“Amazing Hotel”

Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Service of the hotel is amazing , everything you wish you have it by almost no time . I would highly recommend to stay in Movenpick Khobar . I had stayed in the hotel 4 nights . Started from check in till departure from the hotel , all was very smooth . Service staff was very polite and always smiling. front desk team is very good , and always attentive to your request or inquiries . Hotel management is mostly time visible to the guest which makes a huge difference to the guest .

Mohamed Maroof

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Mövenpick
Hotel Al Khobar.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I could not agree with you more. One of the many elements the hotel has is very friendly employees, who are always very eager to please. Everyone was delighted to hear your appreciation and kind words when I passed your comments to the team. Thank you!

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 11, 2013

It was an exciting trip to Alkhobar this time when I travelled on 3rd December 2013 to Alkhobar. The trip was thorugh jet Airways business class which was an enriching experience.
Also the stay was in Hotel movenpick Alkhobar which was very exciting. The rooms were excellent .
The Break fast facilities in the Hotel was awesome with everything of high quality.
Also the Hotels were excellent for dinner.
The Indian restuarant in the Hotel where I took the dinner was awesome. The food was tasty and the price was reasonable.
It was indeed a beautiful experience worth remembering.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us! I like the way you describe our different restaurants with its specialities and the different service we are offering in general.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Moevenpick al Khobar has consistently provided good to excellent service. Rooms are large and comfortable.

Some aspects which can do with improvement:
On 2 separate stays, I asked for a neck supporting pillow to be delivered to my room but several hours later, nothing was done. I had to follow up with the supervisor to get the pillow.
Some rooms provide an Ethernet cable for connecting to the internet but others do not have Ethernet access. It would be helpful if there is a note in the room to advise the guest how to connect to the internet.

In my experience, the View and Blue restaurants offer some of the best hotel dining in Khobar. Mr. Tariq and Mr. Shaheed at the Blue restaurant have provided excellent attentive service during my stays there.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stays with us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the quality of service and dining experience provided to you. Concerning your feedback about the neck supporting pillow and the Internet cable, I have spoken already to the responsible department heads in order to take necessary measures.
Thank you once again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

In all respects, this hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was lovely and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. Staff went out of their way to be helpful and charming.
The food supplied, both through room service and restaurants, was outstanding. Buffet breakfast was fresh and varied food, with some dishes cooked to order.
The presence of an outstanding Indian restaurant on the premises was a bonus.
Some events on this trip were held in the conference centre, and the staff there were professional and attentive.
The manager seemed to be visible and accessible at all hours of the day and night, and was obviously closely involved in all aspects of its operation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting this charming review of your stay at the Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar. We enjoyed reading your review, especially as you have summed up all departments that make the hotel so special with its employees. We are really pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy many of the excellent facilities the hotel has to offer, including our outstanding Indian Maharaja restaurant. We are delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectations and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great brand, attentive staff, nice rooms but attention to detail is lacking. When I arrived my room was extremely clean however some essential items were missing and some were broken. Yes, everything got fixed as soon as I complained but it should not have come to this. Come on Movenpick, you can do better! Be careful of the laptop in the business centre, I got a virus which infected my laptop when I plugged a USB into it and then plugged it back into my own computer. To their credit, the management were very good and did their best to help. Yes, I will stay there again but only with concrete assurance that my experience will be a damn sight better!

Stayed: November 2013
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on the Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar following your recent stay.
First I would like to apologise for the negative experience you had with us especially with the virus which has affected your USB and your personal computer. On the other hand I am pleased that we have been able to fix all your remarks during your stay with us.
We always appreciate detailed feedback as an opportunity to improve our offer and services, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we do hope despite this, that we may have the opportunity to welcome you once again to the Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We have stayed at Mövenpick hotel for two nights. It was my wedding night. We have booked a junior suite.

Services:

1) Room service food was really awful. We ordered twice in our stay , both were awful.

2) The staff was friendly.

3) When I booked the room I mentioned that it will be my wedding night. The hotel didn’t do anything to make it a special night. They only offered to provide a cake and flower for 500 SAR which I declined.

Room:

1) The room was nice and spacious.

2) The bathroom had a Jacuzzi.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review on the Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar following your recent stay.

Thank you for your positive feedback on the friendly employees and the nice and spacious room. I am disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations in regard to the room service food! I have already spoken to the responsible department head and I can assure you that we take those comments very seriously and are very grateful for detailed information in order to take necessary measures. It is mainly through those guest comments that we become aware about deficiencies and therefore can correct our performance continuously.
Once more thank you for your feedback,

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I usually find this hotel chain slightly suspect. They are all fine, just not 'a cut above'. Moevenpick al Khobar is that 'cut above'. Rooms are large, clean, comfortable and business friendly. My suite had a large whirlpool bath and separate shower. I find the breakfast buffet one of the tastiest in Khobar after the Meridien. The gym is a bit small but the indoor pool is large, lovely, heated and clean. It is a great business location and yet has one of the nicer views in the E.P. Beds, linens, etc are all first class comfortable. The parking lot might been better designed. It can get a bit crowded where there is any function held, and it is a popular function place for good reason. Definitely raised the bar for all the other hotels in the E.P.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It will be a pleasure for me to share your feedback with the team especially your comments on the cleanliness of the guest rooms with its linen and the tasty breakfast buffet beside all the other constructive comments.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.