“Nice walk, nice introduction to Al Khobar and the Gulf” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corniche

Corniche
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Al Khobar
More attraction details
Owner description: This picturesque boardwalk provides a lovely tiled walking surface as well as a jogging path
Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice walk, nice introduction to Al Khobar and the Gulf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Staying at the Intercontinental, I decided to walk down to the Corniche. It was Friday, so nothing was open along the way except a bodega, where I bought a Moussy and a water. Good thing too because it was hot. It took maybe 15 minutes to get to the Corniche area. It's a lot like other beach drives/walks... the water is the main attraction, along with the people. The first people I met were a group of Filipinos out for a Friday road-ride. They said they had ridden 70km - this made me a little jealous! I've been trying to keep in shape in the gym, but a nice ride would suit me about now. As I walked along, I came upon a group of young men having a picnic. They invited me to sit with them, which I took them up on. I was a little nervous telling them I am American (this is my first trip to the ME, and I'm still figuring out where I fit - as well as where I don't), but they put my mind instantly at rest. One of them was very interested in learning about America - he wants to come for college. They poured me several cups of spicy chai-style tea and fed me dates and snack mix. They also politely smacked me down for reaching for the dates with my left hand (something I tried to ingrain into my head in expectation of such an encounter!). We took some pictures together and I made my way back to the hotel. They tried to get me to stay for barbeque, or whatever they'd call it, but I politely declined... if I wasn't working tomorrow and was willing to risk a little stomach bug, my guess is that the food would have been great. Met a French worker on the way back looking to do some snorkeling. Not sure if he found anything good or not, but that may be an option for you. The walk back took me past several mosques that were busy with Friday services.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Brian H

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to hang out in winters!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great place to hang out at in winters mainly, mostly because of the hot cimate in Saudi Arabia!
Overall, love to visit it to have a great scenic view of the sea.

1 Thank Anonymous S
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Walks by the sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Downtown Khobar. A good place for walking or running and people-watching. Busy with families picnicking on weekends. Best walks are in cool weather.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“General,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Dont bother going here, same as a building site, when finished it will suit people who like to go and sit nx to pigs eating crap and wallowing in extreme humidity.
perfect get away for bored persons fond of doing nothing.

Mumbai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Dammam Corniche”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

A pleasant surprise in the dry region - a walk or a drive on this well maintained green stretch with the calm sea waves is just the thing one would want to feel relaxed.

Visited December 2012