“There were Good Times and There were Bad Times”

Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay
Ranked #43 of 80 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was a mixed set of emotions. Starting on a Slow Checkin to a First floor rooms. That were supposed to be sea facing.. but ended up with pool facing. the in room amminities were poooor... The TV channels were limited.. Good Internet speed though.. very poor lighting. The bathroom looked like a bad movie scene.. cheap accesories.. actually meant for the Acardia. The Staff were the only good thing.. During the Iftar there were coupons and prices.. apparently only the guests of the managers won it. And it was insulting.. because being there 3 days in a row.. you would see the managers going to the raffle guy and telling him so and so numbers.. and then there is the food. not everything was goodl.Homour and dill was so over cooked and dill was too much.. the Garlic sauce for the Shawarma.. was some kind of liquid. The Chicken curry was pepper not even ground and bay leaves and a raw taste of masala.. I gues the Chef knew only 2 soups.. Lentil and Mushroom. 3 days in a row. The Deserts also gave no suprise.. same thing day after day.. and also. they served vimto and some wdrink.. no originality. There was no variety in the food. The good was the steak. and grilled potato. The swimin pool was nice. the rooms were big.. Cheap furniture.. and space that they could have done a lot with. lighting was even horrible.in the room. come on guys.. make it up better. the refreshments in the mini bar was poor choice.. and the lighting in the mini bar was out. the room did not have much electricity outlets.. some did not work. the AC was too cold.. Dont know How it is under the IHG group. I would like to see a management change or even a change in the name so that HI is not spoiled.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raymon T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Raymon T,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I booked into the resort for 3 nights and use the chain regularly for business travel. However this is probably the worst hotel I have stayed in the last 3 years.

Understanding that hotel’s are busy during the summer, I arrived at check-in at 18:00 rather than the 15;00 of the booking. The room was still not ready.

While waiting I ordered food from the poolside restaurant (which is room service) only order a basic pizza and what arrived was not what was ordered.

The AC in the room had not cooled the room after 3 hrs. called the reception and they sent up an engineer. After 20 mins it was fixed.

I the morning went to have a shower to find the bathroom had no towels, then neither reception nor house keeping answered their phones (just as well I had a beach of my own) & there was no hot water.

Breakfast service was not at the published times, and when it did arrive it was only 1/2 what was supposed to be.

Upon return to the room 12hr later it had not been touched, so still no towels.

Having spoken with the management, i received kind words but little action.

I have shortened my stay and booked into a different hotel for my last night.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank paul L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear paul L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great resort on halfmoon bay with private beech, but poor staff. The impression is evident upon initial contact with the front desk staff. When I requested a villa with breakfast included, I was told: "that is impossible", and when I spoke to the manager Mr Jasim, he said: "can't do anything about your reservation"!

The pool was occupied by nearly 30 males playing water ball with loud yelling. These were actual guests (company employee gathering).

In short, my family holiday was ruined & gone bad.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank DrKhalil
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear DrKhalil,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the level of service provided during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Please see a complaint I have just placed:

Please be informed that we visited the hotel ( coupon nos 0508/9) for lunch this afternoon. The problem arose at the main gate when we drove to it. The Arabic speaking security asked to come out. When enquired he said in Arabic he would when we come out of the car and go to him. There he asked to buy the coupon before we entered. I told him he should have come to us from his cabin but he said all guest must come to them! There were three guys from the hotel in the cabin but none wanted to come to the car. may be to avoid 452 degree heat. I THOUGHT THIS WAS NOT THE RECEPTION WE GET AT HOLIDAY INN. Mind you I have visited Holyday Inn all over the world and live next to one in Khobar, AND FIND IT ODD that an attendant asks the guests to come out of their car to take the coupon from them!! Is it your policy to do so?? Or they were being lazy??

Please clarify.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank anwar k
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Nice resort ,excellent view Nice to have a bed room with Sea View and free car park infornt and comfortable rooms, comfortable rooms, good spa and leisure facilities,and realy its amazing resort ,,I have stayed here a few dayes and it is now my resort of choice in al khobar

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank NaNa khan
Reviewed February 23, 2013

It was relaxing, sea view was amazing. However, you can`t swim at the inland pond as the water discharges into the sea!!. The pool was only 1.5 M .. :( ...Tall!! can not in any way enjoy a swim. They also have to reconsider the food as it was't "ok" for me.... and very expensive with compare to other resorts existing in a very close country that links between two countries a bridge!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ExHuMeS
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear ExHuMeS,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the pool arrangement and the food selection. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This used to be the best resort in khobar area, location and facility, un fourtionatly, no renovation so far, you get in you smell the food, wish to place glass separator between the restaurant and lobby
Also the chalet is with the same furniture since 5 years, it is old, edges are broken
They need to take care otherwise will lose business

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family