“Recommendable Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Al Saha Hotel
Ranked #98 of 151 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We (4 members family) stayed there from Jan 16 to 20, 2014. This is in a prime location, especially for females, need 3 minutes to Majid al Nabawi. On the way a nice Food Court is there. Taxi are available very nearby. Having complementary breakfast and quite standard. Few elevators, rush time takes time. Bell boys are helpful. Room service responsive. WIFI ok. Over all ok but price is a bit high we paid SR 685 per day for Quadruple Room and it is fluctuate on the basis of season. Any way recommendable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Khandaker H

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Family was looking for a place to stay and we were gonna stay at the hotel next door but this hotel was half of the one we were originally going to take (Al Haram Hotel). This is in a PRIME location, barely a 2 minute walk to Masjid al-Nabawi (note: the umbrellas that open during the day and close at night).

Interesting layout to the hotel. Three elevators split between many people so getting an elevator is always tough. Once you're on your floor (which will take average 5-8 minutes) you are welcomed to a powerful aroma of cigarette smoke. There are chairs for people to sit on and just lounge and smoke a cigarette. Thankfully, as a family of non smokers, it was nice to find out that out that the smell doesn't stick to the rooms and just stays in the hallway. Rooms are dark, even when the sun is out completely, like really dark, even when all the lights are on. There is enough room to sleep and that's about it. Rooms are clean, for the most part, except the bathroom. For some reason, staff forgot to give us toilet paper and it was just generally a disgusting place. Though, if you were looking to study plumbing, you're in luck, they forgot to put the cover over the toilet so you can see all the pipes that make it work! Breakfast looked average though it wasn't included in our rate so we just skipped it.

Tip: Bargain with everything you do, it can't hurt to ask.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Rami B
Reviewed April 8, 2013

- Relatively small lobby compared to number of guests
- The elevators are horrible; too few, small and thereby have too long waiting time
- English is an alien language for the staff. If you ask the staff for something, you have to follow up like you are following up your children to get things done. I think even average children will not need so much follow up as the staff.
- Toilets are a nightmare. Flush pressure is non-existing
- Room cleaning is only available if you are in you room. Otherwise forget it. During our 5 day stay, I don’t think we got one single total cleaning of our room. Too bad. After running out of toilet paper, we ask for more and we got one single roll for a four man room.

Although, good location with some minutes’ walk to Masjid Al-Nabavi
All right good breakfast buffet.

I think there are several other hotels available in the same area in same price range but better quality. Check them out before deciding upon this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Adeal81
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here with my family.
Everything is small in this hotel including rooms, lobby and elevators. They had done the fresh paint. Staff not friendly and can't speak english. Food did not have much selection. Although, location was only a positive point for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank b a
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I went to Medina from Makkah after doing my Omra in August 2012, Ramadan ... thank god. Because I was tortured in accommodation and transportation while I was in Makkah so as soon as I saw Al Saha Hotel and how it was like 100 meters to the Haram I was thrilled! That's why nothing upset me of what happened later. Only 3 elevators for all the guests so when you are rushing to catch prayer all the other guests are also.... so you will wait for the elevator for a while. when you come back and want to go to your room you will wait for 15 mins or something to go to your room! Try to avoid rush times. The room is 3 star level not 4 star. clean room but not so clean toilet.Decent LCD screen TV but only 7 channels!! why is that? Ok about the good stuff,,, the location is superb ... near to Haram and in the middle of markets .... Al Saha Market beneath the hotel I bought a very nice luggage. The Sohoor was so nice and filled with different kinds of food. So convenient.

Room Tip: Choose Lower floors because at rush times you may not be able to use the elevator so you have an opt...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank eng_amrsamir
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here with my family in July 2011. Basic accommodation. We had a family suite which was huge and beautiful, but that's the only positive thing about our stay.

Too far from Haram to my liking. Staff not friendly and can't speak english.

The worst thing was the breakfast. The same things everyday - no variety. No fresh juice. After 3 days we didnt mind skipping breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank explorer786
Reviewed May 8, 2012

After reading some of the other reviews, I was worried about the hotel where I was going to spend 8 nights. But to my surprise, the hotel is very comfortable, convenient especially for the ladies and in close proximity to amenities. I would recommend Al Saha to anyone. The staff are generally very helpful although 1 problem is that no one in reception speak English. The only negative is that the room did not face the street but instead into a central well overlooking other rooms.Enjoyed my stay here and Insha Allah, if I go again I will consider staying at Al Saha.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple