“What is everyone thinking !”

Leader Al Muna Kareem Hotel
Ranked #15 of 138 Hotels in Medina
Chicago, Illinois
“What is everyone thinking !”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

So I booked this hotel due to his location and affordable price and reasonable reviews. But after staying here for 2 nights ! I wish I had spent twice the money for anything else because this has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in ! It is around 5 minutes walk from the Mosque and that is where the pros of this hotel end. We checked in around 6 PM and were greeted by a young clueless gentleman who was abrupt and not friendly. We were than escorted to the room which smelled of sweat and smoke and looked even worst. We asked for a queen bed but were given two single beds when we complained they told us that they will join the two beds which took them almost an hour to do while we stood outside the room. We would not have minded other wise but this made us late to wash up and miss Maghrib prayers. For the cleanliness of the room I will not waste any words just refer to the attached pictures. The internet was fast and we did like the concierge who was extremely helpful in having our ride arranged. The breakfast buffet was disorganized and filthy !! The dishes dirty ! I will never stay here again and recommend to anyone who values cleanliness to stay somewhere else !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Aimen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Frankly speaking Makkah and Medina 5 stars hotels are not that WOW like other hotels around the world, i believe people should expect the same treatment and the same outstanding service in those holy cities due to many reasons...
Al Muna Kareem location is very good, upon check in the receptionist showed a warm welcome and a nice smile and was helpful which you can't see in many hotels in the area.
Breakfast was really good and has many options except the juice was not a fresh orange juice which a bit disappointing.
Since we came early after we rested we found that we are facing few issues with the room after we spoke with the manager Mr.Mahmood he attended our room immediately and showed his professionalism and an outstanding way to handle our issues and provide us with a room move. i believe in hotel industry human touch can make the difference and Mr.Mahmood (i believe he is the HK manager also) turn around our experience and showed us his touch which made us happy and want to visit the hotel again... Unfortunately i had no chance to thank him again but i hope he would see this comment
Finally i would love to thank a young gentleman who assist us to do the check out at the reception he was very helpful and showed his care and his warm farewell

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Location. OK not bad
Food. Terrible I had to bring my own sauce for the salad coz guess what they don't serve it. Food quality is very poor n tasteless. Waiters are very rude, telling me to fetch a cover for myself instead of serving me.
Restaurant. Open on the whole hotel, my room smelled food all day long being in the 3rd floor, all u hear is clinging of forks n knives all day long. The restaurant itself is filthy
Staff. Extremely rude. They sent me to the basement to send a FAX myself not even bothering to send it for me. Receptionist named seraj had to claim he's chuck Norris n kept me waiting for 10 mins explaining to him that the room is in my name n that's my ID n he kept babbling. N refusing to give me a key.
Premises. Only 3 elevators working n aligned in the most stupid way ever. In mecca minimum is 12. Hotel is DIM that it affects your eye sight don't believe the pics
Dissappointed

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mardinijr

Travelers are raving about these Medina hotels

Manchester
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I am currently on my second night of 5 at the Radisson. We arrived very late about 1am extremely tired with my wife and 5 kids. Bell man came straight out and unloaded our luggage. At reception there was a very pleasant brother by the name of seerag. Check in was swift. Slight problem was that I was expected to pay the full amount on check in which I don't recall ever having to do before even when I was last here in the Hilton and before in the Anwar moevenpick. The brother saw the surprise on my face and said not to worry. He gave us our keys and we found two triple rooms having only booked doubles. So that was good. The standard of hotels in Saudi are not like elsewhere. There's no real maintenance so things start to look a little tired. Al muna al Kareem is actually ok. Carpets are in need of a bit of carpet washing at the very least. Beds are nice and comfortable. Breakfast is quite reasonable. Not as much variety as the Hilton but far better than the Anwar moevenpick.
Looked a bit far from the haram.looking on the maps but in actual fact is a very short walk to the king fahd gate.
So so far its very good. I check out on the 26th May so if there are any disasters before then ill publish another review.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed there in the month of April in 2012. We loved the stay as it was near the mosque which fulfilled our purpose of visit. Staff was very helpful. Really no complaints. Anyone coming for pilgrimage, I would really recommend you all to stay here as you wouldn't find much crowd around the hotel and every thing is available in walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a 5 night stay here. Room we got was terrible and small. Got given a better room as we are gold elite club carlson members. But had to almost argue to get tea/ coffee facilities and water into room. Reception staff are lousy almost rude and look down at you. The location good and breakfast way below standard. The only saving grace is the Egyptian management team, who hold this place together!

• Stayed July 2012
Ad Dawha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Reviewed May 4, 2013

After a problem happened with me at this hotel .. the general manager Mr. Naser .. and the operation manager Mr. amall also Mohamed assistant HK .. they solved the problem in an appropriate way and been following daily with me that i am spending a good vacation and recieving the beat service .. thank you guyz . u are doing a good job

• Stayed May 2013