“Great place to stay for a first timer to Saudi”

Le Meridien Al Khobar
Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Amazing room and customer service. Could be smoky for one reason or other in the lobby but not so much it is irritating. The restaurant has a great breakfast...learn to like the turkey sausage.
Clean room in a dusty place. Moevenpick another good choice. Check out the market in Al Kohbar.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael J

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great location, ample space for parking between palm trees. Well when I visited, their lobby was under renovation so I can only say it’s huge but it was a mess. I liked the rooms though, spacious, modern furnishings and fabulous color contrast with a balcony facing Al Khobar corniche. Hotel includes facilities like fitness club, pool, tennis court, over all good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SadiaSajid
han_de_windt, General Manager at Le Meridien Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear,

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We are pleased to let you know that the lobby renovation is finished and that there is no more mess when you come in. We are also ready with the terrace in our restaurant so next time you can enjoy some "al fresco" dining.

We hope to welcome you again soon in order to show you all our new facilities.

best regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed again at Le Meridien, Al Khobar, this time for 3 nights. We booked a Club Executive room and on checking in at the Club Lounge, Amr took us to a beautiful suite. A lovely surprise! Again, the service was excellent, with nothing too much trouble. Although the Club Lounge wasnt available and the temporary lounge isn't as elegant or as inviting as the usual lounge, the staff were as welcoming as ever and were quietly unobtrusive.

The suite was spacious with everything a guest could need and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have found in a hotel. The buffet breakfast had a great choice and the meals that we had in the restaurants were extremely good. My husband needs a gluten free diet and the waiter went out of his way to ensure that my husband's meal was suitable. I had the best steak there.

There is now a small gym exclusively for ladies, also a sauna. Although I did not try these, I was shown around and will probably make use of these on my next visit.

Although we originally booked for 2 nights, we had to stay an extra night for business reasons and this was handled quickly and easily. All in all another great stay and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review of your recent stay with us. We are proud to see that you liked our new facilities and renovated rooms and moreover our service delivery.
Although small in size, our new ladies exercise room means no more special time slots for using the gym, a great benefit to our female guests. Next time please tell us what you think of the experience.
Once again, thank you for your review and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is only 15-20 min away from King Fahd Causeway, located alongside the Khobar Corniche, where most of the restaurants, coffee shops and shopping malls are. It is easily notes from a distance as it’s situated just opposite the Corniche Water Tower.

I made my reservation through mobile using the hotels website, it was quick and made easy to use; on arrival the booking was confirmed and my check-in was very smooth, the same was my check-out with no complications what so ever. The hotel was clean, quiet and highly decorated and the staffs were too friendly.

The room was luxury, and clean, with small sofa, desk and LCD TV screen. The bedding was too comfortable, the toilet was very nice and clean and the balcony was big looking at the pool. It was equipped with a coffee machine, a water boiler and complimentary water, coffee and tea; there were lots of wires connection and charger so if you are bringing your camera, laptop or mobile phone you will find a wire connection. As for the Wi-Fi it is free only at the reception otherwise you have to pay for it.

The restaurants and the café were good and had an outstanding service; my breakfast was wonderful. The swimming pool on the other hand was nice and temperature controlled; the gym was very big and well equipped, as well as the sauna and the steam room.

It was a nice experience and a good escape for a short stay, the hotel is recommended and the price is affordable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank weldan077
han_de_windt, General Manager at Le Meridien Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Weldan,

Thank you for your very nice review of our Hotel. It is indeed rewarding for all of us to know that you had such a positive experience. Nice to see that you used our phone app to make your reservation. More and more people are booking directly with us as our online rates always match the lowest in the market through the different Starwood apps.
Also thank you for your nice description of our rooms and the photo's you posted.

in the hope of welcoming you again soon with us, I remain,

with best regards

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was regretting having to travel on the day of my birth. However, the regret was overcome as soon as I reached the Le Meridian hotel at Al Khobar today. Everyone at the reception knew it was my birthday today and together wished me for the same. They ensured that they gave me the best available room and not only that...the moment I checked into the room there was a lovely platter of pastries waiting for me to gorge on. As if that was not enough, they again sent me a full pound cake with a lovely Happy Birthday card along with it. The hotel really made my day special!!! I have earlier too stayed at the hotel and I have always liked their rooms and the friendly staff.
The rooms are spacious, well lit and the bed is king size with a very comfortable mattress to sleep on. Apart from the room, I really like the lobby of the hotel which has recently been renovated and has been done up very well. One is really kept busy in the hotel with so many things to do...They have a well equipped gym, squash courts, tennis courts, huge swimming pool and very well maintained sauna and steam. I enjoy using all their facilities and the support staff are always ready and eager to help.
In terms of food too this hotel has plenty of choices with many in-house restaurants and cafes. The food for the room service is very good with a variety of choices and efficient service.
Overall, I rate this hotel as one of the best as it takes personal care for all your needs and queries. It's as good as a home away from home...though a very luxurious one! Any hotel is as good as its staff and the staff of this hotel are the best!
I would recommend this hotel for all people and trips, whether business or leisure, and whether solo or with family...
Keep up the good work friends! Best of luck.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chandra_07
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Airport Transfers:
Easy and fairly inexpensive considering the distance between the property and the airport. It’s 175SR for a transfer which works out to about $47.00 but again not bad considering it’s about 45 min to 1 hour away.

