“Mr. Sherif Marei”

Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Al Khobar
“Mr. Sherif Marei”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I spent 2 nights here and couldn't have been happier. The staff are a delight, so helpful and charming. Excellent hotel with attentive service and spacious pleasantly designed room. In center of town. The General Manager and all the executive committee members are always available to greet the clients and hear the feedback. Service in all aspect was punctual, professional and up to the standard. Good team spirit and pride between all staff members is obvious. Special thank you to Mohamed Shoukry - Dir. Of Rooms- and all front office members for exceeding my expectation during my stay. I would recommend the Intercontinental Al Khobar without any hesitation to all type of clients whether your purpose is business or leisure.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sherif M
ICKHOBAR, General Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, March 5, 2014

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to many more opportunities of serving you in your future travels.

InterContinental Al Khobar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed at the Intercontinental Al Khobar for a two night business trip. I have stayed here several times for work and normally had very good service at the hotel. This stay, housekeeping did not leave water bottles of drinking water. I called the front desk asking for water to be brought to the room and after 30 minutes waiting, I had to call a second time for them to deliver water. The second day, the staff also did not put water in the room. When leaving, I mentioned this issue to the manager and a guest next to me also indicated they did not provide him water. Not having water is a small thing, but I expect the best service when staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ICKHOBAR, General Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, February 23, 2014

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay with us. We have taken good note of your comments regarding the delivery of water and will take prompt action to prevent the recurrence of such inconveniences in the future.

Comments from our valued guests do help us to further improve the quality of our services and we trust that this incident will not deter you from using our facilities again.

We look forward to many more opportunities of serving you in your future travels, and remain,

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Attended a training workshop for three days. The workshop halls were good, spacy and had proper equipments. The snacks were average- alot of sweets and few sandwiches. The toilets were small but clean. Lunch was average, it could have been better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent experience with us. We have taken note of the constructive comments you have made and will take whatever measures necessary to address these issues.

We do value your patronage and look forward to further opportunities of serving you in your future travels.

Kuwait
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I stay in Al Khobar every month or two on business and have seen the service at the Intercontinental decline with each visit over the past year. After complaining again on my last visit and having IHG Customer Service guarantee me that the hotel owner and GM would address my concerns, sadly nothing has improved. Instead service on this trip is even worse. Starting with the terrible driver responsible for my airport transfer, to the over 30 minute wait to be checked in.

The entire staff seem disengaged and walking around the hotel none of them smile, none of them greet their guests, very cold feeling here as a guest.

In an attempt to appease their initial mistakes, they upgraded me.....to an older room in another building away from the gym and Executive Lounge that I use most....well that is disappointing.

At least they remembered to bring me an adaptor for the coffee machine in the room, without which the machine can not be plugged in......but why is this not set in every room now? It has been a year since I first point this design error out.

Sadly the coffee setting is however now taking up the entire desk area in the room......so you have to move it to do any work.

So as a IHG Platinum customer, the hotel in Al Khobar is no longer on my list of places to stay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MjMarlay
ICKHOBAR, General Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, February 15, 2014

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your comments relating to your February 2014 stay in our hotel.

Allow me to most sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during this stay. I am distressed at the manner in which you have been treated. I will take ownership of this complaint personally and will do whatever is necessary in order to restore our image as the most caring hotel in town providing the ultimate in luxury and comfort.

As a repeat customer with IHG Platinum membership, you are certainly one of our valued guests, and I trust that you will give us a further opportunity to live up to your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again to the Intercontinental Al Khobar, I remain,

Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The descrepancy & confusion for Breakfast for 02 adults sharing the Room must be clarified & simple.
The Bath section should be well protected / sealed from spilling the Water outside near the Wash Basin while showering.

Room Tip: Floor 2-3 with south side is Good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay with us. We have taken note of the comments you have made relating to breakfast as well as the spillage of water from the bath section; we have taken appropriate measures to address these issues.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you once again to the InterContinental Al Khobar.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 29, 2014

They should try to better serve business travelers, especially when these travelers are of the kind that repeat visits, like me.

Sometimes they tend to be a little too much "by the book". Be sure that confirm in writing any change you make to your reservation, and to communicate any change you do.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear BluePlanetNomad,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with my family as a weekend away and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The breakfast was first class, the rooms beautiful and the service excellent. I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants somewhere to relax!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

We value your patronage and look forward to many more opportunities of serving you in the future.