“Value for Money”

Crowne Plaza Al Khobar
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Comfortable rooms (as long as they are not street facing), Good breakfast at the Coffee Shop. You will have to wait a bit during check-ins and check outs as the Front Desk is often short staffed. Room service menu is very limited. Service in the themed restaurants is slow and inconsistent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Joshua C,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is nice to know that you found the room to be comfortable and the breakfast good. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had at check-in and check-out. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a regular business traveller throughout the Middle East, and often stay in the Crowne in Riyadh (the quality in Riyadh led me to stay in the Al Khobar property).

March 24th was my first (and last) stay in the Al Khobar property.

In the afternoon, I received an unnecessary telephone call from the hotel (interrupting a meeting) to ask when I would specifically arrive -- the woman who called was persistant in wishing to know the specific time.

Upon arrival, there was no bell service to help me with my luggage -- I carried my own. I also had to beg the valet to park my car.

The confirmed (and previously paid for) Deluxe King room was substituted with a regular twin bed room -- we'll be sorting this one out through the credit card company. There was no mention of this substitution at check-in (a good hotel will substitute upwards if the room under contract is not available, or at the very least will discuss the situation with the customer).

Upon checkout, again, no one was available to help with the luggage -- carried it all myself.

The valet was nowhere to be found at check out: the front desk simply gave me the car keys, and literally said I would have to search for the car -- they at least gave me the general direction of where I might find the parking lot.

For the price of the room -- definitely go where your business is valued: at this place, once they have your money, the service is over.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank T S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear T S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the service you have received during your stay. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Location is excelant. However, rooms located on the Main Street are very noisy due to passing cars and trucks. The windows are very dirty from outside, you can barely see ( I added some pictures of the glass). The receptionist are not friendly. Although, I would like to thank the duty manager Mr. Bader for his help and understanding. I was not considered as a platinum member of the Priorty club. They had available suits but didn't offer me an upgrade due to high season as justified by front desk manager Mr. Abdullah Al Harbi.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Waelalem
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Waelalem,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is pleasing to know that our location was excellent for your needs. However, I regret that the condition of the room you were given was a disappointment. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 22 days. I will start with issues that I had during my stay. On a few occasions I could smell cigarette smoke in my room which I assumed was coming from an adjacent room. Fortunately this only occurred approximately four times. My biggest complaint is the parking. The parking garage for me was a nightmare. I drove a four door Yukon truck but the parking area appeared to be designed for small vehicles. It was such a issue for me that I refrained from leaving the hotel if I had a decent parking space. Now for the good. The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. I had no problem getting a good nights rest every night of my stay. The food in the hotel, although pricey in my opinion, is excellent. On numerous occasions I ate at the Asian restaurant in the lobby area. The server went out of his way to give great service. Room service is fast and the gentlemen that deliver the food are very professional and polite. The breakfast is one of the best I have had in a long time. The gentleman responsible for the cleanliness of the floor I stayed on impressed me the most. The effort he (Yathisha) put into his work is commendable. Out of the my numerous stays in Khobar and Hofuf, Yathisha impressed me the most by his work ethic, professionalism and attention to detail. Over all I was very impressed with the service of all the workers and in my opinion this is what attributes greatly to a positive stay at any hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Todd W
CPAlKhobarManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us.It is gratifying to know that we were successful in our focus in guest satisfaction. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again to the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar.

Best regards.

Crowne Plaza Al Khobar Management

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was in a good location for my visit to my client. It is fairly representative of the Crown Plaza chain, considering its location. The room was very nice (European styling) and very comfortable/functional at a good price. The buffet breakfast was "good", and service "OK. I had checked in late one night, and Saudi Airlines had most my luggage. Upon check-in, I asked if I could get a "travelers kit" (most decent hotels have a little kit with a toothbrush, shaver, etc. in it for times like this). The desk clerk said "he'd have one sent-up". I waited 2 hours (it was after 2am by this time) and when I toddled downstairs to check on this the same desk clerk responded to my inquiry with "I TOLD YOU SOMEONE WOULD BRING ONE UP" (in a very surly tone). I (calmly) explained I had a meeting at 0800 hrs, which meant I had to get up in less than four hours to get ready, grab some breakfast and plan for the car time to the client. I left him with "if you can't do it in the next 30 minutes, I'm going to sleep and you can just abort this whole combat mission". It never materialized... I wish Hilton had more properties in The Kingdom. On a more positive note, there is a Thai restaurant in the hotel that is fantastic. For those of you that read my reviews, you know Angus is a bit of a Thai Food maven, and this is as good as it gets!

Room Tip: Good luck on the rooms - the place was doing a remodel, and I had a great room (new one in a Europea...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlaza_AlKhobar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about our hotel. We always welcome comments from our guests as it gives us the opportunity to review our product and work on improvements. We assure you that we have taken the necessary steps to remedy the issue you have mentioned.

We look forward to your next visit.

Adel Al Mahboob

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Staying in a hotel for over 4 weeks usually becomes a challenge with boredom and an element of over familiarity creeping in with the staff knowing you too well. Not so here as at all times there is a very professional standard maintained by all the staff.Of course nothing is perfect and the criticisms of costs of eating in the restaurants is totally justified. The breakfast buffet is excellent although keeping all the hot dishes warm seems a challenge at times.Housekeeping is first class
and can not be faulted. Rooms are large and very well furnished although the multitude of light switches is confusing. IT works well after initial installation ( a challenge in itself).Reception and check in work perfectly at all times. There are lots of hotels in Khobar but would always come back here - not cheap but very very good.

Room Tip: The higher the better to avoid the street noise

To Our Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. I appreciate the compliments of our 3 restaurants such as Primavera, Hin Hao and Marakesh. Please accept my apologies that you were not fully satisfied with our room accommodations, internet services. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into. I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here for 08-nights (09 to 17-Dec'12). Was on a business trip. Room offered was good, quite spacious, clean and housekeeping was efficient and prompt. Though I had to change my room as the one which I had asked for was not avaialble on the day I checked in. The only problem I faced was wi-fi which was horrible. The other problem I faced was getting my Priority Club points credited towards this stay. Though it was eventually done, but I had to offer them a lot of information which they could have easily taken from the hotel.
The duty manager Mr. Bader Alsulaiteen was helpful.
Restaurant staff (all 3 restaurants, Chinese, Moroccon & Buffet) were good. The buffet menu should be more creative and more receptive towards guest needs. I hope they take into account guests present in the hotel before deciding on the buffet menu.
Overall a good experience

Room Tip: If wi-fi is important ensure a commitment from the hotel before booking a room

Dear Valued Guest,