“fabulous feeling that I had”

Le Meridien Al Khobar
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I liked to tell about my experience and The unique things that I've seen. when I traveled to Saudi Arabia for work .
I booked in Le Meridien alkhobar
when I reached the airport I was met by a luxury car provided by hotel and when I got to the hotel
In the entered the hotel staff met me with a beautiful smile and a warm welcome
.. And the receptionist allocated me to my room without The trouble of waiting
The room was comfortable with a high level of creativity
the view was Amazing .
that is not all
Every time I need anything I just call and they deliver at spot .I tested le café do pari restaurant , I saw a different and a wonderful dishes , after that the Chefs came to us welcomed me and my colleagues and ask us our opinion on the food and if we want to varieties certain foods and he is ready to prepare to us anything .

I spend a lovely days .i Promise my self I will bring my family on the Annual holiday
to Experience same fabulous feeling that I had.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 5, 2010

service good.rooms are good.location good.best location.food good.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Good service, Quality Food and Rooms Clean.
Good standard, as usual from Le Meridien.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2010

The hotel room was OK and quiet, that is for me at least a large bonus.
Jogging on the treadmill was OK too, at least they don't charge extra for that like some hotels. Staff etc were friendly and helpful , that was good.
As I didn't get out at all privately I can't say anything about the location or the surroundings.

Reviewed November 28, 2009

Stayed one night.

Good points - friendly staff,
spotlessley clean
good size room,
club lounge with coffee and small eats
impressive outdoor pool.

Would happily stay again or recommend to others.

Reviewed November 18, 2009

It turns out that I got an opportunity to stay at this hotel again - this was actually the first hotel I ever stayed at in the Kingdom. I don't think there have been any updates in that time, except for the new restaurant (Fusion).

I don't think that anyone who goes to this hotel will be surprised by the security - it's actually pretty good. There's the standard security at the gate, with a large barricade that must be lowered before you can drive in. Then, when you pull up to the entrance, there is a large machine gun mounted on an armored vehicle, all under camo netting. Given the location, and history of terrorist problems in Khobar, it's a prudent precaution to take.

The hotel inside doesn't look much different from when I was there ten years ago.

The front desk staff was pleasant and efficient, even though we arrived at a very late hour. My suitcase was brought up to the room on an executive floor in relatively quick time.

The rooms are a little on the small side. While the ceilings are very high, which helps, the room would feel a little tight if there was more than one person in the room. A bowl of fruit on the side table beside the arm chair was a nice touch.

The bed was comfortable, though, and the TVs have been replaced with flat panels, with the usual combination of foreign channels that you find in the Middle East. The rooms require that you insert your key into a slot by the door to turn on the power to the room, but the TV turns on every time, and always to a Starwood channel, not the channel you last watched - it was annoying.

The bathroom was where the room was lacking. The bathtub was high sided, which you don't see much any more, but the entire tub was raised a couple of inches higher than the rest of the room. This made it a little awkward when you step out of the tub, particularly when you're wet from the shower. Also, the particular brand of shampoo was the first I've encountered in hotels that I really didn't like - it seemed to make my hair greasy every day.

The towels were substandard - much too thin and scratchy. These are the types of towels I would expect to find in a small town motel 25 years ago, not in a purported luxury hotel.

Elsewhere in the bathroom, the toilet might be the shortest toilet I've ever used. It was uncomfortable to sit on, and difficult to use.

Being on an executive club floor gave us access to the lounge. The lounge appears to have been made from a few converted rooms, and is a little crowded. The service there was good, with drinks available all day, and breakfast in the morning and hors d'oeuvres in the evening. The breakfast was adequate, but without the selection I would have preferred. The evening hors d'oeuvres were good on the nights we tried them.

The only restaurant I used was the lobby restaurant - the food there was all good - not particularly gourmet, but what you would expect in a place like that.

Others have talked about the location. I never went out, but heard the same thing from colleagues there. From my point of view, the location was a nuisance, since it meant we had to struggle with rush hour traffic every morning.

If you need to stay in the area, you can certainly stay at this hotel and have a good experience. I would not go out of my way to stay there, but would likely use the hotel again on a future trip.

1  Thank CSL63
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Just got back from Al-Khobar. Very nice hotel with everything required (except a bar, obviously). Lovely quiet room with a sea view.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business