“My Eid Holiday”

Mercure Al Khobar
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Al Khobar
“My Eid Holiday”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I spent my eid holiday here and it was superb!!! Facilities are clean and staff are very friendly especially Filipino Staff. Taxi is difficult during noontime. Need some signage outside due to the construction nearby.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Oj-Lakwatsero
Ayman A, Front Office Manager at Mercure Al Khobar, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Mercure hotel alkhobar, and many thanks for your comments which is very important for us in order to improve our services.
we are looking forwards to welcomes you again at Mercure Hotel Alkhobar.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 2, 2014

During check in frontdesk mployee charged me although I used accor hotel membership points. He does not know that is all about. Next day asked another one and he could help me and refund my money.
No body invited me to drink when I checked in as accor hotel member.
No secured and shaded parking specially construction job is going around

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing Mercure Hotel Al-Khobar and you feed back which is very useful for us to improve our services and product, and we are looking forwards to welcomes you again at Mercure Al-khobar.

Best Regards

Ayman Al-Banawy
Reviewed May 15, 2014

It is the many little failures that mount up the mammoth frustration. This is an unmanaged 3 star hotel at best.
First after a long flight you enter the room and the electricity an AC will go on and off like a Turkish prison torture. I call the reception thinking I will receive a huge OMG we are sooooo sorry we will change the room immediately but to get the "we know we have problems with the key slot so put a sugar pack with the key to hold it still".
They send maintenance later and he does the same thing, a paper and a sugar pack to hold the key still so I can have a night of stress worrying will the sugar pack keep my AC on in the heat of the night.
The iron had a defected plug so was unable to rush out of my room to an important meeting in a wrinkle free shirt and a suit.
To make a cup of herbal tea in the middle of the jet lagged night I needed a Prozac to recover from the frustration of the kettle cord being too short to reach the plug with the choices of breaking my back trying to move the heavy piece of furniture closer to the socket or carrying the tray with kettle attached to it to the bathroom and hold it close to the wall socket till the water boils. Heck who needs herbal tea if you are about to hang yourself anyway to put yourself out of your misery.
The restaurant on the 10th floor is with a nice view and buffet has a good selection of food but it is definitely not 5 star quality but you are bound to have something you like as the selection is quite variable. Rooms were clean and well furnished. So if you have never been to a 5 star hotel you may be fooled by the appearance. I was not.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ayman A, Front Office Manager at Mercure Al Khobar, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear our Valued Guest ,
Please be informed that key problem already solved,
we are looking forwards to welcomes you again at Mercure Hotel Alkhobar.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Good hotel overall - housekeeping cleaned the room well and refilled/restocked items regularly.

The furniture is a little old and tired but not a big deal. Food at the top floor restaurant was good and the view as refreshing in the morning. Gym and pool were basic but good enough for my workouts.

Location is not bad - you need to walk 10-15 minutes to the nearest mall

Hotel staff was kind and ready to help at all times

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a window.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear our Valued Guest ,
thank you very much for choosing Mercure hotel alkhobar, and many thanks for your comments which is very important for us in order to improve our services at our hotel,we are looking forwards to welcomes you again at Mercure Hotel Alkhobar.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and there is nothing outstanding, either positive or negative to report here. It is a good clean average business hotel. It is a little "tired" in its interior decor but I understand that there will be a gradual refurbishment over the next 12 months. Maintenance is a little slack as I had to change rooms twice after check-in as, in the first room the TV was not working and in the second room the TV and the phone were not working. In the end I was given a room that ticked all the boxes from an operational point of view.

The room was around 32sqm which is not bad in the MENA region. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Everything in the bathroom was OK but the towels were a little threadbare. The TV has a good selection of English language Stations as well as all the major European news outlets (French, German, Spanish & Italian) as well as 3 CCTV channels from China.

I ate both lunch and breakfast in the upstairs buffet restaurant which was very satisfactory although not particularly adventurous. The food was well prepared and professionally presented. It was a fairly standard 4 star international selection but there is no reason anyone could complain. During a long stay here, the food could become a little monotonous as the selection is basically the same every say.

For a stay of a few nights, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel if the traveler is not looking for a total 5 star experience but is happy with good 4 star value for money.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the rear of the hotel as they come with a beach view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Broaders
Ayman A, Front Office Manager at Mercure Al Khobar, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Hotel Alkhobar.and
we believe that your comments is very useful for us to improve our services.

Thank you again for choosing Mercure Hotel Al Khobar and we are looking forwards to welcomes you again.