“Limited menu”

Maharaja by Vineet
Ranked #207 of 258 Restaurants in Al Khobar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Maharaja by Vineet is the legendary Indian restaurant of the 5-Star rated, Movenpick Hotel Al Khobar. It is a 56-seater, fine-dining culinary venue for gastronomers to experience the opulent atmosphere, first class service and sumptuously exceptional Indian cuisine. Vineet Bhatia, the globe-trotting super chef who owns Michelin-starred restaurants in London and Geneva, turns Indian tradition into cutting-edge dishes. Specialties include live Tandoori cooking stations and innovatively rethought Indian classics including the modern-day "Tiffin" Business Lunch with fares that range from Chilled Tomato and Coconut Soup, Jalpari Kebab, Tawa Lamb Tikka with Risotto and Naan, Murgh Makhanir, Dal Maharani and Gobhi Manchurian. Open Monday through Saturday, 12:00 noon to 3:00 pm for lunch and 6:30 to 11:00 pm for dinner, Maharaja by Vineet is set in an elegant ambience and is highly popular with local diners.
“Limited menu”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

First visit, most probably the last as well. Food we orderd was good but nothing special. The menu was kinda limited....

• Arabic first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Authentic Indian cuisine in a 5 star service”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is not the first time I eat here but I read today that chef vineet is in town and right away I made a reservation to eat dinner there.

I went with my family and I had the set menu and my kids had a la cart orders.

The soup was perfect crab meat with tomato soup and lemon grass.

The lamb chops with rice is out of this world and u can imagine the rest.

Great meal and great service.

Staff were friendly and they made sure to address me with my name.

I will be back for sure

• Visited October 2013
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“excellent.............for Al Khobar”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I happen to reside 10 minutes away from this rediscovered gem - I say rediscovered because my previous experience at this restaurant was an underwhelming aggregate of uninspired, tepid fare and service that was a shambles. This was last year - 2012.

This year, to the joy of my tantalised tastebuds, Maharajah has regained its esteem in the opinion of my palate while it has been detrimental to my waist size and wallet. I have eaten here 3 times over the past week and ordered take-out for lunch twice.

The chicken masala and the prawn curry have been the stand-out dishes of my culinary myopia. They have been portions of rich, well spiced and unctuous curries with exquisitely fluffy naans as accompaniment. The chicken makhani (butter chicken) has also fared well in the opinions of my guests. The menu is limited (perhaps because I was on an Indian bender) but everything the kitchen turns out is prepared by a chef with a deft touch and a nose for spices.

The ambience is rather dark and the candles fight a losing battle to keep the darkness at bay. It is, however, overshadowed (no pun intended) by the excellent and attentive service.

This place is not value for money when compared to other restaurants ( I use this term loosely in Khobar) in Khobar with a meal for 2 including 2 starters, 2 mains, rice and naan setting me back 600SR or $160. For the quality of food, in an area that has a dearth of quality - I would happily fork this out.

Now I just need to buy some pants with an elastic waist, increase the limit on my visa, and go forth and sample the rest of that menu!

TIP 1: do not use the cold towels offered by the waiters, as they smell fresh on the surface but have this underlying smell of damp - this has been the case every singly time I have been.

TIP 2: wear pants - I was turned away the 1st time, but was offered a spare thobe (Saudi men's robe) on my 2nd offence .

• Visited September 2013
Mumbai
“Great food to have in Dammam”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As always Chef Vineet Bhatia has not disappointed us. I was in Dammam, Saudi Arabia for a business trip and nothing to do in the evening. One of my business colleague suggested Maharaja by Vineet in Movenpick, AL-Khobar. I was impressed with the place they have made in Dammam. I was apprehensive in visiting this place as was not sure how the food would be.

All my doubts were thrown out of the window when I took the first bite. The food was excellent and the service top rated. I would like to visit the place every time I go to Dammam and would recommend all my friends to visit if they are in that side of world.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank imsam
Menstrie, United Kingdom
“One of the very best.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have eaten here a few times over the last couple of years. I am vegetarian so the menu is always limited. However, the food and the service has always been very good. Today's set lunch menu was phenomenal. It was not cheap, but it was five courses including coffee and petit fours. It started with poppadums and sauces. Simple but effective. The starter was a set of interlocking dishes, when together form a glass cone, of a small salad, cold tomato soup and riata. Very unusual and tasty. The main course was a small tower of rice, a savoury potato cone covered in yogurt and vermicelli, nan bread and three small portions of main course - a dhal, panir and baby corn, and tempura cauliflower in a spicy glaze. The pudding was one gulab jamon in a saffron sauce, with pistachio Indian ice-cream. This was rounded off with coffee and petit fours. I ate at 14.00 and haven’t bothered to eat this evening – well-stuffed, I am. For creativity, taste and variety, you cannot beat it.

• Visited April 2013