“Awesome Bihari kebabs”

Bundoo Khan
Ranked #61 of 275 Restaurants in Al Khobar
Cuisines: Pakistani
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

BK always meets our expectations of great Desi food. Out fav is their kebab platter esp the Bihari kebab.
Also love their tandoori rotis.

Mutton khadai is good but very oily.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Having said that in the subject matter of my review, I should admit though that their Mutton Handi is a very good dish. I hope Trip Advisor had an extra rating option called "Good" so I could rate them Good since I can't rate them very good.

Their mutton handi is SAR 80 on comparison to New Khan's mutton handi which is only SAR 70, so I think they are priced high in comparison to the best dish in the market and thus there is not much value for money. Also for a plate of Shami kabab, 2 seafood soup, 1 mutton handi, roghni naan, mineral water and biriyani rice, that is, food for 2 people we paid SAR 175/- thus this restaurant does not really offer value for money for the taste of their dishes......they are a tad bit expensive.

We went in with my colleauge boasting that Bandou Khan have better dishes than New Khan and since I was on a search to see if any other Mutton Handi in town would New Khan in taste...we decided to see how bandou khan prevail with this dish!

While New Khan restaurants Mutton Handi has a plethora of Pakistani spices exploding in your mouth with each of the mutton cubes having completely immersed into those spices and tasting the same as the gravy around it and truly complementing the dish making it a wholesome mutton handi......Bandou khan's mutton handi is a different story all together. Their mutton handi has good gravy as well and tastes more like a tomato puree rather than a wholesome spicy gravy. Also the mutton pieces or cubes do not gel well with the gravy and taste apart. Though the dish is still tasty and is a very good dish as it is, it falls way of the mark in comparison to the mutton handi of New Khan restaurant.....

Their Shami Kabab tasted only average....very average in fact. Their Roghni Nan was the typical pakistani Nan and unlike the Indian Nan, this Nan is very hard to chew and you really need strong teeth and a soft roti is what goes well with a gravy dish and I hope these Pakistani restaurants learn that start serving thin rotis and nans to their guests.....Even scooping the gravy and mutton pieces with this Roghni Nan is a difficult task, so how will you really enjoy the dish!?!?!

Their seafood soup that we had for starters was very good, well prepared and had good amount of assorted sea food in it and we really enjoyed it.

Overall, as per my review of NEW KHAN restaurant (please check my other reviews) the New Khan Mutton Handi is still the winner hands down.....while Bandou Khan too offers good dishes.

I will recommend this restaurant to others. The ambience is average only and for families I recommend you take away food.

Cheers,
Syed M. H

1  Thank syed h
Reviewed June 30, 2014

It is very good restaurant. Food is very delicious. I like fried fish. It was very tasty. You have to go on week days to avoid waiting. Also barbecue is very tasty. Some dishes are very spicy. Taste of meat is also good. Nihari is also very tasty. There are two restaurants in Al Khobar. One is situated very crowded place and parking is also a problem. Second one can be found easily on Google near corniche road. One must go to this restaurant while visiting Al Khobar.

1  Thank Taimoor M
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We visited the Bundoo Khan with another family who happened to be Pakistani - they guaranteed food better than they could cook themselves. They definitely lived up to their words.
Although we had to wait for around 5 other, mainly Pakistani, families to be seated before us - I always say, if the country folk flock to a restaurant where their traditional food is cook then it must be good! I would suggest to avoid a Friday night as it is totally busy and parking was a slight challenge close to the restaurant. We were there around 9pm and waited 40 minutes (patience is golden).
The aromas as you walk in of spices knocks your socks off and is absolutely delightful - you are so eager to be seated and eating.
We allowed our expert dining companions to order and they chose a selection of mutton, chicken, lamb and beef dishes. The meal was served within a reasonable time frame and the waiters were doing a great job considering they were run off their feet. We had the traditional bread, yogurt and salad to accompany our meal and one dish was hot hot hot but we loved it.
Honestly this was such a delicious, authentic Pakistani meal and if ever your in AlKhobar, do yourself a favor and pop in for a meal. Prices seemed to be average and its a children friendly...except for the hot spicy meal perhaps.

1  Thank Charmaine M
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I really miss the food and taste of Karachi and then visit to Bundoo Khan in Al-Khobar, although quite difficult to reach because confusion is that they have two branches one is on 17th street and second is on 22nd street anyway car parking is also a problem but after facing all these hurdles you'll love the food and taste which is really really great, we tried BBQ, Chicken Tikka and Handi served with Tandoori Nann and Parathaas, also with some good fresh Salad and Raita (humm).
The most i like that in Pakistani restaurants the staff is not so much clean but in Bundoo Khan the staff is neat and dealing very professionally which is good.
I would love to visit again and again.

1  Thank Xeeshu