“totally satisfied”

Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Al Khobar
Amman
“totally satisfied”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was on short business trip, 2 nights, very pleased with the service and facilities, they make you feel very special as if you own the hotel! the food, oh the food, delicious breakfast, always fresh! highly recommended

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ICKHOBAR, Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, January 8, 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay with us, and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. We will continue to maintain the highest standards of service that we are renowned for.

Looking forward to further opportunities of serving you in the future, we remain,

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recommend this hotel for everyone. Excellent and big rooms - good services. It is always my choice when I travel to Khobar. It is not far from the cornich. I think the only negative that this hotel have is the bad view.

• Stayed November 2012

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay, and we will continue to maintain and improve on the level of service that we have been renowned for.

We look forward to further opportunities of serving you in the future, and remain,

Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It was nice trip to this hotel for business and good location also the F&B Department is perfect, they have good morning breakfast also the service was good
About the room cleans well, also room service very fast and helpful team

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your kind comments on your stay with us; it is gratifying to know that we were able to live up to your expectations, and we will continue to maintain this.

We look forward to many more opportunities of serving you in the future, and remain,

Dubai, UAE
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been travelling around the region for the past seven years. Tried the majority of 5* hotels from Spain and Morocco West to Thailand East. The best experience I have as of today is at Intercontinental Alkhobar. Personalised service and positive moments of Truth starting from the airport pickup, Clean luxury cars with positive attitude drivers. Outstanding service at the reception and the rooms are as always, the best to work in and to sleep in. The hotel is at the right size that will make it like home specially with the warm and friendly staff. If anyone wants to learn service, they should go and visit intercontinental Alkhobar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ICKHOBAR, Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, January 18, 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your constructive comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to many more opportunities of serving you in the future.

Best regards,
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed in the Intercontinental on several occasions, but this time I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a Junior Suite (a genuine upgrade, not a check-in clerk's idea of an upgrade) at no extra charge. On the down side it did take a little longer to get checked in, but they provided hot towels and fruit juice, so I wasn't complaining. It is the first time I have stayed in the hotel side rather than the annex side, and it was an extremely pleasant experience. As I had a business meeting in the hotel that evening I was able to use my room rather than the lobby of the hotel, so it worked out very well. As you would expect, the room was spacious, well equipped and quiet, with free internet in the room. I needed an adaptor plug to charge my phone (the room is equipped with continental plugs with one UK socket that I could not fit my charger in) and the hotel provided it within a couple of minutes. That evening we went to a restaurant on the Corniche and used a hotel car to get us there and back. Cost was very reasonable (SAR70 each way). Breakfast is good but on the high side price wise (not included in my rate). Check out was effortless and at all times service was impeccable. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade to a Junior Suite. If not don't worry as all rooms are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ICKHOBAR, Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, December 23, 2012

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

A brief note to thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel and we are glad that we were able to make your stay pleasant and comfortable.

Your comments are valuable to us as they provide us the base to further improve the quality of our facilities and services.

Thank you again for making us your preferred hotel, and we look forward to be of service to you in the future.

Best regards,
Reviewed December 1, 2012

- Nice place and very modern (seems that it has been recently re innovated)
- Breakfast good
- Internet speed is good
- Staff very knowledgeable and helpful
- Didn't try to use car parking, but seems not nice
- I would love to go back again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ICKHOBAR, Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, December 2, 2012

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. You have our assurance that we will strive to maintain the highest standards of quality and service, and it will be our pleasure to have you with us many more times in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again to the InterContinental Al Khobar, we remain,

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've stayed here twice this year. I was booked into a junior suite in May, and I'm staying in a standard deluxe room at the moment.

Now, Khobar is a great city compared to others here and so is the Intercon. The lobby is commodious and the facilities are pretty impressive.

The rooms are well kept. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. Especially Mr. Faruk at reception is always there to help.

The food is delicious and well served. Here's a story from my current visit;
I ordered soup and ravioli ricotta but instead came ravioli spinach.I never have the habit of sending back food thinking it might go to waste. I mean there's effort and work done after all.
I called room service and informed them in case they had sent my ravioli to a spinach fan :)
In minutes, I received a call from the executive chef apologizing and offering some dessert and coffee. Of course, I did not refuse and enjoyed my scrumptious after-dinner compliment.

These little things are what makes an establishment special I believe. I will never forget the kindness I've received here in Al Khobar Intercon.

Plus, it is reasonably priced when you compare it with other cities. The only downside is that some rooms do not get enough sunlight due to their locations but I don't mind that. This hotel is my first choice when staying in Al Khobar.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your constructive comments on Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay with us. It is gratifying to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. You have our assurance that we will strive to maintain and improve on our standards of quality and service.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to the InterContinental Al Khobar, and remain,