Lowest prices for your stay
$47
Free cancellation until 10/07/22
Trip.com$86
FindHotel$33
eDreams$47
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'm currently in the 10th day of a long stay at the Nimran, and so far my experience has been positive. I'm in an executive room on the 8th floor where I'm higher above the traffic noise and the periodic adan (prayer call). My room has a balcony (of limited use due to the heat, but fun to step onto in the evening and see the lights of the island between KSA and Bahrain), an extremely comfortable bed (I like the firm mattress and immaculate bedlinens), a decent restaurant (good even for vegetarians like me), and a spotless bathroom.

There's plenty of closet space (although I did have to ask for extra hangers), a desk where I can set up my laptop, a flat screen TV (I only watch BBC World -- there's not much else in English) with HDMI connectors, a small fridge where I keep my snacks, and beautiful wooden flooring.

The desk people are polite and helpful. The manager, Neil Maitland Walker, is attentive to his guest's needs. There's a hotel parking lot across the side street. Best of all, the room rate is reasonable. If you don't require or thrive in 5-star surroundings, the Nimran will be fine for you.

Perhaps the only addition I would make to the room would be coffee/tea making facilities and perhaps a microwave.

Room tip: If you choose an executive room, ask to look at a few of them first. They vary greatly in size and view.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and really for the price can't fault the large superior double room on the 4th floor. The mini-bar is OK and not too pricey but the air-con is noisy. Free Wi-Fi access in all rooms. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room. The lobby is fine for a small breakfast - fruit, rolls coffee etc at a reasonable price but hold your breath if a non-smoker. There are 2 non-smoking tables out of about 12. No non-smoking rooms at the moment. Cannot comment on dinner because meals were taken away from the hotel.
The hotel rooms should improve quickly because 50% of those on the 4th floor are being refurbished to a very high standard.
Everywhere is clean and the staff are polite and helpful. The G.M. has been in KSA ofr 19 years and is a great source of helpful information.
Other hotels are more luxurious but ths one will do - for a few days.

Room tip: Traffic noise could disturb some light sleepers.
Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank RobbieBStockport
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The hotel in general is clean. Rooms are good as well as service. It is close to the beach. But the negative point I do not like is that the lobby is very small. When I go out from the hotel or come in with my wife I have to pass nearby men setting in the lobby who gather in goods number. They are working on their smart phones or laptops. This means you must walk fast when you accompany lady with you. There is no way for the ladies to set in the lobby. But the hotel is okay for short stays and minimal cost.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Granddream
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Had to stay here cos my company has a deal. One day late with rent and I was locked out of the apartment. Indian managed. Very expensive. The hotel has a mosque which is very loud! No sleep after first prayer. My manager stayed in the hotel. Friendly staff but the room was smelly.Never again! Now we always rent rooms on the corniche.

Date of stay: April 2011
1  Thank AhmadRiyadh S
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed for a couple days for a business trip here.
The hotel seems to be still under renovation for the first couple floors as mentioned by fellow reviewers. I was on the top floors which had been renovated.

Good
- Location. Right in the middle of shopping district. Walkable to the nearest pharmacy store
- Relatively Cheap
- Nice swimming pool on the roof. However you have to be careful of the timings .
- Expatriate staff is more knowledgeable than the native staff
- Pastry Shop at the ground floor
Not so good
- The reception is barely English speaking
- Renovations on most of the first few floors
- Prayer calls in early morning from the nearby mosque..

Date of stay: April 2011