“Family weekend trip”

Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Al Khobar
Tennessee
“Family weekend trip”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My husband, son and I traveled to Khobar from Riyadh for the weekend. As soon as we saw the hotel from the room we knew we wanted to stay. It was quiet nice and the view was amazing. The staff was extremely friendly and my son was trying to get some candy even from the front desk and I told him no more and the manager brought him a handful. I thought that was very nice. They even helped us find good restaurants.

The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable we loved it but the best was the amazing view of the sea WOW breathe taking is all I can say.

The only thing is I wish we would have had an iron and coffee maker in the room. I like to iron our clothes before we leave and we do not always have time to ask and wait for one and we always want to start our day with coffee when we wake up. The noise from the renovations started so early and woke us all up at 7 am which I could have done without but other then these small things this place is perfect.

The price though is VERY expensive and you would expect a bit more with the high price.

Room Tip: get the water view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Rooms are a bit tired but entirely adequate (rennovation is in progress but not moving that fast). Restaurant and breakfast is good but staff are not very engaged in serving, which is shame. I lost my phone case in the lobby and it was found (thanks) but locked away and no-one knew where the key was to find it.I left without it. So clearly no systemstic approach in handling lost property.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Riyadh
Reviewed December 24, 2010

I stayed in the room 1030 on the tenth floor. The room faces the sea, even the city lights of Manama, Bahrain are visible at a distance.

The hotel has all the facilities one would like to have. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. I feel it has a good value for money.

Some rooms on three floors are under renovation, which had some disturbing noises, but I was informed about this even before I booked the room at the counter. The renovation should not take much time.

But surprisingly, the room rates did not offer complimentary breakfast like other hotels, at which I was surprised.

Highly recommended for those who want to be close to the corniche and ready to spend on an indulging experience!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Herent, Belgium
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This hotel is a typical business hotel and nothing more than that. I had a suite room (not even so big) and in my opinion it was over priced.
The hall way in my room was wet from the air-conditioner but the bed was good.
Because of the room, breakfast was included and this was good. Nothing about that.
Personnel in the hotel was Arabic and Philippine/Indian (as all hotels in the middle east) and they were correct and friendly (as all hotels in the middle east).

I think I can have the same service and quality for a better price. Also in Al Khobar.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Great help from the staff on setting up rooms. Everything worked the first time. Security is kind of a joke. They have a luggage scanner but it is rarely staffed. The truck outside under the camo with machine guns is much more impressive and probably a better deterant.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I recently spent a couple of nights at Le Meridien during a business trip to Al Khobar. The hotel was absolutely full when I arrived - in fact I took the last available room - so I guess you could say it is a popular place to stay. The hotel has everything that you would expect for a hotel of this standing and repuration (sans alcohol, of course), but there were one or two glaring omissions, like a coffee station in the room, and free internet (why don't all hotels include this in the price nowadays?).
I stayed on the 8th floor, which has its own lounge where you can relax after work, and have breakfast in the morning. My room was nice, except that maintenance had to spend half an hour fixing my lock on arrival. I used the fitness center while I was there, and found everything I needed. The pool was good too, except that there was nobody there to keep me primed with cold cokes.
I would definitely stay here again next time around (it's certainly much nicer than the Carlton Hotel down the road!).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
nicostar, Manager at Le Meridien Al Khobar, responded to this review, October 3, 2010
Dear Sir,

The Le Meridien Al Khobar family is delighted to host you in our hotel. We thank you for your comments & bringing your opinion to our attention.
Our signature Illy coffee is available to all our guests. A free coffee voucher is available in your Arrival Experience Envelope found inside the room. You can use this voucher to order from our room service or avail in the Tea Lounge.
We are currently undergoing a full room renovation which we trust will make our rooms even more comfortable. New rooms will include coffee station as one of the room amenities besides full wired and wireless connectivity, DVD player & I-pod station as well as improved working space. Internet will be available for free in our Le Meridien Club floor as well as in the lobby & Tea Lounge.

Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you again in Le Meridien Al Khobar in your next visit to the Eastern Province.

Le Meridien Al Khobar Management & Staff
Roma
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed in this hotel twice this year, for business.

The hotel was one of the first luxury hotels to open in Al-Khobar, and was in need of a renovation, that is starting this summer (2010).

I stayed in rooms not yet renovated, but I found the accomodation very comfortable, only a little bit outdated. Most rooms have a view of the sea. The rooms have a flat screen TV with local and international channels and wired Internet access.
I used the laundry service and all the items were returned promptly.

The lobby area was probably very stylish and luxurious when the hotel was built, but now it looks outdated. The luggage screening machine does not help to improve the appearance of the lobby area. However it is very comfortable and suitable for informal meetings or just to spend some time.

The hotel has two restaurants and a lobby bar (perfect for a quick lunch).

I tried only one of the restaurants (Cafè de Paris), and I have to say that the food quality was from very good to excellent: every evening there is a different buffet (indian, mexican, barbecue, seafood, etc.) and especially the indian buffet was excellent.
A very good breakfast buffet is served in the same restaurant.

The hotel has an outdoor pool and a fitness center very well equipped with last generation machines.

The hotel offers a limousine service that can arrange for transportation to and from the local businesses and Dammam airport, at a price only slightly higher than a standard taxi.
We booked in advance the transportation from Dammam airport to the hotel. We were late on arrival in Dammam and there was a long and slow queue at immigration control: however we discovered that the driver had waited for us although it was late in the night, and he also offered us bottles of mineral water. Not only he definitely deserved a good tip, but this gave us a very good first impression of the quality of the services provided by the hotel.

Staff is very efficient and corteous.

Regarding the competition by other newer hotels, having had lunch in a couple of them, I can say that maybe the newer hotels can provide fancier facilities but the staff is much less experienced and efficient, and I would definitely prefer the Meridien over the new ones.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business