“Excellent stay at Intercontinental Al Jubail”

InterContinental Al Jubail
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Al Jubail
Doha
“Excellent stay at Intercontinental Al Jubail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I arrived with my family (wife and 2 kids) after a five hour drive from DOha at approximately 22.00. We were greeted with smiling faces, helpful staff, wodnerful people and a room upgrade without even asking for it. The room was lovely (renovated section), comfortable. All the staff at the hotel were so pleasant. The breakfast was amazing. In the last 5 years, we have travelled approximately 12 - 15 times a year to different countries and Intercontinental Al Jubail ranks as one of the highest in terms of comfort. The breakfast was amazing, alot of choice and extremely helpful staff. We received a late check out, again without even asking. We spent Friday afternoon on the beach which was awesome. My 6 year old daughter and 8 month old son really enjoyed it. The only disappointment we had was we intended to go scuba diving and snorkelling, but unfortunately the dive center was closed for the entire weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I have stayed at previous Intercontinental, Crown Plaza, Holiday Inn's before and i must say that i am never disappointed. Thank you so much for making our weekend trip very enjoyable and comfortable. IHG should be proud of the staff they have on the ground as it is because of these wonderful people, that guests like myself enjoy their stays.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Ashraf K
InterContinenta... J, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Al Jubail, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Mr.Ashraf,

Greetings from InterContinental Al Jubail!

Guests comments such as yours puts a smile on our faces as we know that our hard work means something. We try and anticipate what the guest requires and your review told us that we did our job.

It' great to know that you have been our guests with our sister hotels and we appreciate that you gave us a chance to host you .

Please do come again and give your review , we would love to hear from you.

Regards,

Jawad Rajput

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many time and it continues to impress me. The staff are so helpful and always waiting to help you.I am in a hotel nearly every week and this is a genuine nice hotel. I would like to thank the staff in making it a lovely stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... J, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Al Jubail, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Mr. Stevecave,

Greetings from InterContinental Al Jubail! First of all thank you very much for your time sharing your experience with us. No words can express our happiness about your review, this is a part in continuing our core purpose to the guest which Great hotel Guest love.

We look forward to see back again in our hotel and assist you in your future inquiry, if you require any assistance just email us at sales@icjubail.com.sa and we are happy to assist you. Once again thank you very much.

Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed there for a couple of days last December for my business appointment. Its my second time to stay in the hotel. It has a fantastic relaxing scenery view of the beach with garden. I used the gym and its quite different from the last time I went there. One thing that I noticed is that the staff there doesnt give much care to the people using their facilities. One arabic speaking staff just loitering around and speaks only with the locals. I got my chance to ask him something about their facilities and about the beach, but it seemed like he doesnt know anything or maybe he could not understand what im saying. This staff should have "atleast " knowledge with his job and what the hotel infos all about. He should entertain all guests also not only arabic speaking guests.using at all times. The rest of the staffs are absolutely great specialy the waiters at the lobby.

• Stayed November 2013
InterContinenta... J, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Al Jubail, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Mr. jwayne_uk,

Greetings from InterContinental Al Jubail! First of all thank you very much for your time sharing your experience with us. No words can express our happiness about your stay, this is a part in continuing our core purpose to the guest which Great hotel Guest love.

We have take your comment regarding our employee and forward this concern to our management team to take necessary training for our employee.

We are hoping to welcome you back again in our hotel, and if you require any assistance just email us at sales@icjubail.com.sa and we are happy to assist you. Once again thank you very much.

Regards,
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

With no doubts, it's the best hotel you can stay in in the whole al jubail area, It's very clean, professional staff, breakfast is very good with a big variety, rooms are spacious and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Al Jubail. I've been here twice so far.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... J, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Al Jubail, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Mark M,

Greetings from InterContinental Al Jubail!

