“All-round excellence”

Piatto - Al Khobar
Ranked #5 of 265 Restaurants in Al Khobar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Piatto is an exciting new chain of Italian restaurants in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that offers the best of “Fresh Italian Dining” in a relaxing atmosphere with a delightful Italian menu to share with friends and family. Translated as “Plate”, the name Piatto is synonymous to generous ‘plates’ of great food. We owe our growing popularity to authentic Italian recipes carefully prepared by our expert Chefs and the use of only the freshest ingredients.
South Africa
“All-round excellence”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Although the restaurant is in a building which has many empty shops, it is well decorated and there is a pleasant atmosphere. Service at the entrance was a bit slow, but once seated, the experience was all positive.
Service was friendly and prompt. Food was freshly prepared, tasty and good portion sizes. There were several good dessert options and the gelato is recommended.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Nomad422

• Arabic first
Riyadh
“Worst experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I would like to complain about the worst dining restaurant since I am in Saudi Arabia.
I periodically bring my wife and my five kids to Piatto Riyadh branch (close to Carrefour), and we really enjoy it.
Last week-end, we decided to go to the eastern region, and we wanted, after 4 hours driving, to enjoy a good Italian meal on the cornice of Khobar. (Piatto restaurant).
We usually ask a closed area. We registered on the waiting list, 8 families were waiting before us.
First, I was surprised to see the how it was very slow.
After almost 1 hour, I decided to go on the first flour to see what was happening there, and I saw from my own eyes, that 1 box was empty, and 2 families were almost done. There was 2 or 3 families before me, so I started to feel relieved. However, after 10 minutes, the Piatto employees did not call any families, and when I came back to the first floor, I could not believe that the boxes were already occupied, while, we had not been called. ( I had also given my mobile).
I realized then and concluded, that some Piatto employees do not respect the waiting list, and just favor other families .
There is no single doubt about that since another family was complaining about the same.

That is UNACCEPTABLE to see such behavior. I am still very upset. My evening and week-end were completely spoiled

• Visited February 2013
“Best meal in Saudi”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant! The food was fantastic, the staff were very helpful and efficient and the atmosphere was great. The best meal I've had in Saudi!!! Highly recommended.

1 Thank Ofla2010
Cairo, Egypt
“Nice italian dinner!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food was excellent..try the tuscano steak , the salmon penne and the chicken marinara with penne..and of course dont forget the original italian gellato as dessert..

1 Thank MohmaherFamily
“Indulging...”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Amazing atmosphere! The interior design was so well planned that you actually feel you walked out of Saudi Arabia and into Italy. The food is really good and quality presentation. Staff are helpful (as long as you talk to waiters not kitchen helpers).

I ordered the steak and loved it!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank TravellerKhalid
AshAkbar, Visitor at Piatto - Al Khobar, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thanks for this short yet informative review.