“Best service for single female”

Le Meridien Al Khobar
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Al Khobar
usa
“Best service for single female”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I had first class treatment all the ! They were overbooked and gave me the Royal Suite for 3 nights! The Club Service for breakfast was outstanding. It surpassed my expectations. As a single female staying here, I felt very safe. All of the staff from desk services to room attendant were number one. My room was very clean and the daily snacks were a nice surprise. There were pastries and fresh fruits left daily as well as finger sandwiches on occasion during my 10 day stay. I would only stay here and in a Club Room upon return to Khobar for a future visit. Other folks attending the meeting had numerous complaints about their accomodations. I will refrain from mentioning them since I did not stay at another hotel or partake of their services to speak first hand. I hope to post pictures here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
Oslo
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We used this hotel to host a sales seminar for all the local consultants and architects.

I was extremely satisfied with the assistance we got from the Meridien.

The head of food and beverage made time for me to look into my requests and appointed several people to assist me. We needed a direct internet connection to hook up a VPN router and the head of IT immediately made the necessary arrangements so we could bypass the login system. This VPN router was essential for the demonstration of our products and it means a lot for us if a hotel is willing to help us demonstrating it.

The hotel rooms are fantastic and the food is impeccable as always.

It felt we were treated as VIP guests, though everybody gets the same service.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank pietdv
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I spent 3 days in this hotel for my honeymoon, they put me in level 11, very nice view to sea, the room is nice put a little old, service is very good, the most I like in this hotel is the location next to restaurents(Macdonals, Burger king, some Italian and Lebaneese restaurents) and nice coffy shops...
If I'm going to there again I'll choice this hotel...

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank Tefu
Bangalore
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Wonderful view of the sea from the room and lovely ambience..... Lots of facilities for sports... Great hospitality and service!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank 360degreesBangalore
London
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Arrived after midnight from Riyadh. Check in fast and efficient. Rooms very old and worn compared to other places in the Kingdom very small. No recognition of Starwood Platinum membership. Woken up at 6:40 a.m. by building noise under my window, complimented by drilling at 6:50 a.m. When I complained to Manager on Duty, he was rude, unprofessional and did nothing to resolve the issue, claiming that most people would be awake at this time of the morning (he must have confused Saudi Arabia with NY or London). As such was lucky to get a little over 4 hours sleep. Lobby gives the impression of being in an airport terminal, with a luggage screening machine directly next to the entrance – lobby similar to the rooms old and worn. Not a Meridien at all from the standard. From pool area you can see how the hotel is falling to pieces from the outside. The only nice thing about the hotel is the breakfast buffet – seems to have been done up in the last couple of years. Unfortunately currently the best hotel in the area, however, a Moevenpick hotel scheduled to open very soon down the road – can only be better.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank STEPDI
UK
Reviewed January 17, 2007

Efficient check-in that politlely honoured my special requests. Slightly tired standard rooms and lobbly, but all rooms have sea views. Didn't spend much time in the hotel but the iron and the food that I had requested were promptly delivered to my room. Restaurant food was very good. Speedy check-out and friendly limousine service.

Stayed January 2007
5 Thank Mabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 29, 2006

This hotel is everything you expect from a five star hotel, especially the Meridien chain.

As a woman travelling by myself and it being my first visit to Saudi I was a little nervous. But all of the staff welcomed me and made sure I had everything I needed.

The location on the Gulf makes for a beautfiul view. And the location is very central. The rooms are spacious and it was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on in a hotel in a long time. There were at least six giant pillows and a great down comforter.

The club level has a nice breakfast room with the basics you expect. Although I couldn't convince anybody that scrambled eggs are better when they don't have the consistancy of runny oatmeal. There is also an area to use the internet for free and the other typical business center services are also available.

High speed internet is available in the rooms for an additional charge.

Overall the Meridien is an excellent hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank lolabug