We look forward to see back again in our hotel and assist you in your futureinquiry, if you require any assistance just email us at sales@icjubail.com.sa and we are happy to assist you. Once again thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is undergoing discreet renovations. We took 2 deluxe rooms which I think will be renovated shortly. I upgraded one of the rooms to a renovated superior which was worth the extra $$$.
Breakfast was wonderful
Beach was clean and organized
Spa and gym were excellent
All staff were attentive and informative.
I will definitely return to Jubail just to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: pick the premium rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
InterContinenta... J, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Al Jubail, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Mr. ALTHUMAYRI,

Greetings! first of all thank you for your time sharing your experience in regards to your stay in our hotel. We thank you for rating us overall 5, We are looking forward to see you back again n our hotel and deliver our high standard service and experience our core purpose which Great hotel Guest Love.

Best regards, Reynante Pattung
Harrison, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband has stayed there several times and raved about it , but this was my first time and I was not let down. I look forward to seeing the renovation upgrades over the next few years as the rooms are looking outdated. The ongoing renovations are very discrete and I would never even realize they are happening except for the signs letting us know what is to come. Unlike some of the previous reviewers we were not in a renovated room, however on the club floor which is convenient and the service top notch. Arthur in the club always greets us by name and with a smile. He remembers what our favorites are and has them waiting for us when we sit down. Saifel works in the afternoon in the bell/valet area and is my husbands "go-to" for everything- storing boxes to arranging for special requests. His service is above and beyond and you can tell he loves his job and the company he works for. Anything you need- just ask for Saifel and he will make it happen.
This was my first trip to Saudi and I wans nervous I was going to do something wrong. Having Ijaz Ali a Valet/bellman on the morning team answering all my questions and always there to assist me was a huge plus. As I walked through the lobby I would see him and get a big wave. This kind of friendly professionalism made my stay comfortable and welcoming . The entire bell team was wonderful- I wish I remembered all their names

Huge pluses: All the staff! The gentlemen who delivered our laundry and the housekeeping team was amazing. The club team, the managers and Chef who checked on us to see if everything was to our liking. The food in the club and the breakfast in the lobby- wonderful selections. We travel a lot and stay in hotels over 200 days a year and this club is the most attentive I have ever been in- not just the club staff but all the culinary team members and managers I see going in and out to check on the quantity and quality of food. Impressive!

The beach is great- it was cool and breezy but I got a couple afternoons to read on the beach. I am hoping during a future longer stay to take advantage of the watersports area- perhaps some scuba lessons!

The women's workout facility was ok. The treadmills are showing their age and the one on the end never works but they always have it ready like it is working. The TV viewing offered on the treadmills during working out is a "fix" for the older equipment but the remotes can accidentally change others channels unless you hold them "just so" when you are changing the channels. It's busy in the morning so if you want to get on a good machine don't go first thing.

We are royal ambassadors with IHG and this property will always be a favorite of ours due to the amazing service from ALL the staff members.
Thank you for a wonderful stay and see you soon.

Room Tip: We discovered the windows opened at the end of our stay- enjoy the fresh air ! I encourage everyon...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... J, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Al Jubail, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Ms. GoodTravelwithSmiths,

First of all thank you very much for your time sharing your experience with us. We know great service will bring us to the top. In this way we are proving our core purpose which is GREAT HOTEL GUEST LOVE and reach our ambition to become number 1.

With your review this will gives us to continue what we are giving to each our guest, and your issues was forwarded to the concern department to take necessary actions.

We are looking forward to see and your family in our hotel.

Have a great day!

best regards,
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for business. I was in an older room which was fine but somewhat showing its age. Lobby sweet and sandwich bar is very nice for lunch and the service throughout the lobby area was excellent. Breakfast off the lobby was very good as well as the Lebanese restaurant downstairs for a business dinner at a round table. Very comfortable bed, linens, and pillow so I slept well.

Room Tip: Some rooms do face an interior courtyard. I turned off AC and was cool enough in March
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... J, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Al Jubail, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Mr. Joe B,

Greetings! Firs of all thank you very much for spending time in writing a review in regards to your stay in our hotel. Nothing can expressed our sincere gratitude in your observations in our hotel. This will help us to motivate and improved our services and deliver our core purpose which is Great Hotel guest Love.

We are looking forward to see you back again in our hotel.