“Better than I expected”

Holiday Inn Al Khobar
Ranked #21 of 82 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had read some unfavourable reviews on here and was expecting the worst before I arrived. The hotel was selected entirely due to it's close proximity to a training centre that I had to attend for a work-based course. There is nothing else around the area other than busy roads and schools which make the traffic worse at peak times.
The hotel is tidy enough and the staff were courteous, though they did seem overly busy and preoccupied at the front desk. I was given an upgrade to an executive room facing inwards over the pool area due to my platinum status. I can only comment on this room.
The beds were very comfy, the room was tidy and clean, the air con worked well and the bathroom modern and fully functional.
I had the buffet dinner on both nights; the quality and choice were good but it was a little overpiced in my opinion. There is nothing in the way of alternatives locally though.
I would stay again if I needed to be in that area, but not if I needed to be in Khobar in general.
Don't use the hotel taxi service as it's very overpriced - do your homework and call a reputable company yourself.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Eggn0g,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

- house keeping slow
- can't handle guests
- duty manager not professional
- Internet slow
- room smells
- towels not renewed
- not enough parking lots
- no valet service
- bell boys always not available

Do NOT stay at this place

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Battuta500,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us.

I am concerned to read the troubles you had during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with our housekeeping services and truly sorry for the service level you received was less than satisfactory.

Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and rest assured that actions will be taken to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service, comfort & security that they expect when staying at our hotel. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M

Reviewed September 3, 2013

went to attend an Iftar Party but it looks like they are not ready for the hoard of people joining the Iftar.

They had to take out 10 long tables from the Bachelor Area & transfer to the Family Area.

Food is not that good as well, it's like just dining in a regular restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mannie G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Mannie G,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is good for business trips into Khobar/Dammam/Dhahran Saudi Arabia. The internet connection is good. Restaurant food is interesting and varied. Only issue is that you need to take a taxi everywhere. There is no shopping within walking distance.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are good
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SWSHouston
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed in this Holiday Inn several times on business, most recently May 2013. The facilities are fine, and I have found the staff to be friendly and courteous. The buffet meals in the restaurant were consistently of good quality, but frequently I wanted a lighter meal & was able to order from the room service menu & eat in the cafe area.
The wifi is good & the gym well equipped.
You will need a taxi / hotel car to take you anywhere, be sure to book these daily and confirm you want picking up too. I generally fly back from Bahrain & its an easy car ride to the airport.
One tip if you're meeting local colleagues, the hotel is called Holiday Inn Al-Khobar but must locals think the Al-Khobar one (there are 3 Holiday Inns in thisnarea) is on the Corniche. Make sure confirm which one you're staying at.

Room Tip: Inside facing rooms are a lot quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chismb
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Good accomodation.
Very must suited for business traveller.
Old corridor's but over all comfortable and good service.
Breakfast choice & service is excellent.
Check in & Check out is very very quick.
I would recommend this hotel for those who don't want to stay at crowded place in Al Khobar & Dammam.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rsoodmail
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The reception is very helpful.
Hotel is clean in general, with a enough space inside the room.
Breakfast is good with an excellent pan cakes.
I would advise not to take a street view room.

Disadvantage: Hotel is far from any shop.

Hotel offers only one small bottle of water per day.
I have asked the room service for a big bottle of water on room account, and the bill was 14 SR, which is 7 times the outside price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank enghaj
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear enghaj,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I am delighted you enjoyed the breakfast and found our hotel clean. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D