““Good Budget Hotel””

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Al Jubail
Jubail, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
““Good Budget Hotel””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed for a couple of weeks. Everyone was helpful and friendly and tried to do their best to make my stay enjoyable. Comfortable room and bed. Food whilst not spectacular was adequate and considering the price reasonable value. I returned for a two day training workshop (around 15 people) and the facilites were very good and very reasonably priced indeed.

8 Thank Shuhaib H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is quite new and fresh and rooms are large and neatly furnished. Service is on par with a 3 start hotel. Both the twin bed and the king size beds were comfortable, but the pillows were to thick and hard. The internet connection was rather slow, but working. The breakfast buffet was better than expected compared to the rest of the experience. The restaurant is located on the 7th floor with a good view of the shore line.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the # 12 rooms on all floors, since they are located close to the elevator
8 Thank johan6688
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Hotel is situated on the coast.
Reception was effecient, and the room large a spacious.
Internet was OK but slow and occasionally dropped out.
The restaurant serves som decent food and the buffet was varied every night.

6 Thank Mark Y
American in France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My room was very nice: large, comfortable, and quiet. The bed is a bit hard for my taste, but I slept fine. The view of the beach is decent, but coming from another country, I'm so accustomed to seeing kids playing, and people swimming, that it seemed desolate to me. I did see some people playing cricket, which was fun to watch.
The restaurant is pretty good, but I think their pizzas are frozen. I personally enjoy the steak sandwich, get the fries to go with it.
My complaint about this place is the internet service. It's terrible. The WiFi was out of service for three days, and when it finally came back on, it was very intermittent. The service via Ethernet port isn't much better. I'm sure part of it is simply the fact that it's Saudi Arabia, but this is ridiculous.
Another thing that I found very aggravating is the fact that when I pull my key card out of the slot that turns on and off the lights, power is cut off to every outlet in the room. If you've connected something that you want to charge while you're gone, you can forget it.
If you arrive after around 6PM, parking will be an issue. This is of course a good excuse to leave work early.
If you're going to walk to the shopping district (which you invariably will, because there's nothing else to do, especially when you have no internet), which is about 5 minutes away, be sure to update your tetanus shot, as the neighborhood is like a demilitarized zone. I almost stepped on a rusty nail sticking out of a pallet that was laying in the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank notparistexas
Trencin, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have been in this hotel for about three weeks and I really enjoyed the collaborativeness, cleanliness and good restaurant. The breakfast is full and varied. The restaurant offers a menu satisfactory even for Europeans. Some small details do not classify it best: the swimming pool is mini, little availability of parking and maybe it would be nice to find the windows clean even from the outside every now and then.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Alfredo P
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

1. Breakfast : I went to breakfast hall and asked for a egg white omlette. I got reply that the egg comes with yok and they cant seperate it. The person who took the order was afraid to talk with the Chef there and he explained that the Chef has instructed them not to take such orders.

2. Asked for a boiled egg : Got an egg from the freezer. When asked the reply was it will take time to boill the egg so be brought one from freezer which was meant for club sandwitch.

After the first day experience I decided not to interact with these people for the sake of peace of mind. Second day I was coming back from office and I saw an English Man yelling at the reception guys. He asked for toilet papers an hour back and now he is at reception as he didnt get it ( Poor guy...i dont know how he hold it ). The front office manager came out and asked about the problem and he said he has a box of tissue in his office and he offered him the same. I saw the man running back shaking his head.

Few days later I complained about Wifi. It was disconnecting frequently. When asked the operator told me me wait for some more time as they didnt get any other complaint from other rooms. When asked whether I need to wait until someone checkin with a laptop he was offered the IT person to check the problem.

The IT person comes and shakes his head left and right....noooo..... I asked what happend ? He replied " Are you using Lenovo ?...we always have problems with Lenovo, Dell and HP ". I asked him now what is left ! and he asked me to use Google Chrome as a solution. I didnt understand these explanations and decided not to complain any more.

On the last day of my stay, I thought to have some food finally as I was eating out after my first experience. I ordered a Chicken Biriyani. It came very fast and I was very happy to have the prompt service. When I started I felt the tase of Lamb in the rice but ignored " May be I am feeling it as I am upset with these guys !!! "

After few spoons I found a small Lamp piece in the rice. WHen tasted the chicked it was frozen from inside as if it was taken out from freezer and put in oven for few min. Called room service and aksed about the Lamp he prompty repled.." Sir we didnt had Chicken biriyani ..so we took the rice from Lamb biriyani and put chicken pieces in it "

Last thing is about Bathroom. They have suites but there is no space in bathroom. I am a 72 kg person and I couldnt turn around in the shower cabin. See the picture :-)

For better experience please visit Golden Tulip ( Btw.. I hope Golden tulip should stop these guys from using their name. )

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank BKR1304551

Travelers are raving about these Al Jubail hotels

Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've been 'fortunate' enough to stay in 3 of the four main hotels in Jubail over a number of visits.
Intercontinental being the best and with security 'pricey' compared to the other 2

Coral Beach - Location (what Beach?) Rooms 7/10 Service 7/10 Food 8/10 Another downside is they allow smoking in the restauraunt!

The Tulip was booked on my behalf, not sure if its meant to be 'new' or 'refurbished', However looking at others comments in 2012 things have improved. The internal finishing still leaves a lot to be desired, and they could have made the bathrooms bigger, but hey i was only here for a few days and my room was cleaned daily. Best... Service/Worst.. Breakfast
Nearly forgot to say, they have wifi, but it doesn't work with 'apple' products! You need 'Chrome Browser' Yeah i know right!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business