“Smooth and efficient”

Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I only spent 7 hours here, but check in in the small hours worked fine. The system to turn the lights on with the room key was more complex than I wanted after 13 hours on the move, but it all worked fine. Room big and clean with electric sockets for all comers. Bed comfy, breakfast good, with a nice view from 12th floor. At check out reception failed to add the correct billing address to my bill after asking twice, but it was probably close enough so I gave up. Good stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Markus M, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and taking the time posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It will be a pleasure for me to share your feedback with the team. Your feedback concerning the check-out time, and the system to turn the light with the room key on is much appreciated.

I Once again thank you for your comments as they will help us in our continuous quest for improvement.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in a not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I liked staying in the hotel. Spacious, clean and elegant. Its truly a 4-5 star hotel. Good staff and good services. The location is also convenient to go around and its close to cornice as well.other facilities were good with a good work out area and sauna. Its good for business trip..with good restaurant and indian food..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It will be a pleasure for me to share your feedback with the team especially your comments on facilities, choice of restaurants, space, cleanliness, design, attentive employees and efficient service.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to post your review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

If you are travelling for business it is a good option. Food is very good, rooms are nice, good swimming pool and great sauna and spa area. However, if you go with your wife or your family there are better options in Khobar. Ladies cannot access the pool and spa areas and the overall environment is too formal for kids to walk around.

• Stayed: February 2012
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the quality of service provided to you. Your feedback concerning the restricted facilities for the female guest is very much appreciated. It is mainly through those guest comments that we become aware about deficiencies and therefore can correct our performance continuously. I apologise for the inconvenience this has been causing you.

Thank you once again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Probably the best Hotel in Khobar for Westerners.
Cost-High End During the week due to Local Business Aramco etc.,but my company paid ,so no dramas.
Food-Very good selection.Indian downstairs,excellent food ,but very expensive for Saudi.Buffet selection excellent apart from ?Tuesdays which is seafood night.If you're not into shellfish/fish ,then it's up to the snack bar for you:)-
Snackbar on 12th is ok ,but menu limited and everthing comes with fries.Like the rest of the world 10 yrs ago ,people smoke next to you when you eat,but that's the norm in Saudi.
If you are an early eater(5-6.30pm,then room service is the best option).
Facilities in Hotel excellent,Gym,pool-wasn't sure about sauna/steam room-never on when i was around.
Staff very friendly and all speak english.
Beware of Taxi service in hotel-prices are variable,depending on the driver.
If you are security conscious this is the place to stay- My company rate it as no1 for Safe Location in Khobar and even recommend it as meeting point for emergencies.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us! I like the way you describe our different restaurants with its specialities and the different service we are offering in general.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was the second time I've stayed in this particular hotel. While still good, I had the feeling things have declined. The rooms and public areas in particular were not as well maintained and clean as I recall from the first time.

On the plus side the rooms are spacious and I have no complaints over their comfort.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your second visit and your review! I am sorry to learn that you have the feeling things have declined, especially the public area maintenance and cleanliness. On the other hand I am pleased that you mentioned that you are satisfied with the comfort and space of our guest rooms.
It is mainly through those guest comments that we become aware about deficiencies and therefore can correct our performance continuously. I thank you once more again on behalf of our staff and management for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you.
I am looking forward to welcome you back in the near future and remain,
With kind regards

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Great meal with very good atmosphere, attentive service and wonderful vegetarian options. Reasonably relaxed place for a woman to have a "mixed company" business meal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Clairedog
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to post your feedback. I am delighted that you have enjoyed the good atmosphere and the culinary experience at our Indian Restaurant. I appreciate that you have rated us as well positively on the attentive service and the good choice of vegetarian options. I will share your comments with the hotel team who will be as proud as I am.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Nice reception, free internet, great looking room
They didn't seem to like it but accomodated me gretaly when I asked to have a light snack and the bar upstairs rather than in my room.
Breakfast is great and checkout without hastle
Cannot comment on restaurant as I was there only to sleep and leave
Expensive though, even for Saudi

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingEugene
Markus M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for your patronage and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you rate our hotel very positive. I will share your comments with our team who will be as proud as I am. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.