Check-In
I checked in around 10:00pm and if was quick and easy and the front desk associate was very pleasant. No complaints here.

Room:
I stayed in a King Non-Smoking Club Room with Sea View. I was told the room was newly renovated upon my arrival and I looked forward to seeing the room. It was very nicely appointed and although very compact in my opinion for a Club Level room the décor was very inviting. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept well most nights. However, the walls seem thin and I could hear conversation, TV’s, and sliding doors to the balcony’s slamming at all hours. The desk is spacious and plenty of room to spread your work out, however, the desk chair was not comfortable at all. I had to get up quite often from how un-ergonomic and how much it hurt my back. The balcony was nice but no furniture is provided so you can’t do much more than stand and the ridiculous traffic noise from below will have you keeping your door shut most of the time anyway. The AC worked well but smelled musty each time it kicked on.

Club Lounge:
I didn't get to experience the Club Lounge that is shown on the hotel’s website on the 12th floor. The one that looks very modern and inviting. Apparently, during my stay there was someone “special” there and the top two floors were closed so the club lounge was shifted down to the second floor. It should have also been renamed to Old Living Room instead of Club Lounge. I am used to having drinks, snacks, etc available in the Club Lounge pretty much 24 hours a day at most properties. Not here! The few times I did visit the room was filthy with dirty plates and cups and the only items available were stale cookies and old coffee. It was a worthless amenity and I stayed on a “Club Level Floor” for absolutely no reason.

Service:
A good estimate is that I have probably stayed at well over 500 properties worldwide and I have never experience the horrendous service as I did here. I checked in on a Thursday and as of Sunday night I still had not received ANY housekeeping, ANY fresh towels, nothing. The first day was by request but the other two were on the hotel. I called Saturday evening and spoke with a front desk associate and said it would be taken care of. When I returned on Sunday…NOTHING. I called down and asked to speak with a manager and was told they were in a meeting. I then asked if I could have some fresh towels and water brought to my room as I had none left…45 minutes later still no towels and no water. I called again, asked for a manager, still in a meeting, asked again for towels, transferred three times, and waiting another 30 minutes before I finally received something as simple as towels and bottled water. Every time I picked up the phone to call for room service, a manager, a questions, anything no one would ever answer on the first try. I always had to call multiple times and be transferred multiple times for simple requests. I order room service on most nights because of my heavy work schedule, my order wasn't correct a single time. Nothing major, ask for no tomato still receive it. But from a supposed 5 star property I would expect a lot more. The manager by the way never called me back on his own accord. It took an email from me to reservations while I was still a guest to get a call and a lame email apology offering nothing to compensate for their horrible service. I really hate to say this but I saw with my own eyes two distinct different levels of service, one for Saudi’s and one for foreigners and that was a real shame.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CCTVTrainer
han_de_windt, General Manager at Le Meridien Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. I was most concerned to read about your disappointing service experience during your stay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is through feedback like yours that we can continue to work on improving our services. We recently introduced the "make a green choice" program and clearly we made mistakes in our communication and implementation of the program. Please rest assured that i have personally addressed the other shortcomings you have observed.
On a more positive note, thank you for your nice comments about our rooms.
I do hope that on your next trip to the Eastertn Province you give us the possibility to make up for your disappointing experience and allow us to show you that this is certainly not reflective of our normal standards.
With best regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

A wonderful stay on each occasion. The armored vehicle under desert canopy is a bit unnerving upon arrival -- as is the shoddily clothed, but heavily armed gate guard -- but the security is necessary at all high-end hotels. Parking needs to be re-allocated; it's frustrating that a five-star hotel has inadequate parking that forces some guests to park on the street. Food is pretty good, and the renovated rooms are very nice.

Room Tip: There are both unrenovated rooms and renovated rooms -- ensure that you ask for one that's been...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
han_de_windt, General Manager at Le Meridien Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Fairkim,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We appreciate you liked your stays with us and the renovated rooms. Sorry to read that you had parking problems. We have nearly 300 shaded parking spaces but indeed can get very busy.

we hope to see you back with us soon.
best regards