“Best Italian Restaurant in Saudi Arabia”
Review of Mangiamo

Mangiamo
Ranked #39 of 251 Restaurants in Al Khobar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mangiamo Restaurant offers a variety of mouth watering authentic Italian dishes, impeccable service, and a wonderful Atmosphere.Come and enjoy the Italian traditions of food and hospitality
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Best Italian Restaurant in Saudi Arabia”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Kitty M Brokaw
Ladies and gentlemen of Dhahran, you must visit Mangiamo's Ristorante and Pizzeria in Al Khobar for lunch or dinner. My friend Jelena Piergiovanni 's husband Valter is the Executive Chef and it is by far the BEST Italian food I have had since Italy. It far surpasses anything you will have in thid region including Bahrain. Susan Schultz Wilson and I highly recommend it to anyone! The most superb service, private rooms so you don't have to wear abayas, the Chef personally came out and recommended his best dishes, and the decor of the restaurant is gorgeous. And we had a jewelry show at our table to top it all off, thanks Jelena! Like nothing else here in Saudi -- go try it!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kbrokaw1

• Arabic first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“More than Just the Food”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A group of ladies celebrated a friend's birthday in Mangiamo's private dining room recently. Without any fuss at all, Chef Valter put together a fantastic set menu for us; followed up to check that we were happy with everything; and welcomed us at the door on the evening. There were even fresh bouquets of flowers on the table! The dishes were tasteful and well-presented; the service absolutely faultless - a rarity in Khobar! As a vegetarian, I couldn't have been happier with the choices: baked aubergines, stuffed mushrooms, an interesting tofu main course. Undoubtedly, we could have been anywhere in the world and the service couldn't have been more attentive. We felt thoroughly spoilt! Thank-you Chef Valter and the team at Mangiamo.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank NewtotheZoo
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Great Food, Great Party”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My friends organized a birthday party for me at Mangiamo’s last Wednesday. We had the private room and a set menu recommended by head Chef Valter.
The starters were amazing, we had aborigine parmiggiana, stuffed mushrooms, salt and pepper calamari and César salad to mention a few. We had a choice of three main meals, beef, chicken or fish. I choose the salmon with mustard sauce and it was absolutely delicious. The food was fresh and cooked to perfection. We finished off the evening with coffee and a beautiful Tiramisu birthday cake prepared by Chef Valter.
I would like to thank all the staff for a wonderful evening. Everything was well planned even down to beautiful fresh flowers on the table which added that warm touch to the evening and made it that extra special for us.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Brooke4370
“Special Dining Experience”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have eaten here twice; once celebrating a marriage and once with my husband. The first time celebrating the marriage we got the tasting menu. Course after course came out, almost everyone surprisingly delicious. I was not impressed with the pizza or dessert (tiramisu) of this...but everything else was great...steak and prawns, salad, ravioli, calamari, bruscetta, etc. Not sure how much that cost...I didnt foot the bill...but it was impressive. Too much food though....hated the waste...

The second time I visited with my husband and the food was delicious. He got a steak and I got ravioli...cant remember which kind...everything was great...and the atmosphere very romantic. The biscotti at the end and an espresso added a nice touch...we had a semi private candle lit seat...a rare find here :)

Will return for date night..

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank whyYesIamafoodie
“Its good, but not that good.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

People who say that this place is excellent have been in Saudi for to long.
I agree that it is one of the best Italian restaurants in Khobar, but back in Europe or states this would be an average Italian restaurant.

• Visited February 2013