un-clean" feel to the room and bathrooms # used liqued soap and shampoo # naked tea bags # lights and kettle not working # stuffy and foul smelling room # free wifi, but out of range in our room # not much attempt to speak English from Hotel staff or even greet you in Arabic #cheap cheap toilet paper # I can go on and
on... My sister is at another 5 star hotel down the road from us ( London Tiptons dad's one if you watch the Disney channel) and their room at similar money is much better. They also get breakfast included in the price. Look, I wouldn't book here again, unless it is at 2, 5 star prices.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Qatar
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had booked a triple room for 3 days on 7th Feb in the hotel rather hastily as bookings were going fast, but later after reading some of the reviews,were slightly concerned. The reception and lobby are rather small for a large hotel, resembling more a boutique hotel. The hotel has a unique design whereby all the rooms are built around a circle on each floor rather than straight corridors. This means that the lifts are hidden at the back of the reception and it can get tight and crowed during busy prayer times. The corridors though out the building are poorly lit and although the hotel is trying to create an ambience with low lighting, this is annoying .Our room was excellent, big windows and clean ( 1210). Initially we were worried about noise after reading reviews but the floor was quiet. Bathroom was small but clean and modern,with a powerful extracter fan and no smells. There was a safe and kettle with tea/ sugar etc. Wardrobe was small for a tripe room but a very comfortable room and we were very happy with it, We did not have cleaning done because of our own schedule, but when we did leave plates outside the room, unfortunately it took 24 hours before they were collected. Breakfast is ok but the food and the experience is certainly not that of a 5 star. Again the buffet bar is built around a semi circle overlooking the balcony. Tables are tightly packed together and at busy times, the space between the tables and the bar is narrow and guests have to be extra careful, especially with staff bringing out trays of hot food. The hotel needs to give the layout some serious thought. However, table cleaning staff were pleasant and cheerful, Generally, for such a large hotel, there appear to be only 2 reception staff and 2 bell boys on duty if that. During the night, only 1-2 bell boys were on duty. On our floor, we hardly saw the presence of the cleaning boy. The hotel is low on staff . Another worry was that the space outside elevators on each floor and corridor should be free of items. Here, the hotel had sofas and coffee tables making the passage ways even more narrow and very difficult for someone in a wheelchair. These obstructions should be reviewed in light of evacuation fire procedures. Hotel is located in the 3rd row of hotels from the masjid gate and you must cross 2 roads, of which, one can be very busy at peak time. This was a worry for us initially, but it was not as bad as we first thought. Overall, its 7 minutes walking from the hotel to the masjid gate. Finally, we had a comfortable stay, we liked the cleanliness and the fact that the hotel is still fairly newish. We also found most staff could speak reasonable English and were polite and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank home2home
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Location is great specially for ladies since its very close to the Ladies praying section. The style of room is modern and room and toilet has plenty of space compared to other hotels in Madina. The breakfast buffet is fairly good and tasteful. The hotel has many elevators which reduce the waiting time specially during rush hours. The laundry service is very good and fast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel lobby is pretty. Rooms are very cramped...breakfast variety very good and the made an effort to make daily menu alterations.. however, some of the items were a little tough and dry to eat like the waffles and chicken nuggets...they make the best foul madams I have eaten and they have all the toppings to go with it.They advertise free shuttle service to the airport but when we asked they said they were busy!!The staff all seem miserable, from the omelet chef,
wait staff to lobby staff... A smile can go long way!!! location is good for women as very close to women's entrance at masjid but then further for men. Stay was reasonable...my stay at
dar alhijrah was better last year and more value for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed in Radisson Blue Madinah from 02 March 14 to 8th March. Hotel is very near to Mosque, checked in state away, Room was cleaned every day, breakfast was good and hot, fresh egg amlate was available. I booked this through Al-Hidaayhia Travel Birmingham, they charged me £140/Night Double Room B&B. I noticed later some other agents in UK can get the same room for £105/Night. I feel I have bean over charged by my Travel Agent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mohammad358
Reviewed March 1, 2014

the reception staff were very helpful and kindly extended our check out till 2pm. Good breakfast buffet included.The cleaning staff did need prompting but otherwise great stay in the Holy city. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Location is very good also.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

It all went wrong as I arrived . I walked into this hotel around 10pm in the evening hoping for a quick check in as I had just driven from Mecca for almost 6 hours with family .

I got to reception and to my shock I was only allocated 2 rooms , this was NOT the hotels fault but the agents and I contacted the agent who said they will resolve ASAP . I waited around the lobby area and asked the reception if nothing is sorted I'm quite happy to pay for the extra room as 7 people cannot stay in 2 rooms and then I will just get a refund off the agent . The receptionists response " sorry nothing available contact reservations in the morning , nothing we can do "! . I tried to explain that how can 7 people share 4 single beds but he wasn't prepared to resolve the issue in anyway and gave me the 2 room keys and ushered me away .

Finally after 2 hours my agent managed to contact reservations and arrange the third room . I then asked for my luggage to be taken upstairs by probably the most rudest and miserable bellboys I have ever met ( Suhil Alijan) . He was very miserable and very u helpful . He refused to take up some water which I bought from Mecca to my room saying " it's not my job" I then asked reception who had a quiet word with him and then funny enough it was in his job !!!!

The next day we were treated to the most awful buffet breakfast , cold and of poor quality . I asked for a fried egg and was told it was not available as there was a buffet tray of them in the mezzanine. If you saw those eggs it would put you off eggs for life !! There were only two cereals which were a mess and the tea area was flooded with water !!

In the evening I decided to take my family out to a mall and asked another bellboy to get me a taxi . We got in the taxi and the driver said he was going to take us to a different mall but I said we do not wish to go there and he then asked us to get out of the taxi a fair distance back to the hotel . I went back and complained to the bellboy and he was shocked , but I realised then that they were on a commission if you get guests to go to a certain mall .

There were many events which really disappointed me including how I had to phone everyday to get rooms cleaned etc

The hotel is very nice but the service is extremely poor and would really like to speak to someone higher and give a fuller account of events with names of specific staff .

I won't ever stay there again and will look at maybe another hotel .

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank X3GAF

Travelers are raving about these Medina hotels