“Italian Family Restaurant with relaxing atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Piatto - Al Khobar

Piatto - Al Khobar
Ranked #4 of 245 Restaurants in Al Khobar
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Piatto is an exciting new chain of Italian restaurants in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that offers the best of “Fresh Italian Dining” in a relaxing atmosphere with a delightful Italian menu to share with friends and family. Translated as “Plate”, the name Piatto is synonymous to generous ‘plates’ of great food. We owe our growing popularity to authentic Italian recipes carefully prepared by our expert Chefs and the use of only the freshest ingredients.
“Italian Family Restaurant with relaxing atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Designed for families, this a nice place to come and visit for dinner. The restaurant is nicely decorated and well lit.

The food is tasty, but not out of this world. The menu does have a very diverse selection.

The service is great here. I ordered a burger, but the fries came out cold. I told me waited and within minutes I had fresh hot fries.

• Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
khobar
“Average - mainly due to the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was there for an early dinner with my wife (between 6 and 7 pm), so you would expect the service to be tentative as it is usually not busy with diners during this time of the day..
First, I have to give a lot of credit to the owner/or designer as they have done an outstanding job..the place is charming and the menu is full of options and great ideas for Italian food.
Despite the little crowd at the restaurant, it took the staff about 10 to 12 minutes to come and give us a menu! And the waiter was just soo cold and was in a rush and didn’t seem interested to talk about options in the menu or recommendations.
We had soup, pizza and pasta. They made a mistake with our pizza option..so, I decided to go with the pizza regardless of the mistake (I was being nice) and had them take the extra order they brought and asked them to take it off the bell (obviously). Apparently, they didn’t and when I asked them to remove it from the bell, they said simply they can’t because of system constrains..so I had to pay for it..it was little, but I thought it was rude and of course as a result of that, I didn’t tip for probably the first time in my life (I am a generous tipper).
Anyways, the pizza was average, the pasta we ordered was cold, the lemon juice my wife ordered was very very warm!
I don’t really think I ll go again, this can be a good place and it was probably me in the wrong place, the wrong time..but I just didn’t enjoy it!

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Ambience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The ambience of the restaurant was quite great. However, the food was very normal for me. But, the waiters were very cooperative and friendly. Overall I enjoyed my experience there with friends.

• Visited February 2013
AshAkbar, Online Community Manager at Piatto - Al Khobar, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
May I know what didn't you like about the food?
South Africa
“All-round excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Although the restaurant is in a building which has many empty shops, it is well decorated and there is a pleasant atmosphere. Service at the entrance was a bit slow, but once seated, the experience was all positive.
Service was friendly and prompt. Food was freshly prepared, tasty and good portion sizes. There were several good dessert options and the gelato is recommended.

2 Thank Nomad422
Riyadh
“Worst experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I would like to complain about the worst dining restaurant since I am in Saudi Arabia.
I periodically bring my wife and my five kids to Piatto Riyadh branch (close to Carrefour), and we really enjoy it.
Last week-end, we decided to go to the eastern region, and we wanted, after 4 hours driving, to enjoy a good Italian meal on the cornice of Khobar. (Piatto restaurant).
We usually ask a closed area. We registered on the waiting list, 8 families were waiting before us.
First, I was surprised to see the how it was very slow.
After almost 1 hour, I decided to go on the first flour to see what was happening there, and I saw from my own eyes, that 1 box was empty, and 2 families were almost done. There was 2 or 3 families before me, so I started to feel relieved. However, after 10 minutes, the Piatto employees did not call any families, and when I came back to the first floor, I could not believe that the boxes were already occupied, while, we had not been called. ( I had also given my mobile).
I realized then and concluded, that some Piatto employees do not respect the waiting list, and just favor other families .
There is no single doubt about that since another family was complaining about the same.

That is UNACCEPTABLE to see such behavior. I am still very upset. My evening and week-end were completely spoiled